1. The forum will be closing soon permanently. Please read the announcement here

Note: User registration has been closed. We do not accept any new accounts.

Ryu Destroyer Series - (Ship with huge claws)

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by Ryu116, Feb 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Ryu116

Ryu116 Trainee Engineer

Hello everyone,

After playing SE for few months, I truly enjoy this game very much unlike any other games. This game gives me endless hours fun of creating and building any ships of any kinds while going on adventures. And even this game is in Alpha, have so much potential to be one of greatest game!

However, I want to share my creation with this community after spending hours on buildnig these ships. I call her Ryu Detroyer, Ryu mean "Dragon" in Japanese language. Ryu / Dragon is my favorite nickname and creature, so I use Ryu as name for any of my ships that I build.

It took me a while to tweak and adjust each rotors for huge claws that is designed to grab on any ships from small to huge ships. Here is screenshots:

Ryu Destroyer II

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After accomplishing developing big "Claw" system for Ryu Destroyer, I developed Ryu Destroyer Mk I with grinder attached to it.

Ryu Destroyer IIA-G

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(Note: I carefuly aligned all Claw's fingers with grinders, so they won't damage each other, even when grinder is running.)

This is second version of Ryu Destroyer with different configured grinders attached to it.

Ryu Destroyer IIB-G

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is screenshot of my Ryu Destroyer IIA-G ripping Red Ship:

(Note: I still need to tweak the torque power, since I maxed out all rotor's torque by default. But I still want to show you how successful it is with concept of "CLAW" method. Even though Ryu Destroyer damaged or destroy some of Claw's fingers due to having too much torque power when grabbing on red ship, I will keep tweaking torque power.)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After second bites using Ryu Destroyer IIA-G's Claws, here is the result:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is links to my workshops:

Ryu Destroyer II - (Template version of ship for anyone who want to test it and add/modify anything to this ship.)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=373165747

Ryu Destroyer IIA-G

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=373165945

Ryu Destroyer IIB-G

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=373166432

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In case, if any of you wonder why I uplaod these ship even though they are not entirely completed? It is because I want to share my creation with the community so these ships can be used, tested, get re-build, modiifed or added with any parts by this community for whatever their purposes is with this ship. And please don't forget to give me credits for building this ship.

To any of you who loved my ship - Thank you and if you have any feedback about improving this ship further, please comment them here or in my workstation.

To any of you who hated my ship - Well no one is perfect nor is my ship. There will always be room for improving my ship, so feedback is appreciated and I still thank you for at least, trying my ship.

UPDATE (02/02/2015):
    I managed to overhaul my Ryu Destroyer II into Ryu Destroyer III with welder so Claw's fingers can be repaired if needed after grabbing and destroying any ships. I also turned it into modular with merge blocks with small cargo box, so anyone can attach it to their ships and add anything to it. I plan on expanding this into completed ship with different versions.

Here is screenshot:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Link to Steam workshop:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=386163560

By the way, I plan on improving and expanding these ship further. Whenever I am ready to release new version of these ship, I will update this thread.
    :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2015
  2. picklerok

picklerok Junior Engineer

It's a good start. If you can keep the claw from getting blasted to bits, this could be devastating.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2015
  3. Ryu116

Ryu116 Trainee Engineer

Updated with Ryu Destroyer III with screenshots and steam workshop link provided.

:comp:

4. mze9412

mze9412 Junior Engineer

Basically all screenshots show as broken links for me :\

5. Ryu116

Ryu116 Trainee Engineer

Can you try refreshing? All photo I posted here are hosted using postimage.org website. Are you able to have an access to postimage.org?

6. mze9412

mze9412 Junior Engineer

I tried, also does not work from the office at work :\

7. Ryu116

Ryu116 Trainee Engineer

Ah! That explains why, it look like it is very likely that your office work blocks any pictures from postimage.org website. Have you tried viewing pictures from your home computer?

8. mze9412

mze9412 Junior Engineer

It does not work on my mobile, at work and at home ;) And I know that nothing here is blocked at work, basically everything is accessible and I can use postimage.org ^^

9. Ryu116

Ryu116 Trainee Engineer

That is very strange because I am able to access to image and postimage.org from my home computer, mobile, and work. I have no idea why it doesn't work for you. I really wish that you are able to see pictures. I have an idea for you, can you go to my steam workshop links I posted and see if you can see pictures there?

If you ever tried my ships for any reasons, please give me feedback so I can improve them further. Or if you decide to use my Claw features and expand it, I'd love to see and try it!

I am currently working on Ryu Destroyer III and completing it into completed version with different varies of equipment attached to Claw. As soon I completed it, I will post steam workshop links here.

10. Neotician

Neotician Apprentice Engineer

Have you considered using pistons to provide the "biting" force? They pack a bit more "oompf"
    I made a ship with jaws a while back, it may serve as inspiration :)
    (skip to 1 minute in)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2015
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.