1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Über-hype

Discussion in 'General' started by Mix-martes86, Oct 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Ceetec

Ceetec Trainee Engineer

just for some more fuel for the hype train, there is a sound file listed on the steam db site for "Food level low" :p

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sarekh

Sarekh Senior Engineer

I seem to remember that ores shall always be located deeper into the planet (that would be an awssome thing, in my opinion at least) - but I dunno where that came from.

• Like Like x 2
  3. STK2008

STK2008 Trainee Engineer

Yeah I like the idea of having to mine deep into the earth to get the ores out :)

4. DDP-158

DDP-158 Master Engineer

I take it it neither of you saw the screenshot of gold mountain?

Oh and it's monday which means nothing happened this weekend. Rage, rage, rage! Rant, rant,rant!
    Oh sorry, forgot I got off the train.

• Like Like x 2
  5. DarkGhost

DarkGhost Junior Engineer

Ticket to come back on it costs $0.00, my good sir. Don't forget to validate it to your nearest moderator.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Mix-martes86

Mix-martes86 Senior Engineer

Nice, now our lovely mods want us to drown in hype too. This is not a fair battle. :D

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  7. j0sh1ng

j0sh1ng Apprentice Engineer

Pretty much. All of Keen and their minions have embarked on a ceaseless mission to instill hype in even the most stubborn of our players! :eek:

• Like Like x 2
  8. PsicoPato

PsicoPato Senior Engineer

Sh*** i almost had a heart attack!

9. David184

David184 Apprentice Engineer

they reuploaded the moon scene without text and such. also twitter happened

• Like Like x 3
  10. Commander Rotal

Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Are they still waltzing in space... when they're on a moon? Isn't that like calling a planetary base a Space Station?

Looking at you, Farpoint Station. Seriously. Wtf. That's false advertising.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DDP-158

DDP-158 Master Engineer

Then we shall call it the ..... Moon..... Walk

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ceetec

Ceetec Trainee Engineer

the files that are listed in this link, https://steamdb.info/depot/244851/ helium3, helium4 and potasium? they show under "voxels"
    is this old stuff or new that are being implemented in next update?

• Like Like x 1
  13. plaYer2k

plaYer2k Master Engineer

Rather old if i remember correctly. But they may be used or updated now.

14. STK2008

STK2008 Trainee Engineer

All this teasing needs to stop :p LOL.

15. Mix-martes86

Mix-martes86 Senior Engineer

For a moment there, I thought we got a new teaser. Such torture...

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sarekh

Sarekh Senior Engineer

True - Helium was used in Miner wars and has been there for a long time.

17. BardTale

BardTale Apprentice Engineer

18. Spets

Spets Master Engineer

planets should have a rare ore/resources, or stuff that are not present in asteroids and vice versa? what you people think about this, is there any discussion about this yet?

19. j0sh1ng

j0sh1ng Apprentice Engineer

Consider yourself lucky. I have my tablet set to notify me when Space Engineers releases a new video, and I only got PART of the title: Space Engineers - Planets...

Needless to say, I quite nearly peed my pants before opening the video and screaming, "KEEEEEEEEEN." 10/10 would be epicly trolled again.

• Like Like x 4
  20. DDP-158

DDP-158 Master Engineer

I still don't understand this need or a 'rare' resource in a procedurally generated world. It's like diamonds in mc; once you figure out what level they're on you get more than you ever need. SE and it's size will multiply that 1000 fold at least. When this was brought up for asteroids I calculated that even at .00000003 rarity you would still end up with over 1 million units of the stuff. And now we want to put it on a even bigger object.
    Just like all things in the world, within time we will be swimming in the rare stuff just like everything else, and it will no longer be rare. My throne room had a diamond throne, with a diamond walkway going up to it. I had diamond everything in gear, and spare diamonds in chests.

21. Crusoe

Crusoe Trainee Engineer

Not necessarily, just bigger deposits so we can really get the production rolling.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  22. Spets

Spets Master Engineer

I dont know, something to make the player the need to explore, find other planets, and not to stay all the time in one asteroid or planet because everything you need is there

Im gonna build something like this on a planet

• Like Like x 1
  23. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin

Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

Eh. I think planets already have enough benefits to make it worth a player's time to go to them. I don't see a point to forcing folks to go to planets.

• Like Like x 2
  24. DDP-158

DDP-158 Master Engineer

The player shouldn't need to explore, the pilot should want to explore. If they want to call a planet home they shouldn't be forced to have to spend time flying to other worlds just to get one thing. Likewise, if they want to see how each planet looks, then they'll build a ship and go there. That's the power of sandbox gaming.

• Like Like x 8
  25. Ash87

Ash87 Senior Engineer

I'd be shocked if we didn't get a "Start with Planet" mode under survival once Planets drop.

• Like Like x 2
  26. PsicoPato

PsicoPato Senior Engineer

Agreed.

27. Crusoe

Crusoe Trainee Engineer

Exploration should mostly come out of curiosity and convenience.
    Exploring out of curiosity isnt really a thing, for me at least, for the moment since asteroids still look strangely similar to another.
    Grocery shopping ores between asteroids can already be a time consuming thing when you still need to find them, If you put the neccesary different "hardtoobtainiums" between thousands of kilometres on different planets it would be a gigantic time and patience waster. Plus the idea that I'd have to travel thousands of kilometres just to get the 2.0 kg "wishiminedmoreofitonium" does not sound very appealing to me.

Planets on their own have a lot of potential since you can always explore to find new sights and provide new engineering challenges and oppertunities for vehicles.
    Also you can explore different planets to search for suitable enviroments for bases, factories, mining operations, etc. Like you could always look for what you'll find more preferable in terms of: terrain, gravity, enviromental hazards and density of materials. For example: Planets without atmosphere should have more effective solar panels, whilst planets with atmosphere provide less enviromental hazards like meteors and the availability of oxygen.

28. DDP-158

DDP-158 Master Engineer

I have to agree on the asteroids. I miss the ones of old that had caves in them and whatnot. That always made me explore. The new ones I only explore for the minerals now.

29. beelzerob

beelzerob Apprentice Engineer

I predict that planets will come this week...but to MEDIEVAL Engineers.:D

30. Klaern

Klaern Apprentice Engineer

At .00000003 rarity, the distance you'd have to go to find it all though...

Rarity != scarcity. Rare just means you'll encounter it less often vs. other ores.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.