1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Update 1.104 Hype Train! (Speculation Thread)

Discussion in 'General' started by TehGM, Oct 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. PsicoPato

PsicoPato Senior Engineer

They are probably limiting things so they can make the teasers. Like puting no foliage and stuff like that. They show really almost nothing with those teaser.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Klaern

Klaern Apprentice Engineer

I hope not... they're hyping it too much to make everyone wait until Christmas. It'll hurt the community if it goes that long. I'm thinking they've gotta drop it by the end of the month at this hype level or people will get sour.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Klaern

I believe this to be true. I really think it's ready enough to give us (early access afterall). I just think they want to release on an anniversary date (which exact date they're going to call 2 years is up in the air but it's either 1.104 or 1.105) and they're also using this time to fix pending bugs.

4. Ceztu

Ceztu Apprentice Engineer

I really hope we will NOT get another teaser for the sake of Keen.

I mean, just look at the patchnotes. Look back a few patches and read each one up to now. Just focus on the language people use. The tone. People are starting to get angry, and that's not good for Keen.
    Plus, if they build up and unrealistic image of what planets will be like and than fail to meet the expectations, people WILL lose it. Just you watch.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Klaern

that's the important part. Planets are going to have to come up playable, or people will get mad. I think they'll all get over it if playability happens within the first week or maybe two after release, but if they wait too long and it comes out super super buggy, people are going to be angry...

Personally, I understand what early access means, and I don't buy into hype too much (not that I'm not excited, or waiting for planets to start new builds like everyone else). I also fully expect planets to be a buggy experience for a while.

Honestly, I have a greater itch for netcode than planets (though I really want both). It's just not really terribly playable with friends as-is.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Valan

Valan Trainee Engineer

If they don't set up right for planets you get the following.

1) Some people's machines will implode without the performance fixes.
    2) More bugs on top of bugs, where is your stable point to work from, it is like building a house on mud.
    3) Loss of customer base because the game is unplayable.
    4) Bad press before the game even launches because people still don't get SE isn't released.
    5) People still don't get this game hasn't been released.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Klaern

All true, but after 4+ weeks of them hyping planets, they need to also actually be really close and drop planets this month. The extra hype is really dangerous. On the one hand, hype is good, people are excited, and that's great. But on the other hand, now everyone being super excited won't be as tolerant of major bugs that prevent the enjoyment of planets when they do arrive.

The community adds fuel to the hype too. Lots of folks seem to enjoy getting everyone else excited (I'm guilty of this myself). Too much hype, and under delivering is dooming.

I just hope planets hit next week and are really playable without too many huge bugs. And I hope we get new netcode at the same time as well. That'd smooth things over right quick.

8. TheDuke540

TheDuke540 Apprentice Engineer

1. You gotta pay to play
    2. Are you implying there are currently no bugs? Planets will no doubt be a large update, but that hasn't stopped previous large updates from releasing i.e. : infinite worlds, survival mode
    3. If people are willing to give up on a game because they don't get their way, well they don't understand the point of games. It's not like it's real life for christ's sake.
    4. So what if it isn't released yet? That hasn't stopped it from getting this far.
    5. Like I said, it doesn't matter if the game is released or not. That hasn't stopped other games from being totally bugged after release i.e. : Dead Island, Fallout: New Vegas, Skyrim, the list goes on...

9. Carl the BedWetter

Carl the BedWetter Trainee Engineer

The community is dying because of all this. Anyone who doesn't agree is just to stubborn to see it. I agree with, Klaern. I just wana play with my friends and have fun. I was hyped for planets, now I just want better netcode. I really could care less anymore about those damn planets.

P.S. I thought bug fixing was for beta and alpha was for features. At least that's what all the fanboyz told all the people who were crying a year ago...

• Like Like x 2
  10. Klaern

Well, it's obvious people are mad, they're already updating their reviews on steam...

I think it'll all blow over if planets are released in 1.104 or 1.105 though. Later than that and they're going to disappoint people too much and lose some. I fully expect planets by 1.105 though. Either next week or the week after is the 2 year anniversary (depending on which date they use). That's always been when we were getting planets.

And truthfully, if they know it's not next week, they should probably announce that it's not next week soon.

