1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Crashing after Update 1.096

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Lambert514, Aug 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. GlassyAndroid

GlassyAndroid Trainee Engineer

Same problem when i use a hand grinder.

2. pala_

pala_ Trainee Engineer

Also getting the issue after update, attempting to grind pretty much anything. Sometimes it will work, sometimes it won't. Completely unplayable.

2015-08-21 13:09:29.255 - Thread: 1 -> Exception occured: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at Sandbox.Game.Entities.Character.MyCharacterRaycastDetectorComponent.DoDetection(Boolean useHead)
    at Sandbox.Game.Entities.Character.MyCharacter.UpdateAfterSimulation10()
    at Sandbox.Game.Entities.MyEntities.UpdateAfterSimulation()
    at Sandbox.Game.World.MySector.UpdateAfterSimulation()
    at Sandbox.Game.World.MySession.UpdateComponents()
    at Sandbox.Game.World.MySession.Update(MyTimeSpan updateTime)
    at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.Update()
    at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.UpdateInternal()
    at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.FixedRenderLoop.<>c__DisplayClass2.<Run>b__1()
    at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.GenericRenderLoop.Run(VoidAction tickCallback)
    at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.Run(Boolean customRenderLoop, Action disposeSplashScreen)
    at SpaceEngineers.MyProgram.RunInternal(String[] args)
    at SpaceEngineers.MyProgram.Main(String[] args)

3. Caustic

Caustic Trainee Engineer

Just wanted to add my voice to this. Also crashing to desktop when using a grinder on a ship. It crashes the moment the grinder makes contact with another ship. Below is the error:

Code:
    2015-08-21 00:06:25.310 - Thread:  1 ->  MyGuiScreenBase.UnloadContent - START
    2015-08-21 00:06:25.311 - Thread:  1 ->  MyGuiScreenBase.UnloadContent - END
    2015-08-21 00:06:37.816 - Thread:  1 ->  Exception occured: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      at Sandbox.Game.Entities.MyEntity3DSoundEmitter.get_SourcePosition()
      at VRage.Audio.MyXAudio2.Update3DCuePosition(IMy3DSoundEmitter source)
      at VRage.Audio.MyXAudio2.Update3DCuesState(Boolean updatePosition)
      at VRage.Audio.MyXAudio2.Update(Int32 stepSizeInMS, Vector3 listenerPosition, Vector3 listenerUp, Vector3 listenerFront)
      at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.Update()
      at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.FixedRenderLoop.Run(VoidAction tickCallback)
      at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.Run(Boolean customRenderLoop, Action disposeSplashScreen)
    2015-08-21 00:06:37.817 - Thread:  1 ->  Hiding window
    2015-08-21 00:06:38.360 - Thread:  1 ->  Hiding window done
    2015-08-21 00:06:38.360 - Thread:  1 ->  Showing message

4. Corsorvin

Corsorvin Trainee Engineer

I too crash, but its usually only when I pick up ore using my character manually without a mining ship. I'm using a nvidia gtx 860m graphics card, 64-bit.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  5. ashein

ashein Apprentice Engineer

Proximity to meteor shower in MP causes audio-related client crash. The server doesn't die, though, and lives to crash other victims.

6. PrvtBob-shieldsbobrose1

PrvtBob-shieldsbobrose1 Trainee Engineer

I can't lode a save game with mods in it and crash. But I can lode a new game with no mods and tried to grinded (hand) didn't try ship) and it crash??? Will have to wait and wait, wait.

7. PrvtBob-shieldsbobrose1

PrvtBob-shieldsbobrose1 Trainee Engineer

I can't lode a save game with mods in it and crash. But I can lode a new game with no mods and tried to grinded (hand) didn't try ship) and it crash??? Will have to wait and wait, wait.

8. dustnbone

dustnbone Trainee Engineer

Was getting grinding crashes post update as well, but about an hour into a new vanilla survival world and grinding, welding and mining seem to work fine.

9. Phand

Phand Master Engineer

Hi,

reproduced. We are working on it. Thank you for report.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Visentinel

Visentinel Junior Engineer

hope the hotfix takes care of this or its gonna be a quiet week :woot:

11. ac19189

ac19189 Apprentice Engineer

I know right... I been hoping a hotfix would be out today this bug more or less makes the game unplayable which sucks so I hope it isnt ignored for a week. I can live with most bugs but something that makes gameplay totally impossible at least survival anyway.

