1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. The forum will be closing soon permanently. Please read the announcement here

Note: User registration has been closed. We do not accept any new accounts.

[1.122.010] [Dedicated Server] Block.SetValue("Intensity",float); on lights has no graphical update

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Rednight, Feb 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Rednight

Rednight Trainee Engineer

Hi,

I'm encountering a graphical bug with script using Block.SetValue("Intensity",float); the value get changed in the terminal but the rendered intensity is not affected unless I physically click on the slider.
    The bug is always reproductible, just create an empty world DS, build a plateforme with 4 block, a reactor, a progblock and a interior light/spotlight, set light intensity to 0.5 and radius to 1

in progblock:
    Code:
    void Main(string argument) {
    List Blocks = new List(); 
    float Intensity = 10; 
    GridTerminalSystem.GetBlocksOfType(Blocks); 
    for (byte i = 0 ; i < Blocks.Count; i++) { 
    Blocks[i].SetValue("Intensity", Intensity);
    Blocks[i].SetValue("Radius", Intensity);
    }
    }
    Run the progblock: the radius will get update but not the intensity until I click the slider in the terminal.
    I added the radius to check if SetValue was broken but it works with other fields
    It also happen whatever the light class used: IMyInteriorLight, IMyReflectorLight or IMyLightingBlock
    Note: it happen only on DS

I hope its clear enough,

Red.

2. Rednight

Still happens in 1.123.06 but this time with a flickering of the light but no change in intensity

3. Draygo

Draygo Senior Engineer

I do not believe this is a bug.

Try using .SetValueFloat(string, float) instead.
    or it's .SetFloatValue going off the top of my head right now.

4. Rednight

It does the same with Block.SetValueFloat('Intensity", float); , I think what we have here is an issue with the server message triggering the rendering update on value change event.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.