Register Calendar New Posts

Note: This topic is locked. No new replies will be accepted.

Author Comment

PhaxeNor

Reply with quote  #31 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboredteen1
Do they actully work

With rotors they work.

My hopes for next update is to finish the conveyor and "publish" the hidden files as working + bug fixes and multiplayer optimization - host to player (collision of objects and what not)
Vermillion

Reply with quote  #32 
-Mod snip- 
Fake pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPhoenix
SE was always realism driven. People who don't understand this shouldn't play this game.
Marneus

Reply with quote  #33 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermillion
-Mod snip- 
Fake pictures.

Looks like a 3D machine

Reply with quote  #34 
Verm you know you're going to get a warning for that [tongue]
Virtus sine Macula (Virtue without blemish). Shivan Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006689968/myworkshopfiles/?appid=244850 Shivan Industries R&D: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006689968/screenshots/?appid=244850&sort=newestfirst&browsefilter=myfiles&view=imagewall
Vermillion

Reply with quote  #35 
I asked, they didn't say I couldn't post it. Normally they respond...
You can spoil next week when that time comes around

Quote:
SE was always realism driven. People who don't understand this shouldn't play this game.
tutkarz

Reply with quote  #36 
Quote:
-Mod snip- 
Fake pictures.

That 3D printer will take forever to build in survival ... It could be nice to be able to join parts of ships. That printer could be printed in parts that way.
Marneus

Reply with quote  #37 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tutkarz
Quote:
-Mod snip- 
Fake pictures.

That 3D printer will take forever to build in survival ... It could be nice to be able to join parts of ships. That printer could be printed in parts that way.

It looks like it really is a welder arm, like in a car factory.

Reply with quote  #38 
Wow well that doesn't look cool in any way watsoever...... [wink]. Just kidding that looks INSANE [thumb]

For sure it will take a while to build in survival but it will save you so much time constructing ships... The printer above is for builder pretty big ships, if you wanted to just build miners/fighters, then it would be a lot smaller. So do the welding arms slide about on the rails?

Thanks a lot for sharing but couldn't you get in trouble for this [wink]?

For anyone wondering, Xocliw is pronounced zock-lee [thumb]!
Skeloton

Reply with quote  #39 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xocliw

Thanks a lot for sharing but couldn't you get in trouble for this [wink]?

Well he already has one warning from what another tester told me lol.

Virtus sine Macula (Virtue without blemish). Shivan Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006689968/myworkshopfiles/?appid=244850 Shivan Industries R&D: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006689968/screenshots/?appid=244850&sort=newestfirst&browsefilter=myfiles&view=imagewall
paswert

Reply with quote  #40 
And now Verm is not allowed to use the Dev builds.

FLAK GUNS, LARGE GUNS, MORE GUNS, GUNS

"Tell my gummy bears I love them" - Last words of Tazoo, 5 May 2014
Vermillion

Reply with quote  #41 
-Mod snip- 
Fake pictures.

Quote:
TherianUlf

Reply with quote  #42 
-Mod snip- 
Fake pictures.

I run a hosted server, [US WEST] TherianNet come in and play!
Xocliw

Reply with quote  #43 
Very interesting indeed..... So the arms extend out/get longer? And the end of the arm has nearly 360 degrees of movement? Will this bay also repair and deconstruct ships? 

For anyone wondering, Xocliw is pronounced zock-lee [thumb]!
Vermillion

Reply with quote  #44 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TherianUlf

Awesome! 
Thanks for sharing, I Can't wait to see this [smile]
Question though, can the arms be placed on the outside railing? does the railing have to be a complete square? or just a rail line?
Therian

I believe I could've made the Constructor's rails any shape, as long as each one is a complete circuit.
The Work Arms only go on the main rail. The other ones don't have a supply hatch.

EDIT: There's only recipes for the welding arms. You can see in the first shot at least 2 arms that can't reach are folded up at the sides. You can theoretically extend them, then double them back to get at the blocks behind their reach, as long as the arm is in the right place. They aren't like that right now though.

Quote:
TherianUlf

Reply with quote  #45 
Quote:

I believe I could've made the Constructor's rails any shape, as long as each one is a complete circuit.
The Work Arms only go on the main rail. The other ones don't have a supply hatch.

EDIT: There's only recipes for the welding arms. You can see in the first shot at least 2 arms that can't reach are folded up at the sides. You can theoretically extend them, then double them back to get at the blocks behind their reach, as long as the arm is in the right place. They aren't like that right now though.

Too bad there isn't a way to bind to ship objects together, I would love to make 4 parts of a big ship and weld it all together

I run a hosted server, [US WEST] TherianNet come in and play!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: