Register Calendar New Posts

Author Comment

George.Mamakos

Reply with quote  #1 
Update 01.018.021 has been released. You can now create custom colors for blocks, change the gravity generator’s range settings and rename most of the objects that are available on the Control Panel (gyroscope, refinery, etc.).
We have also synchronized the ship systems in multiplayer and added a construction deck (magnetic deck) on the platform when starting a new game (world).

Features
- create custom colors for blocks (default by P key, SHIFT+P is color picker)
- configurable range of gravity generator
- multiplayer synchronization of ship systems - Lights, spotlight, motors, landing gears and the other functional blocks that can be used on ships are now synchronized
- rename most of the objects that are available on the Control Panel (gyroscope, refinery, etc.)
- added a construction deck (magnetic deck) on the platform when starting a new game (world)
- added a second (back) entrance to small ship cockpit
- renamed thrusts to thrusters
- renamed reflector light to spotlight
- added passage block (replaces the ladder block)

Fixes
- minor performance optimizations
- fixed slowdown on some systems caused by timer frequency
- fixed explosion lags
- fixed explosion particle effect
- fixed projectile damage dealt to heavy armor (now it's more durable)
- fixed physical shape of drill
- fixed missiles ghosting through ship which launched it
- fixed mirroring of some blocks
- reduced memory usage when building blocks

Update 01.018.023
- fixed issue when using CTRL+X on object which is controlled by another player
- fixed crash when copy/pasting station
pan89

Reply with quote  #2 
finally i can change colours...

Grinsomx

Reply with quote  #3 
nice and extensive list, thank you for this one.
this really expands the scope of the game.
Jakejud

Reply with quote  #4 
Jake Happy
Binary25

Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks for this update [smile]

My contributions for the wiki : http://www.spaceengineerswiki.com/Special:Contributions/Binary25
DiBBz

Reply with quote  #6 
no way this is AWESOME [smile] thx
J4xon

Reply with quote  #7 

Antoher great Update . Awsome ! [thumb]

Reply with quote  #8 
I'm very happy to see the Gravity Generator field adjustments most of all, I always hated that the artificial gravity expanded outside of my ship.  This also looks like it could work well for mass drivers as well.  Thanks devs

FunkyBacon

Reply with quote  #9 
I had noticed the backdoor entrance on the small cockpit some time ago already [biggrin] But I guess bringing it to public knowledge is a good thing [smile]

Looking great though! Keep it up [biggrin]
Linard

Reply with quote  #10 
Now we only need to ability to group stuff in the control panel to disable all gyros at once for example. =)
Unlogicification

Reply with quote  #11 
Mmm, Space Engineers. Tastes like awesome.
vorlon

Reply with quote  #12 
I have only one complaint: why is the unit of acceleration G instead of meters per second^2, which would be consistent with the other SI-units used in the game? Please fix. [nono]
-propulsion mass for thrusters
-rotating sections to generate gravity
FunkyBacon

Reply with quote  #13 
Looking at my "Bastion" asteroid base I noticed the last 2 patches did not treat it well. The ladders got removed and sometimes I find a random Large Autocannon(Large ship gatling) in the middle of my base, which I am 100% certain was not there before it.
It is not everytime an ladder was removed, but it is in several locations in my base.

I fixed it by hand, but anyone else noticed this? I found them almost directly next to my previous elevator's locations and this caused them to remove parts of my base which was a pain to redo :/ (Luckily I do everything in symmetry so rebuilding was simply looking at the other side of the building and I knew how it was before)

Edit: Meant ladder not escalator ~BrainFart~
Wammbo

Reply with quote  #14 
A realy solid update like every time! thx
But i have a question: why was the ladder block removed!? Waht exacley do error for ladders? Will it be impossible to implement them again couse of the engine or is the ladder cost to mutch Performance?

@ FunkyBacon
Did you Played the multiplayer? Because my Friend got some same thinks happend like you. He restartet the game and everything was fine again. Looks like his Problem ocures after some period of time.

Reply with quote  #15 
More customization of existing blocks is a good sight. Personally i would like to see block grouping and some sort of macros generator.

PS: Another excellent step in developing game, good job.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: