1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

offline dedicated server

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Doodels, Oct 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Doodels

Doodels Trainee Engineer

Are there any ways to host a dedicated server offline locally (i still want to connect to it with LAN)
    i get failed to connect to server in the server console (i am assuming this is the steam master server)

2. BlueVKWolf

BlueVKWolf Trainee Engineer

You can set a list of allowed persons a "whitelist" by using the Steam Group ID section of the Dedicated server to keep everyone off and then just disconnect from the internet (If you need to go that far)
    You should probably also have a steam group!

I am sure you need a steam connection. I could be wrong, and hope I am.

Screenshot and example steam groupID
    https://prntscr.com/8ow3oh

3. DarkGhost

DarkGhost Junior Engineer

The Steam GroupIP "whitelisting" is more than effective. Needs an internet connection though.

4. dustnbone

dustnbone Trainee Engineer

Check under the LAN tab, you should be able to reach it from there. If you try to connect from the main list, it will want to connect through your public IP address which would require you to forward ports through the NAT on your router. The LAN tab seems to connect by local IP. It seems that the server will still require a steam connection to start up, but all the traffic will happen on your LAN.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.