11. Hymirl

Hymirl Trainee Engineer

I love how wound up all the over excited whiney little kids get about planets. Keen didn't promise a timescale, so you'll get them when they're ready. That is how it is so there is no point getting upset over it.

Seriously get a grip and calm down.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Thedevistator

Thedevistator Senior Engineer

People were mad about the whole paid mod thing for SE, but they are almost completely forgot after it was removed. People really need to stop talking with there emotions.

13. DarkGhost

DarkGhost Junior Engineer

*their

There are still reviews laying around about that "Paid mod" period, though. And they're rated down, still.

14. Ash87

Ash87 Senior Engineer

Naah, the community will totally die this time...

This is NOTHING like the time they introduced thruster damage... or dedicated servers didn't come out fast enough... or there were no warp drives... or bugs weren't fixed fast enough... or tuesday...

• Like Like x 2
  15. Thedevistator

There are but those are just people who don't bother to remove reviews that are no longer relevant. The point I was trying to make out is people get over things easier than you think (well most of them). They even got over MW mostly besides a bit of permanent damage

The sarcasm is strong with this one.

16. Carl the BedWetter

Carl the BedWetter Trainee Engineer

Indeed. The internet is a cruel place. You can't make too many mistakes and get away with it, people won't let you forget nor do they forget. Like I've already stated, I'm done caring about planets. At this point I just want the game to work...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bobylein

Bobylein Apprentice Engineer

Because they are too busy playing around with planets :p

18. Klaern

It's more so the negative reviews on steam that could hurt the game. If enough people were upset and the game slipped to only mostly positive, that'd be bad. 2 years in early access is a lot... I could see how that plus bad reviews could impact things negatively.

The game is definitely not doomed, but hype + under delivering hasn't ever helped any game do well.

19. j0sh1ng

j0sh1ng Apprentice Engineer

Which would explain the multiple tweets from Marek saying "Planets are coming..... soon" :p:D

• Like Like x 1
  20. TheDuke540

To true, to true.

21. Bobylein

Bobylein Apprentice Engineer

Thing is, Marek should not have teased the people so much if they aren't finished with it, then they could take until december without too much complaining but if you tease people all the time they become impatient (myself included) and pissed because not everyone is a masochist :D

• Like Like x 1
  22. TheDuke540

I still have some old source code to play around with when I feel the burn for planets. That helps some.

23. Klaern

He wouldn't be teasing so much if they weren't basically done. It's totally being released on the 2 year anniversary (exact date to be determined).

24. Thedevistator

I think marek says soon because he hoped people have payed enough attention and realized his soon is 2 - 3 weeks. I guess he was wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  25. TheDuke540

You hit the nail on the head, my friend. He really shouldn't have announced it all and surprised us just like they did with infinite worlds.

26. TheDuke540

I swear to god I called it though:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  27. Thedevistator

He didn't surprised us he said coming soon 2 weeks before they were released.

28. Ash87

Ash87 Senior Engineer

I could absolutely see it to... if that is how things worked.

Look, the community has been going strong for 2 years. 2. All the nonsensical doom and gloom people have thrown out at it has turned out to be entirely useless. I have read, pretty much the exact same thing you are writing so many times at this point it's stopped being anything but hilarious. I mean I can't even remember the reasons anymore. I had to scrape the barrel a bit to remember those examples I included in my original post. Do you have Any idea, how many times people have gotten salty about something Keen has done at this point? I mean it's kind of what people do around here.

So no, I reject your reality and substitute Actual reality. Planets will release in a few weeks time (If not next week) and people can go back to being upset that the game doesn't have lasers yet... or Women character models... or whatever else folks decide to get their panties in a wad over. The game's score will remain about what it is now, and in 2 years time, we can all meet back up again, and you can tell me how, If Keen doesn't stop teasing the barbarian king expansion for medieval engineers, it'll ruin -that- game.

[​IMG]
    Good?

Good.​

• Like Like x 3
  29. Dreokor

Dreokor Senior Engineer

Planets.

PleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePlease.

• Like Like x 1
  30. j0sh1ng

j0sh1ng Apprentice Engineer

Sooooooooo muuuuuuuuuuuch hyyyyyyyyyyype

I think the train car I was in already crashed. I'm just gonna meditate for the next seven days, and if planets don't come out in 104...... well...... I'll cross that bridge if I come to it.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.