1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Rubberbanding after recent patch

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by High_RnD, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. High_RnD

High_RnD Trainee Engineer

Hello, most of ppl on Emerald Immersion dedicated server are experiencing very bad rubberbanding and overall decrease in performance. Most of us had no issues before patch.

2. Kielm

Kielm Junior Engineer

We are having the same problem.

Since the patch, any kind of motion results in extreme lag.

The server load seems to be normal, and it's even with just one player connected.

It's pretty much made multiplayer unplayable :(

3. FaFps

FaFps Trainee Engineer

We Too

The Server Lags very strong. its unplayable.

Fix it fast please

4. Bibmo

Bibmo Trainee Engineer

Is it since the patch or since the pach after you do something specific. so far i havent noticed any of such problems on my root.

What sort of Servers do you host?

The thing i noticed the server uses alot more ram since last update.

5. Ch3ck3r

Ch3ck3r Trainee Engineer

I can confirm this problem. But on our server only one (out of 4) players is effected by this. All other players noticed an increased performance instead.

6. High_RnD

it is since the patch, maybe is the world too big

7. Fieselstein

Fieselstein Trainee Engineer

We also had rubberbanding with Version 01.033.006.. and the Upload serverside was more than doubled. I'm updating to 01.033.007 right now..but it seems they did not fix this?..

8. kldeadeye

kldeadeye Trainee Engineer

We have massive Rubberbandig to on our server.

9. Kielm

Kielm Junior Engineer

Ram is not the problem, still 3gb free with the dedicated server running. CPU is generally in the teens/twenties, used to get up to 60-70% when fully loaded with players but even two players is causing some serious problems. I can't quite seem to pin down the cause. When more players are in the game it becomes impossible to move around, the client and server are fighting each other for positioning data with the server constantly pushing you back to where you were.

10. Menter

Menter Trainee Engineer

Do you use an vServer?

I have the same issues with my server. Even with a new world, but not as "laggy" as the old one.

11. Crafty Sentinel

Crafty Sentinel Trainee Engineer

My servers upload rate has halved since the update, a little rubber banding but nothing too extreme. Welding and Grinding and other actions are much more responsive as well. Overall it's been good. I did noticed the extra ram usage but still plenty left. (7 of 16GB).

EDIT: I should mention the pop in my server peaks out at around 12-14.

12. dead969

dead969 Trainee Engineer

Hi,

we have the same Problems over the internert. I don't think its a hardware problem.

Hardware:
    HP DL360 16 Core Xeon an 24 GB RAM.
    Windows 2008R2

No Problem, when i start the game in the local network.

13. Kielm

Kielm Junior Engineer

I do. I was gonna try that this evening but since you've said that I don't think I'll bother! Guess I'll have to wait for an update/fix and stick to single player. Kinda sucks, just wish there was a way I could roll it back to the older code. It was a little buggy sure, but people could at least move!

14. dead969

dead969 Trainee Engineer

Hi,

i found a workaround for this problem. Install this tool https://setoolbox.codeplex.com/releases/view/123117 on your server and open the world with it. and delete all items, that over 100km away from the middle.

my traffic goes down from 800kbit/s pro user to 80kbit/s.

15. Menter

Menter Trainee Engineer

Done already - no changes, at least rubber banding stays the same...

16. dead969

dead969 Trainee Engineer

Did you safe the world after the delete in this tool?

17. joebopie

joebopie Apprentice Engineer

The "rubberbanding" is to do with high ping. if you have a high ping to the server you WILL get this jittering. they have totally changed the way the code works. there is nohing you can do other than connecting with lan that will fix it. ( probly why this didn't notice it if they tested it on office lan with ZERO ping.

18. dead969

dead969 Trainee Engineer

Yes, its right. But you can decrease the lost's object in the wide space. Less object => less traffic

19. Kielm

Kielm Junior Engineer

My ping is 24ms unconnected and avg 28ms when connected.

20. Kielm

Kielm Junior Engineer

Server is cleaned daily and junk removed.

21. joebopie

They have totally changes how they update player position and now it is HEAVILY reliable on a low ping. if you have say 300ping like myself playing with peple in USA from UK with a crap connection There are BIG problems. it has made it not unplayable but bouncing around off walls because of rubber banding and juddering everywhere is Very very annoying. ITS MAKING MY HEAD HURT. it seems that the player cant even move unless the server sends back a message that say yea sure you can move, this is a realy bad way to make the multiplayer player movement. Im starting to lose hope with this game and KHS. (I just hope they do actualy know what they are doing) have a look at this. --->

22. joebopie

yes but its still not zero, I should have said its to do with THE PING. and the refresh speed of the server.

23. High_RnD

i am still very sad about it.... hot fix not changed it...

24. MrKoronas

MrKoronas Apprentice Engineer

The rubber banding on the server seems to be fine for me now after today's patch

25. Kielm

Kielm Junior Engineer

So I updated with today's patch, did the usual cleanup with SEToolBox and... no difference.

Any ideas?

It seems some people are not having the same problems as others, which would imply there is a configuration issue or something similar.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.