1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Update 01.065 - Communications

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by George.Mamakos, Jan 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. cedi

cedi Apprentice Engineer

So, the first build of that tool was released on June 16th and the last one on the 26th of September. To get the tool to where it is right now they needed around 3.5 - 4 months, with 6 contributors.

And you somehow expect keen to build something even more powerful in two weeks? If you are this impatient then I really don't know why you would buy an early access game, as you will only be let down.

2. Manyack

Manyack Trainee Engineer

Sorry I do not speak English, I use google translator to communicate ... so I am not able to express myself in a way that you can understand better.

3. Agnar

Agnar Apprentice Engineer

What do you speak, there's quite a few multi lingual forum members, maybe they could help.

4. Don Jacobs

Don Jacobs Junior Engineer

I had over 40 before I notice something more 'off' that more cargoships spawning that normal, and had to use SEToolbox just to find that out. Also in SP, and my Sim Speed had dropped to 35%

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2015
  5. Kraytex1

Kraytex1 Trainee Engineer

Our server has become EXTREMELY slow since the hotfix. Something has definitely gone wrong.

Even tried hosting a save on my machine.. i7 4790k 4ghz with 16gb of ram and still the exact same problem.

We've turned all reactors off, and still absolutely nothing changes. Even the respawn takes about 30 seconds, as the 5 second timer ticks down.

6. Malware

Malware Master Engineer

Aha, that explains things. I just came here to comment on my sim speed dropping to half, never had that happen before in single player.

Also explains why a cargo hauler was visible for way longer than I thought was usual... thought it had crashed or something.

7. Malware

Malware Master Engineer

But using SEToolbox to clean up did almost as much damage as it helped me... all the derelicts the scanner mod detected within 50k range before are now gone, even though I only deleted the ships I recognized the names of. :bawl:

8. Lord_Anubis

Lord_Anubis Trainee Engineer

I dont know, after this Update, the game goes slow. I have all things done, fix the game file. Updating my drivers. but nothing. three small ships on the map with lone Survivor Map, infinit Space und normal Density and it goes like Bullettime.

9. Agnar

How about reading the posts above you? That answer to your problem is mentioned in at least 6 of the ten latest posts.
    Bloody hell

10. VanDerFR

VanDerFR Trainee Engineer

For the "not despawn cargoship ( npc ) juste disable the "CargoShip" in the windows server startup.

11. Agnar

Then you don't get any to begin with, I for one find having a little combat enjoyable in between mining and welding runs...

12. Don Jacobs

Turning off the cargoships won't get rid of the ones already in the game. That I can state truly.

13. joker238905

joker238905 Trainee Engineer

Potential Bug Report:
    Since this patch my world has had issues with ships using landing gears to mount to large ships or stations. The ship will activate landing gears then shake, or vibrate, some until it has been left alone for a while and is shaking a lot and starts to destroy stuff.
    I am host on my computer with a friend logging into it from his. I have noticed quite a lot of guest clients with the shaking issue but isn't persistent to the host. This report is for the host client having the issue. Prior to patch I had several small and one large ship mounted to a singular large ship and flying around in exploration mode at near 300 m/s with no issues but since patch it has been doing this.
    If there is any other info I can give be happy to help. =)

14. tcmreaper

tcmreaper Trainee Engineer

1.) disable cargo ships
    2.) set max floating objects to min
    3.) start your world and leave it directly
    4.) set max floarting objects to your regular number
    5.) use settoolbox and delete all cargo ships and ores and rubbish hat you find
    6.)restart your server or SP world with a fresh world and everything will be fine for a while when cargo ships are off.

sometimes you have to repeat the trick with the ores

that worked for our server and our worlds!

15. Bobylein

Bobylein Apprentice Engineer

Whoa calm down, you sound like a little arrogant prick, not suited for someone who brag about working at a seemingly important company (which ever it is, maybe Boeing?)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2015
  16. extraammo

extraammo Senior Engineer

Not even doing anything there yet if he is being "mentored". Basically internship level at this point.

17. Nigel

Nigel Trainee Engineer

PLEASE INCLUDE NAVAL COMBAT IN MEDIEVAL ENGINEERS

18. Don Jacobs

Inappropriate place for this, dude.

19. Steso83

Steso83 Trainee Engineer

Hotfix today please ! TY

• Researching and developing experimental AI (already in a concept stage) . Let's see dem badboys soon.. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2015
  20. Martinineter

Martinineter Senior Engineer

Another great day has come in which we try to battle those forsaken barbarians with our humble f5 weaponry, although our arsenal has grown, it is still not mighty enough to take them down. Then and only then shall our great prize be unfeiled. Strike with the power of our F5 gods and let those barbarians give the artifact up. Stand ever f5igilant!

21. DoctorDeathDefying

DoctorDeathDefying Apprentice Engineer

Oi, you lot need to start waking me for these things.
    I've been sick as a dog for the last 60 hours. Somebody wake me when the raids begin.

Jeez.

Right-o, can I get a status report?

22. Martinineter

Same situation as last week, but we have grown in numbers and we have adapted to the new hostile environment:

23. Supreme Commander

Supreme Commander Trainee Engineer

I've managed to avoid the planet as I fell behind the fleet, sir. All F5 weapons are primed and ready. Just give the command.

24. Martinineter

Hold fire, you might destroy the artifact!. However, you might try and 'soften them up a little' with your longrange F5 railgun, other weapons won't work (because of the EM field). We will send your the targets coördinates when your assistance is needed.

Stand by!

25. Don Jacobs

Yours humble?

Mine is an 800lb Gorilla carrying a VERY large stick! (Ok, technically it's a tree it ripped out of the ground in an old oak forest, but still)

26. Martinineter

Humble compared to the ruthless weapons that those damned barbarians have. Have you seen those greatswords?!? Slices through flesh as if it was nothing. We lost 10 great men to bring him down...

27. Aerzaal

Aerzaal Trainee Engineer

You guys realize the update is probably like... 5 hours away or something. This time could be better spent offering up your ships to my mighty particle cannon. Or something.

28. Shuro

Shuro Apprentice Engineer

Aerzaal, maybe it was last time so...and the times before...but maybe today it is earlier!!!

29. Martinineter

Actually, 3 hours is closer, as the updates are mostly released at 18:00 european time, it is now 15:37... I like to spend my time this way, who are you to question how I like to spend my time...?

30. 55john5

55john5 Trainee Engineer

this means that you can make drones, send a message to them, set its range to low, and then its like a "turn back or die" thing :D

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.