1. The forum will be closing soon permanently. Please read the announcement here

Note: User registration has been closed. We do not accept any new accounts.

SE Server Extender - Current Releases and Plugins

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by dodexahedron, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Anach

Anach Trainee Engineer

I could never get SESE to successfully restart on stable either, but as I ended up using SESM, I didn't bother trouble-shooting the problem.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. MilesRS

MilesRS Trainee Engineer

@Anach @Soulthule You just need to edit the RestartApp.bat thats created in the dedicatedserver64 folder, syntax will look something like this:

%windir%/system32/timeout /t 5
    cd /d "C:\SpaceEngineers\DedicatedServer64"

SEServerExtender.exe "autostart" "instance=New_Worlds" "autosave=5"

I have found that SESE overwrites this every now and then, which prevents a restart from occurring. I just wrote a simple powershell script that checks periodically and replaces the file if the above syntax isn't present.
    On top of that i run a simple 'restart crashed application' program that monitors SESE and runs the bat if SESE is no longer running. Seem to have a lot of unexplained SESE crashes at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Soulthule

Soulthule Apprentice Engineer

Thank you for the help. I am using his Rexxar's Essentials plugin that has a restart, which I thought would work. Should I disable that? The restartapp.bat was there. The autosave was missing which I replaced. It seems the restart batch triggers, calls SESE, but then when SESE window pops up it doesn't execute the command from SESE to start the server. Also, what program are you using to monitor the crashed application. That would be very useful.

4. MilesRS

MilesRS Trainee Engineer

@Soulthule nope keep using the plugin. When you enable restarts using essentials it creates the bat file. Just add a the syntax above in and that will work.

What I have found is that essentials will overwrite this bat file after it has restarted once, this might be what you are experiencing.

So I have a scheduled task that runs another bat file which checks this location and overwrites if the incorrect syntax is present. Add me on steam or discord and I can explain, username is milesrs.

The program I use is the following: https://w-shadow.com/blog/2009/03/04/restart-on-crash/
    It's very simple and works perfectly!
    Simply tell it to run the bat file if the app has stopped running.

5. Soulthule

Ok, I tried as you suggested. I am still getting the issue where it will restart the server up to the point that it brings up the SESE GUI. It doesn't continue restarting the server until I press start in his GUI. I know I'm missing something here. Do I have to use a command to launch with no gui?

6. rexxar

rexxar Senior Engineer

Um, this is the worst possible way to do it. You are not meant to touch the restart bat, it is regenerated every time the server restarts.

To get SESE to restart automatically, you must start it automatically. Here is the relevant line out of my server start script
    Code:
    C:\spaceengineers\DedicatedServer64\SEServerExtender.exe autostart path="C:\ProgramData\SpaceEngineersDedicated\Wunderland" instance="Wunderland"
    Unless you specify all of those command line options, SESE doesn't know which instance to start. The restart bat is generated from the command line arguments you used to start the server. An easy way to do this is to create a shortcut to the sese exe and add the commandline options in the target field:
    [​IMG]

7. Soulthule

I thought I did that. I pretty sure it is something petty I'm missing...

[​IMG]

8. MilesRS

MilesRS Trainee Engineer

@rexxar yup I know that, but doing it the designed way has never worked for me hence why I used this workaround, which works without a hitch.

9. Soulthule

@rexxar I did as you said (or at least I think I did), several months ago. Created the short cut, added the commands. It still will only restart to this screen at which time I have to press start. I have to be missing something on the server install side....
    [​IMG]

10. Visentinel

Visentinel Junior Engineer

Without server extender 1.144.011 has been working fine and very rarely crashes however when using server extender the server will crash often but with no clear error.

the SE logs state that the externel debugger was interrupted and logs a standard shutdown.

the SESE log says

2016-08-29 13:37:35.7855|Info|SEModAPIInternal.API.Common.WorldManager+<>c__DisplayClass45_0.b__2|Asynchronous Save Setup Started: 283.0052ms
    2016-08-29 13:37:42.4107|Info|SEModAPIInternal.API.Common.WorldManager+<>c__DisplayClass45_0.b__0|Asynchronous Save Completed: 6908.1255ms
    2016-08-29 13:42:02.9985|Info|SEModAPIExtensions.API.Server.RunServer|Server has stopped running
    2016-08-29 13:42:02.9985|Info|SEModAPIExtensions.API.PluginManager.UnloadPlugin|Unloading plugin 'f767bda5-0a8c-4813-85fd-a5a2341778e8'

But i did not stop it ! it just does it on its own.

the issue can occur as often as every 20-30 minutes.

Environment:
    Windows Server 2012 R2

11. rexxar

rexxar Senior Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  12. Carlosmaid

Carlosmaid Apprentice Engineer

You are the best!
    Another doubt. Concealment system has improved in the last updates or not yet? how much priority have it on the list of things to do in essentials?

Thanks!

