1. The forum will be closing soon permanently. Please read the announcement here

Note: User registration has been closed. We do not accept any new accounts.

My new survival setup (Singleplayer)

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by Neotician, Feb 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Neotician

Neotician Apprentice Engineer

I've not played a lot of space engineers lately, so i decided to start up a new survival game.
    Basically, i took the stock spawn ship and modified it as i went, started by re-arranging the interior and shortening the ship, then manually mined to get a large drill on it.
    From there, i expanded with more drills, refineries and eventually assemblers.
    Lastly, i've added a large cargo container and a small landing pad, so i can go for cargo ships without risking my "base".
    Here it is :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2015
  2. Neotician

*update*
    Added a retractable grinder arm, another refinery, another large cargo container, more thrusters and a few more solar panels.

3. mhalpern

mhalpern Senior Engineer

well it is efficient to have a base, once you get to a certain point, because eventually your ship will get big enough that moving it around all the time, stopping to mine at one asteroid and moving on, constantly uses a ton of energy, and it will be faster to go to a set of asteroids, mine, and then move on to the next. after a certain point moving everything becomes inefficient, and at least with asteroid bases, you can use the rock to save on structural costs.

4. Neotician

Yeah, i thought of the ship size after making the video, but decided to leave it in.
    I think i may simply end up with having a detachable mining ship though, since i will eventually clear out roids in close vicinity of the base and will have to travel further and further to get ore.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.