1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Update 01.074 – Oxygen!

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by George.Mamakos, Mar 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Shabazza

Shabazza Junior Engineer

Well, it does. From my rough numbers, a single air vent supplied with constant amount of oxygen can support round about 30 hyperventilating space engineers in a room.
    But I've not tested if this is implemented in multi player or if each player is considered separately.
    But wouldn'd make much sense then.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2015
  2. Jan5366x

Jan5366x Trainee Engineer

love oxygen update, but pls make the spacesuite don't use energy if you have no helmet on!

3. deathdragonaw

deathdragonaw Trainee Engineer

Thanks man! I was so blind... thought the server files had a workaround or something and was wondering 'bout the error :D

And if you don't use your suit thrusters, so only when walking with grav

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2015
  4. ProtoDJ69

ProtoDJ69 Trainee Engineer

Awesome update keen!

I think next patch should have the ability to change the autosave intervals because 5 minutes is too often and breaks immersion imo
    This resulted in me losing about 5 hours worth of work when my dad tripped the electricity in the house and i didnt have the autosave on
    I know this was my fault for not remembering to save frequently but it would be a great quality of life update

5. Bumber

Bumber Senior Engineer

There's probably air conditioning and water recycling happening as well. It should still use some, but you won't die so soon after running out. Like after a day or so to deplete your water reserves, assuming the ship's air is temperature controlled.

I kind of wish gravity generators or antennae could transfer a small amount of wireless power. Maybe even walking could generate power, but not until food gets added for balance.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015
  6. Lexstock

Lexstock Trainee Engineer

Love the update, but the game could use some optimizing though. My large ships are laggy as hell, and I have a decent rig tbh.

7. makromoo

makromoo Trainee Engineer

Keen, a ninja update just now. What does it do :sneaky:...

8. Mr_Bean

Mr_Bean Apprentice Engineer

Hotfix update on a Monday..I wonder what the fixes were...no notes yet :|

9. Mr_Bean

Mr_Bean Apprentice Engineer

This is already able to be done, while its not a setting thats available to game settings in SE, you can change it by going to folder where your world is saved and edit the world settings directly in the sandbox.sbc

10. MrSparkles

MrSparkles Trainee Engineer

A downgrade option would be awesome, please let it happen.

11. rottielover

rottielover Apprentice Engineer

01.074.011 ?

What's the diff between 01.074.010 and 01.074.011 ?

Thanks

12. Baconfist

Baconfist Apprentice Engineer

bump

13. LHammonds

LHammonds Apprentice Engineer

14. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Trainee Engineer

Yes could we have change log for 01.074.011 please. :)

15. DJDemyan

DJDemyan Trainee Engineer

I concur. Where's the changelog?

16. MiChAeLoKGB

MiChAeLoKGB Junior Engineer

From what I've been told, those are changes only for modders, no actual changes in game for normal players :)

17. Knsgf

Knsgf Junior Engineer

This is what I've found:
    * Folder structure in DedicatedServer.zip has been corrected,
    * Missing model FBX files have been added to MOD SDK.

18. taikodragon

taikodragon Trainee Engineer

Any idea if they fixed the DirectX memory corruption?

19. Kaelum

Kaelum Trainee Engineer

While I believe that fire should definitely be a thing, (and water, when planets arrive) using the code behind oxygen probably isn't the right idea. If you are thinking that oxygen is working like oxygen in real life, it isn't. All it is doing is making sealed areas connected to a working oxygen source breathable, and possibly taking a certain amount based on the size of the area.

To make it simple, this is not any sort of REAL atmospherics simulation, just a much easier method replicating it. Water and fire will have to be done differently, though fire may be dependant on oxygen.

20. Kaelum

Kaelum Trainee Engineer

Look up explosive decompression.

21. ScottMajor

ScottMajor Apprentice Engineer

I saw a small patch was done today maybe? I havent checked uit out but I hope the sound and stuff was fixed...

22. MiChAeLoKGB

MiChAeLoKGB Junior Engineer

If you even tried to read couple posts above, you would know what was that patch about :)

23. Kaelum

Kaelum Trainee Engineer

While some KeenSWH blocks might be set differently, for mods it probably uses the collision model or mounting points. A few blocks/block types might have been set by keen to work differently. If your stuff is deep enough inside the asteroid, you can just dig holes for blocks and build walls past the asteroid wall, sealing the room. You just keep the exposed walls and build your own behind them to seal everything. If the new walls stick out, convert the world to creative and use voxel hands to coat them in rock.

24. Kaelum

Kaelum Trainee Engineer

Don't mind me, just replying to random people.

25. heavyplastic

heavyplastic Trainee Engineer

Thanks for this monday "surprise" update KEEN, now I can't play on the server anymore since the updates are forced on the users by steam.

Would be appreciated if there was an option to revert back to an older version!

26. jpm4123

jpm4123 Trainee Engineer

will there still be planets?

27. MOBlilnickey

MOBlilnickey Trainee Engineer

Does the version number really need to change by you guys adding files? if you were to assign the same number to the update technically the version number does not have to change.

28. Lazermaniac

Lazermaniac Trainee Engineer

Yeah, I'm just getting a straight up disk read error trying to update SE. It might be a steam issue, but it's never happened to me before and all other games work fine.

29. joemorin73

joemorin73 Junior Engineer

Any reason for this update? No changelog.

30. Thedevistator

Thedevistator Senior Engineer

If you restart your computer it usally works, and yes it's a steam error to my knowledge.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.