1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Darth Biomech's (rarely updating (not so rarely after all)) modeling thread

Discussion in 'Released and WIP Mods' started by darth_biomech, Jan 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. darth_biomech

darth_biomech Senior Engineer

Yep, I'm afraid to do anything until they will be copied, don't know how long this HDD will work under a recovery tool. I currently don't have even videocard driver installed X)

2. Clunas

Clunas Junior Engineer

Ouch. Had that happen a few months ago too. Good luck!

3. AblativeSuit81

AblativeSuit81 Trainee Engineer

Ouch, I do tech support as an internship, drives go wrong all the time. I know the feeling of annoyance that it gives when you have to go through and recover files

4. darth_biomech

5. Lazalatin

Lazalatin Trainee Engineer

Hi there, I just wanted to step by and say thank you for all your precious work!
    I'm currently waiting curiously for the release of dx11 compatibility for your "Station Walls" mod (which is in queue, I know^^)
    I wanted to ask if you have made up a new way to fetch some donations? I would gladly support you for your work!
    Greetz from Germany!
    Lazalatin

6. Manchou

Manchou Apprentice Engineer

Great work! I love it!

7. darth_biomech

Doing conversion of station walls to dx11, and decided to pump up the texture too, using assets from awesome Philip Klevestav. What do you guys think? Which var. of colorableness pattern looks better?)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Aracus

Aracus Senior Engineer

I'd go for the middle option

9. Darkthought

Darkthought Apprentice Engineer

Middle. Glad to see you alive! Your Hyperdrive is smexy. I can't wait to see what else you have planned.

10. darth_biomech

middle it is then)

11. Darkthought

Darkthought Apprentice Engineer

BTW, I think it was Sektan, but someone manages to somehow get solid blocks to act like an interior light. Any chance we could get that on the little fluorescent light that appears under the handrail?

12. Eikester

Eikester Apprentice Engineer

Why not all 3? Could be Build Stages or 3 seperate Blocks

13. Mix-martes86

Mix-martes86 Senior Engineer

I prefer the first or something similar. Works better for setting "department corridors", direction signals, and things like that, see pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  14. Chezzprinn

Chezzprinn Trainee Engineer

Hey, mate. I was wondering whether you're working on the DX11 update for the mass driver still?

15. darth_biomech

Mass driver is kinda in limbo, since programmer that agreed to help me with code stopped reacting to my messages, despite being online, so it seems that I'm alone with this... Again.

Have this stupid thought that MD just do not want to live.

16. Gillgamesh

Gillgamesh Apprentice Engineer

No no nooo! :eek:

It must live, the Carcharodon must live. and though THIS is a dead thread, it must also LIVE!!
    /Rant off.

The mod has everything so manypeople have been asking for. And your mods fit the SE universe so well, you have to continue it :)

17. darth_biomech

Well, maybe third is a charmer...Previous coding work stalled because we waited for appropriate functions being enabled in API (and waited, and waited, and waited, ant then the programmer leaves or stop responding), but now we can do pull request to make it faster... So, I need programmer once more.

• Like Like x 2
  18. galacticon

galacticon Apprentice Engineer

Was it a keen programmer?

19. Mirolog_

Mirolog_ Trainee Engineer

I have a problem with laser turrets:

-I have a bunch of turrets on my ship, idle movemen is ON
    -I put them to their max range - 2500m
    -When enemy comes into their range (I was testing with cargoships), turrets turn idle movement to OFF (so their facing in random directions) and start firing.
    -I can't enable idle movemen again, and turrets just stuck facing random directions. They will fire if there is enemy in range, but they wont actually aim.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  20. darth_biomech

Do this happens with only my turrets?

21. Mirolog_

Mirolog_ Trainee Engineer

Just tested it with another turret (range >800m) and it seems that it works fine.

Edit: but they don't shoot if target is further than 800m, however they don't bug out like laser turret.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  22. darth_biomech

Strange... Will check out. But I am unsure why my mod causing this, since it is still basically reskin of a Gatling turret and should work like any other similar mod.

23. Braxbro

Braxbro Junior Engineer

It may be that the turrets are pushed beyond 800m. Try pulling the range back.

24. Kane

Kane Junior Engineer

Hello Darth. I want to thank you on all your hard work you have done so far and I pretty much every server I ever ran almost half the mods been yours.

Today I wanted to make a suggestion not a request that you consider adjusting the Deep Space Transceiver. The reason is because you now have Hyper Drive mod I think that goes 500k out and look at this it's also 500k out but I feel like with your other laser antenna mod that this one is slightly too expensive for the distance. I would suggest increasing it to 1000k to 2000k. It's only a suggestion but we found most people don't really find a use for it anymore because of the distance factor.

Thanks for your time and have a wonderful day!

25. darth_biomech

Because it consumes too much power, or because it is too shortsigned?

26. Kane

Kane Junior Engineer

From your other smaller one that already goes 220 I think I would say it's for sure too short.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=404568464

27. Kane

Kane Junior Engineer

28. darth_biomech

I tweaked values in both mods, would you check if it is more usable now?)

29. darth_biomech

[​IMG]

I remember saying that I never do a cockpit again, because it is too much effort... Guess I was wrong)

Can't now decide, cut additional window in the top part, or without it is better.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  30. Error_404

Error_404 Trainee Engineer

I am liking the look of the additional window on top.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.