1. The forum will be closing soon permanently. Please read the announcement here

Note: User registration has been closed. We do not accept any new accounts.

Disable "disassemble" function of assemblers

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Lord Bhael, Jan 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Lord Bhael

Lord Bhael Apprentice Engineer

I am creating custom production blocks by modifying assemblers. I really need them to no longer be able to disassemble. Has anyone figured out a way to do that? There almost looks like there is a tag that can be added to the .sbc file but I cannot seem to get it to do anything.

2. mexmer

mexmer Senior Engineer

i don't think there is a tag for it. most likely what you mistake for it, is that that represent dissasembling state.
    considering how disssambly togle is added to UI, there is no option to disable it in block ui code. it's disabled only when block is not working.

i admit, might be neat addition to have assembler, that cannot disassemble.

3. Lord Bhael

Lord Bhael Apprentice Engineer

Thanks for the response. That is the impression that I am getting as well. You are correct about the tag I was seeing, I think it is called disassembleenabled, or something along those lines. I really wanted someone with more experience than I do to verify. With the source code now available, I guess it would be possible by modifying the code there, but I don't think it could be distributed via Steam.

As far as it being a neat addition, it is something that will ultimately be required for the mod I am working on, but it isn't a dealbreaker right at the moment. I am making production blocks that are based on real-world manufacturing processes, and in the real world, you cannot just undo something. That would require a time machine. You can unmake something only by reprocessing it, and that is a part of the overall philosophy I am trying to enable. For example, you cannot simply unsmelt steel back into carbon and iron, or disassemble a steel girder back into the component steel. You have to resmelt it back into your original ingots.

4. Draygo

Draygo Senior Engineer

You should be able to force it to stay on assemble with some code. Though you cannot disable the button.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.