1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Xenomorphs

Discussion in 'General' started by usmc3891, Oct 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. usmc3891

usmc3891 Trainee Engineer

I'm wondering how long it will take a modder to reskin the sabrioids as xenomorphs. Having one stowaway on your ship after a planetary landing could be quite interesting lol. I hope you have your airducts sealed :p

• Like Like x 2
  2. Aracus

Aracus Senior Engineer

Currently building a ship with the jeffries tubes mod just because of this, extra piping and access hatches all over! :)
    (I just wish it had more pieces so I wouldn't have to lay down shook much extra piping to get around the limits of straight, elbow and T-pieces.)
    These two along with zombies are likely the top-3 Sabiroid mod candidates

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lleajy

Lleajy Trainee Engineer

Starship troopers' bugs make more sense. Aliens are not able to colonize planets without 3rd party.

4. Aracus

Aracus Senior Engineer

Whose to say they haven't snuck around on cargo ships and propagated? Or alien queens randomly expelled through airlocks ;)

Or just, you know, been seeded by the Yautja :p

• Like Like x 2
  5. usmc3891

usmc3891 Trainee Engineer

I agree that bugs would make more sense but there has to be an explanation for all of those empty cargo ships ;-)

Aracus, many boxers would have to be changed if you saw 3 red dots start tracking you lol

6. Mix-martes86

Mix-martes86 Senior Engineer

I don't know about reskinnings, but I've been trying to import stuff into the game, without much success yet. I found like one guide, and that was only to know the names of the rig points.

7. VonKlutch

VonKlutch Trainee Engineer

There could easily be the xeno's if say ships would crash land into planets.

Nothing saying you cant come across a wrecked ship on the surface of the planet, and then the xeno's move out from there. assuming there's going to be a couple sources of life on a planet.

8. Napoleocool

Napoleocool Trainee Engineer

Knowing Keen, they will most likely make the aliens modable.

9. Nacon

Nacon Junior Engineer

Yeah, I've been working on my own creature in photoshop, will post here later-soon.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Me 10 Jin

Me 10 Jin Apprentice Engineer

Zombies? Eeew, hell naw. Now the flying critters from Pitch Black would make some interesting nighttime action.

11. Nacon

Nacon Junior Engineer

Just finished it tonight, here ya go!
    [​IMG]
    Created an alien creature based on a shrimp. That's right... a shrimp. Wanted to make something little more realism with many characteristic designs from common "malacostraca" family species for Space Engineers. The full length from the tip of its tail to the front beaks should be around 280cm or about 9 foot long.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
    • Like Like x 5
  12. Stiletto

Stiletto Apprentice Engineer

Oh noes! Shrimp of dooooom!

Wait... it will be a delicacy amongst Spess Engineers!

We'll just BBQ their babies. :p

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. vymasteny_pankac

vymasteny_pankac Apprentice Engineer

head/chep looks like inspired by the movie tremors (graboid/shrieker) :)

14. PsicoPato

PsicoPato Senior Engineer

it looks awesome!

15. Killacyte

Killacyte Senior Engineer

eeeeuugh!

16. DDP-158

DDP-158 Master Engineer

Don't discount shrimp too quickly. They're highly aggressive and species like the pistol shrimp would liquefy us with one strike if they were our size.

17. Galaxian

Galaxian Apprentice Engineer

Shrimp are tasty, lets hope something like that monster gets added to vanilla if they make food a thing here!

If you think this is a bad idea, you just don't have enough explosives to lob about.

18. ltdan83

ltdan83 Apprentice Engineer

That thing looks awesome....ly creepy.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.