1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

[1.112.010] [X64,DX11] [DS] [Autopilot Doesn't Work At All!]

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Denevraut, Dec 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Denevraut

Denevraut Trainee Engineer

It is not a new bug but it is worse than ever. Every month the bug in the auto pilot is worst. The first week of the «Collision Detection mode» was the best working update for the autopilot. It was fantastic !....

I tried every configuration of autopilot on any type of ship and any of them are moving. I didn't tried on a planet.

**Don't try to destroy a Command block in AUtopilot mode, it can crash the game.. //This one isn't a very problematic bug

PLease consider this bug. the game is not the same without auto pilot...

Thanks for your hard work ! :)

Den

2. welkar926

welkar926 Apprentice Engineer

FYI, the autopilot is also broken in SP, not just DS. The drones are set up correctly with the correct script and all necessary ingredients (RC, Timer Block, Programmable Block).

Have you noticed in the update video that the enemy drones didn't move?

3. Kielm

Kielm Junior Engineer

I just tried a single player game for the first time since planets.

Drones don't attack. Or move.

So... not sure if this is good, or bad. Think I'll come back to that one...

4. Denevraut

Denevraut Trainee Engineer

As i see, it's not just me.
    I was thinking about that thing because of the long time that the bug exist.
    It is not the first time that all the computer and all my Autopilot are frozen...
    So i suppose they know about this bug i think.
    (sorry for the bad english)

5. welkar926

Here's a game log from the session with the broken drones. The good news is that all of the DefinitionManager errors are gone.

6. LittleTerror

LittleTerror Apprentice Engineer

Got the same issue, autopilot does not work at all please consider hot fix for this, pretty please? :)

7. Levitator

Levitator Apprentice Engineer

I have been cooking up a mod to prevent players from astrally projecting themselves across the universe by way of medical bays through suicide, and having working autopilot is essential in a game that is about space travel. I'm glad that the clipping issues got some work, though.

Levitator

8. welkar926

Just a heads-up:
    The hotfix released today (1.112.012) did not fix the broken autopilot.

Here is another game log:

9. BlackyIV

BlackyIV Trainee Engineer

Not only the Drones dont work, the Autopilote are brocken :(

10. Levitator

Levitator Apprentice Engineer

I can confirm this as well. When you toggle the autopilot on, the remote block turns green, the manual ship controls freeze, but the ship goes nowhere. It does not even turn.

Levitator

11. jlp1528

jlp1528 Apprentice Engineer

Confirmed; this bug also exists in single player and the .012 hotfix did not fix it.

I didn't even know about the bug until I realized that the pirate drones quit targeting me at all, but then I tested it. Nothing works. As the title says, autopilot literally does not work at all. :((

12. Tobyz28

Tobyz28 Apprentice Engineer

Playing SE on x1 speeds, just built a my whole infrastructure around drones from space supplying my planet base only to find out the Autopilot doesn't work AT ALL. :(. Would also be nice to be able to flip on autopilot during the long ascent/decent to the planet.

13. sammyvoncheese

sammyvoncheese Apprentice Engineer

confirmed autopilot completely broken now.

14. w4stedspace

w4stedspace Trainee Engineer

Will just add in that I'm seeing exact same behaviour.

Tested on planets also

15. Phand

Phand Master Engineer

Hi,

this should be hopefully fixed in this weeks release. Please let us know, if it is working after the release. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  16. p0pman

p0pman Trainee Engineer

Still Not fixed as of 13/01/2016.
    Ships not moving in space but now pointing at way point and just ascending at 2 m/s on earth planet (not pointing at waypoint) have tried on several ships and drones plus one ship with no mods loaded at all. I have also reinstalled SE and that did not fix it.

Hoping for a fix soon :) ???

17. LittleTerror

Not sure if this is the issue but when the precision mode is on and when I use this code in a programmable block to set a waypoint and enable the autopilot...

Code:
    autoPilot.AddWaypoint(targetPos, missions[missionNumber]);
    autoPilot.SetAutoPilotEnabled(true);
    It will add the waypoint but it won't enable the autopilot and move on the next waypoint I give it, and I do clear the waypoints each time before I add the next one, yet if I turn off the precision mode the whole thing works fine.

Please try not to break anything else when fixing it lol, thrust override is broken so I've had to use autopilot which tbh I prefer because I struggle with all the math required to make my own...

Oh and could we please have the ability to access the direction and flight mode from the programmable block, I don't like the idea of having to use 6 remote control blocks >.<

18. Krougal

Krougal Senior Engineer

Activating autopilot is very hit or miss.
    Sometimes I add a waypoint, turn it on, and off it goes.
    Other times it just sits there. Sometimes it even turns itself off.

When it doesn't want to work, I toggle options on/off, turn block on/off, remove and readd waypoints.
    Sometimes just exiting K screen and trying again does it, most of the time it doesn't.
    Usually some combination of those works, but it's never consistent for me.

19. LittleTerror

Well I have not been able to find anything wrong with the autopilot apart from when precision mode is active, at first I thought it would sometimes refuse to enable but then I looked over my code and found that if the distance to the waypoint is very close then it will either refuse activate or it will spaz out trying to align my drone. I really think that it just needs some check in place, like minimum distance and also give the player some feedback, like waypoint reached.

So that we can at least know why it was not working.

TL;DR

precision mode is broken, so it is passing over a threshold and still trying to get closer?

I will check precision mode again now that I have improved my drone script.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.