1. The forum will be closing soon permanently. Please read the announcement here

Note: User registration has been closed. We do not accept any new accounts.

how to do this?!?!

Discussion in 'Gameplay Help' started by REDHAWK, Nov 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. REDHAWK

REDHAWK Trainee Engineer

ion one of the update videos in beginning when the piston and blast door came out, you cann see a a little video where you see a hatcxh opens and a platform rising from underneath and a turret on top. as i can see they used blast doors for this amnd most likely pistons.

but when i make this platform of blast door, i am not able to attach anything under it wich means i cant get it to connect with any kind of pistons as i cant build over or under it.

so how the heck do i do this?!

i want to make exact same thing for use as elevator.

please help.

2. goduranus

goduranus Junior Engineer

the turret is attached to an armor or conveyor block, which is attached to the blast doors.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2014
  3. gimmilfactory

gimmilfactory Junior Engineer

Not true. You can attach the armor blocks to the side of the piston head and the turret directly to the top of it. It will clear the side of the piston shaft when fully down. I have a few automated rotating platforms designed around this.

4. REDHAWK

REDHAWK Trainee Engineer

do u think u could make a short video just to show?

because on the front and back side of the blast block im not able to place anything.

im able to trick it in some way but then the middle block is higher than the rest... freaking annoying + theres a little gap in the middle of the block on 2 of the sides as result of this. im not able to make the platform equal over all.

5. Namdoolb

Namdoolb Apprentice Engineer

I don't have exactly what you are looking for, but I have something similar.

blueprint file

It uses modded blocks (details in description) which you'll need to activate in your game in order to paste this in.

It operates fairly similarly to what you described. It is fairly complex in it's operation, but being able to study it close-up may help.

6. REDHAWK

REDHAWK Trainee Engineer

i would honestly want to do this witghout mods. anyone know how to?

7. REDHAWK

REDHAWK Trainee Engineer

but thats anyways

8. Namdoolb

Well, you can build it without mods (using just the stock blast door blocks) but it won't look as good, and you will have the occasional gap in places where the stock blast door blocks don't quite have the necessary shapes to make it fit together flush.

The blast door sections is the only mod that's used there. Everything else is from the vanilla game.

So you can create the structure and the mechanism in the basic un-modded game, it just won't look as pretty.

9. REDHAWK

REDHAWK Trainee Engineer

hmm allright. so it means the original video that was the announcement video when the pistons and blast doors came into this game was modded? (the video from keenswh)?

they used a mod to make it like that when the turret came up from the hatch to make it like that?

:SSS

10. Namdoolb

No, the turret was a simpler design, and can be done in the basic game just like they showed. The comment about mods really only applies to more complex things.

(the only reason I needed to use modded blocks to get the appearance right was because my design puts a rotor on a moving piston and needs better clearance.)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2014
  11. REDHAWK

REDHAWK Trainee Engineer

hmmm. any possibility that u know about a "how to" video to make the one they used in the video update??

12. Neotician

Neotician Apprentice Engineer

Nope, so i made one:

I think i come off as kind of smug in the video, just ignore it, it's late and my brain has shut down my social skills to save energy :p
    Hope it's useful.

13. REDHAWK

REDHAWK Trainee Engineer

allright thanks so much man <333 love helpful peoples like you :)

and you go to bed and rest now :) you deserve it and again thanks a lot <3 :D

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.