1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Have I Lost everything???

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by SidDark, Oct 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. SidDark

SidDark Trainee Engineer

Hi,

I have just logged onto a server I started on recently and on the re-spawn page I no longer see my medical room??
    the only option I have is to spawn in one of the re-spawn ships or jet pack, both of these options warn me that I will loose all ownership and spawn as a new player!!

have I lost everything?? - how could this have happened?

I have searched and looked though the first 10 or so pages (granted only at the titles) so sorry if this has been answered before.

2. Malware

Malware Master Engineer

Kinda sounds like your medbay may have run out of power... or been razed by other players, depending on what kind of server you play on. If so you will indeed need to "steal back" your stuff - if the server has permadeath activated, which it sounds like. I can't remember if you get that message regardless. But if no players have been stealing from you, the stuff isn't gone - you've just lost ownership of it.

The question, then, would be... can you find it? Did you keep a GPS coordinate of your stuff's location? If not, you may still be out of luck.

• Like Like x 2
  3. SidDark

SidDark Trainee Engineer

ahhh, I didn't keep the GPS and I travelled for about 10 minutes in a random direction when I joined.
    the power thing sounds likely..
    This was my first time on a server so that's a Noob Mistake I will not be making again!

Thanks for the reply.

4. Klaern

Klaern Apprentice Engineer

If it is a power thing, and you had solar panels... when the sun hits them again, the medbay could regain power. I'm not sure how that plays into respawning though... If you were to try again later, maybe your medbay would show up? But if you already respawned as a new player, it's too late.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DarkGhost

DarkGhost Junior Engineer

Such problems are server-specific. You should contact the server admin about that, as he probably could help you, eventually.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SidDark

SidDark Trainee Engineer

To be honest I had only recently started on the server so I had not progressed as far as solar panels. That's good to know though, something to consider when I get to that stage.

I took the opportunity to find a different server, but I've certainly learned lessons from all of this!

Thankyou all for your replies and suggestions.

7. Dragonspride

Dragonspride Apprentice Engineer

Hey man, just because you loose everything on one server doesn't mean you should just up and leave. Just build again, and build better. I have found that using creative to build and blueprinting over designs severely cuts away from the emotional impact of loosing everything in one go. Just a tip for ya. Have fun fellow engineer.

8. SidDark

SidDark Trainee Engineer

Dude, my reasons for moving to a new server were performance related, I didn't move earlier due to the progress I had made.

But thanks for your input..

9. Ronin1973

Ronin1973 Master Engineer

There are two flavors of server settings:

1. Die. You lose everything. Your GPS coordinates get erased. If you approach a turret you used to own it will fire on you.
    2. Die. You respawn and travel back to your base. I believe GPS coordinates are kept.

There are "cool down" times on respawn ships that are set by the admin. This is to prevent players from respawning over and over and collecting respawn ships as easy material. Each respawn ship is on a separate timer that resets each time that you spawn. They can be set from a few minutes to days and days.

10. xdownsetx

xdownsetx Trainee Engineer

Something I like to do is hide a medbay and reactor somewhere deep in the asteroid just in case someone does take mine out.

11. SidDark

SidDark Trainee Engineer

Pretty sure it was because I didn't top the power up before logging off, the people on the server were nice enough so I doubt it was because of destruction.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.