12. Phand

Phand Master Engineer

No, it will be fixed today. This is real gamebreaker.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sergeant Snuggles

Sergeant Snuggles Junior Engineer

Our hero!
    Ironically this is the first ever and I do mean EVER time that the game has crashed for me. You should have seen the tears in my eyes last night as my innocence was stripped away like a teddybear from a baby.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ac19189

So glad to hear that. This is the first time I have ever had SE unplayable which is ironic. Most of the bugs people complain about I never even notice. I can honestly say that I was sad this morning when I found out SE would be unplayable :woot:! A friend and I have been clocking around 150 hours a week playing SE for the last few weeks so to bring out survival fueled craze to an end because of a bug made me sad :woot:! I will be sitting next to my computer waiting for the patch. :) Thanks for being so on top of it really glad I got this game its been nothing but a joy from day one with well over 1000 hours clocked total between all my steam accounts. :) Keep up the great work.

I can say the same and I had to laugh because I was the same way when I found out I couldnt play SE today. :p

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sergeant Snuggles

I ended up hardcore playing Pillars of Eternity for a couple of hours instead while I actively avoided the forums in case there was hatred and negativity everywhere.....god I love being surprised! :)

I initially thought it was the mods I was using (not many but still) and thought oh yeah its been updated I wonder if the mods are not compatible or something anymore and then my actual brain kicked in and I fired up the other game =P

16. RubenGass

RubenGass Trainee Engineer

Happens well grinding down modded blocks

17. ac19189

I personally only use one mod myself and its for survival allows you to scan the area for the abandon ships and bases seeing as they are so hard to find :woot:

18. Sergeant Snuggles

I have a feeling I have that very same mod. I use a few just for aesthetics but even then were talking 15 max. my world is being designed as the universe going forward for when I get a DS. Was hoping planets would not mean force new world creation but it probably will so for now just designing all the infrastructure to be copied over :D Mods make for prettier sights at the minute.

19. wildjwildj

wildjwildj Trainee Engineer

Exception occured: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at Sandbox.Game.Entities.MyEntity.get_LocationForHudMarker()
    at Sandbox.Game.Gui.MyGuiScreenHudSpace.DrawHackingMarkers(MyHudHackingMarkers hackingMarkers)
    at Sandbox.Game.Gui.MyGuiScreenHudSpace.Draw()
    at Sandbox.Graphics.GUI.MyScreenManager.Draw()
    at Sandbox.Graphics.GUI.MyDX9Gui.Draw()
    at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.PrepareForDraw()
    at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.FixedRenderLoop.Run(VoidAction tickCallback)

For me, it crashes when attempting to pick up an object or grinding down a certain blocks.

Doesn't happen for the first few minutes of loading the world, hopefully this will be a hotfix and we won't have to wait until next thursday

20. GrynnReaper

GrynnReaper Trainee Engineer

i have 100 + mods and game almost never crashes, try that with fallout nv i dare you lol.

• Like Like x 3
  21. Lambert514

Lambert514 Trainee Engineer

I will try this to see if it fixes anything. Even when I'm solo playing it seamed to crash, but took much longer to crash.

22. Caustic

Caustic Trainee Engineer

You guys are awesome.

23. Sergeant Snuggles

I've got this great image in my mind of Keen right now at this very moment panicking and throwing monitors at each other trying to solve the bug :D I hope its not proving that difficult for them but seriously, Keen we need little stories of your more complicated victories! Would love to hear how the devs had a massive bust up over which feature was going to be implemented next and they brought it down to an arm wrestle or something daft to resolve the conflict between themselves =P

• Like Like x 1
  24. Cassey

Cassey Apprentice Engineer

Please post on this thread when its fixed. That way we will all be notified and restart our Steam instances.

25. iN5URG3NT

iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

26. Bruce LeedleLeedleLeedleLee

Bruce LeedleLeedleLeedleLee Junior Engineer

I have persistent CTDs when i try to load workshop maps

27. Sergeant Snuggles

Yeah this isnt fixed for me I am afraid, its a lot better but I have just had another CTD simply when I right clicked a block to remove in creative mode on a small ship. It would have split into 2 small ships but alas it simply crashed instead :( back to pillars of eternity I guess :D

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.