1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

[01.103.006] Fix the lights already

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by McG, Oct 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. McG

McG Apprentice Engineer

Okay so I start exploring multiplayer maps, found a fun one, but once I got to the point I could make a small miner the lights didn't work. Stupid me I leave the map not realizing it's just gonna spawn me in a new ship, but.... The point is: I wouldn't have left the map hoping to rejoin with the lights working if KEEN WOULD FIX THE LIGHTS TO WORK AFTER BEING BUILT IN THE FIRST PLACE. You have to be kidding me that making lights work when installed is some major event to fix. Please, just get rid of the laggy and often pixelated atmospheric starburst on each light and just make the lights work wnen we build them instead, just plain work. No more needing to log out not just for mining lag that hasn't been fixed but also because you just put a light on your ship or your station, it's not illumanting anything, and you have to restart the map just to have the lights on.... But wait we have to have planets first right? Then what? Scuba gear for the waters on the aqua planets? Then what? Dune Buggy wheels for the people who want those wheels for arid planets? What will be the next stall to keep from fixing the lights, and, while you're at it, making the Small Ship Large Thrusters stop exploding? I mean, I know it's a real kick in the ribs to the ego that the code is bugged with all these problems, but you think after a year of mining simulation speed slowdown that requires restarting the whole game after each time you mine can finally be fixed along with everything else mentioned here that's broke BEFORE we add planets that just add another million lines of code? Or is it just too much to ask Keen? No, you're right, it's too much to ask JUST REFUND US ALL OUR MONEY FOR THIS PRE-ALPHA RELEASE OF SPACE ENGINEERS THEN. Please fix the bugs, I've asked, I'fe begged, I've implored, Phand has verified, others have confirmed and verified too, yet, Keen wants to put in planets, while we leave over bugs they're thinking more content will make us forget... It won't. Please fix these bugs, please?

Sorry it's just getting to too many bugs to enjoy the game, too many workarounds. You think a month will really get fixed what took more than a year to accumulate into an almost unplayable game? Even 2 months might not be enough if anyone has their eye on the next new content and wanting to rush to that instead of focusing on fixing what's broken, failing to focus on the bug fixes that are significant, that are making the game unbearable to play. Anyone wants to tell me not to play, let me know when Keen is sending us our money back, until then I, and anyone else since every copy was purchased, has every right to try to get them to fix all this stuff that is just plain broken. I forgot to mention the "enable damage" click and unclick in graphics to get rid of the sound of a broken sensor or whatever in my left ear. Combined all these things are hurting the game and player base. Sure Keen can just decide we're not worth their time, but I am hoping some prodding will help them come to terms with Phand's reports being accurate and that the team needs to get these things fixed.

Honestly, after the so called "bug fix month" I shouldn't be able to list so many bugs that continue to exist after that month so easily.

• Like Like x 2
  2. b2soft

b2soft Trainee Engineer

Same thinks. I need reconnect to server to get lights working.

But every week there are only "MEGA EXTREME FPS IMPROVEMENTS", that cause FPS go down to sub-zero
    No planets, no lights, no normal oxy (THAT WAS NORMAL 3 weeks ago!). Nice work, Keen
    Stop do this stupid meanless updates. Just do fixes. Fixes, that all need.

P.s. Next time you can use Braches in Git repos. It's abnormal, that I have checkbox "Enable flora". Make planets and then merge branches, please.

3. Soulthule

Soulthule Apprentice Engineer

This is the standard fix some bugs introduce or brings some bugs back. It happens and will continue to happen. I don't know their quality process is regarding testing fixes and not (re)introducing, however focus on pointing them out with detail and hopefully we will get the best chance of having them correct. I have the same issue, place a light and no light source comes from the block. Log off and restart the client and the light source is there.

I would prefer fixes to continue over updates until planets roll. I don't really need to jump more accurately based on gravity %..

4. b2soft

b2soft Trainee Engineer

I no need planets. More important, that I have normal oxygen, normal lights, non-explosing thrusters

5. Kane

Kane Junior Engineer

It's not that I don't care about bugs causing bugs. But the guy who collects these bugs is amateur at best. He does a really bad job after watching past couple weeks on what to report and not to report.

6. Soulthule

Soulthule Apprentice Engineer

I just experienced exploding thrusters last night on a large ship 4 large thrusters and a 1/3rd of the ship gone. All I was doing was travelling no objects around

7. francogp

francogp Apprentice Engineer

welcome to the alpha development stages....
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. DarkGhost

DarkGhost Junior Engineer

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.