13. rexxar

rexxar Senior Engineer

I don't really have any plans for concealment right now. It's pretty much done.

14. Visentinel

Visentinel Junior Engineer

since everyone puts medbays on everything, one particular improvement would be to conceal medbays regardless of player online however if the player is currently dead then reveal. wait for them to spawn then re-conceal. unfortunately at the moment a single player of a large faction can single handedly push the gamelogic over max cpu usage and bring simulation down.

15. rexxar

rexxar Senior Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  16. gornyakmaniac

gornyakmaniac Apprentice Engineer

@rexxar Is this version compatible with stable branch?

17. rexxar

rexxar Senior Engineer

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Carlosmaid

Excellent update. Alphabetized blocks, new faction tab and profile are greatly appreciated things.

Sorry, i got confused. I said concealment, but i wondered about block enforcement system. It's something that i use a lot to limit vanilla and modded blocks, but sometimes server crash.
    In the last update Keen published block enforcement per player(Keen says there are three types of block limits but i see only per player, for the time being i suppose) , something great! but i can not limit modded blocks(tested on vainilla server) and there is no enforcement by grid like in essentials, which is also very useful.

What will happen to this system in essentials? continue to improve, only bug fix (there is a bug that causes the server to stop responding when certain grids will grinded) or be replaced by the vainilla game system? if it is the last option, I hope it is as flexible as is the essentials system with the lot of options.

Thanks!

19. rexxar

rexxar Senior Engineer

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Carlosmaid

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  21. Sudo

Sudo Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]

I have installed all the latest of SEServer extender and essentials i get this error...

2016-09-28 00:26:42.0705|Info|SEServerExtender.Program.Start|SE version: 1.149.4
    2016-09-28 00:26:42.1055|Info|SEServerExtender.Program.Start|Extender version: 1.154.2.858
    2016-09-28 00:26:42.1055|Info|SEServerExtender.Program.Start|Detected "Stable" branch!
    2016-09-28 00:26:44.3903|Info|SEServerExtender.Program.Start|Starting SEServerExtender with 0 arguments:
    2016-09-28 00:26:44.3963|Info|SEModAPIInternal.API.Common.SandboxGameAssemblyWrapper.get_Instance|Finished loading SandboxGameAssemblyWrapper
    2016-09-28 00:26:44.3963|Info|SEModAPIExtensions.API.BasicUnitTestManager.RunBaseReflectionUnitTests|All main types passed reflection unit tests!
    2016-09-28 00:26:44.3963|Info|SEModAPIExtensions.API.Server..ctor|Finished creating server!
    2016-09-28 00:26:44.4088|Info|SEModAPIInternal.API.Server.DedicatedServerAssemblyWrapper.get_Instance|Finished loading DedicatedServerAssemblyWrapper
    2016-09-28 00:26:44.4088|Info|SEModAPIExtensions.API.PluginManager.get_Instance|Finished loading PluginManager
    2016-09-28 00:26:44.4088|Info|SEModAPIInternal.API.Common.EntityEventManager.get_Instance|Finished loading EntityEventManager
    2016-09-28 00:26:44.4263|Info|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager..ctor|Finished loading ChatManager
    2016-09-28 00:26:44.4263|Info|SEModAPIExtensions.API.Server.ProcessCommandLineArgs|WCF disabled
    2016-09-28 00:26:44.4263|Info|SEModAPIExtensions.API.Server.ProcessCommandLineArgs|end parsing
    2016-09-28 00:31:03.7801|Info|SEModAPIExtensions.API.SessionManager.UpdateSessionSettings|Loading Session Settings
    2016-09-28 00:31:04.7828|Info|SEModAPIInternal.API.Common.PlayerManager.get_Instance|Finished loading PlayerManager
    2016-09-28 00:31:04.7873|Info|SEModAPIInternal.API.Server.ServerNetworkManager.get_Instance|Finished loading NetworkManager
    2016-09-28 00:31:07.7695|Info|SEModAPIInternal.API.Common.PlayerMap.get_Instance|Finished loading PlayerMap
    2016-09-28 00:31:08.4590|Info|SEModAPIExtensions.API.PluginManager.LoadPlugins|Loading plugins ...
    2016-09-28 00:31:08.4590|Info|SEModAPIExtensions.API.PluginManager.LoadPlugins|Scanning: C:\ProgramData\SpaceEngineersDedicated\SUDO\Mods
    2016-09-28 00:31:08.4590|Info|SEModAPIExtensions.API.PluginManager.LoadPlugins|Trying to load C:\ProgramData\SpaceEngineersDedicated\SUDO\Mods\Essentials\Essentials.dll
    2016-09-28 00:31:08.4750|Info|SEModAPIExtensions.API.PluginManager.LoadPlugins|Loaded assembly Essentials, Version=1.13.7.243, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
    2016-09-28 00:31:08.4750|Info|SEModAPIExtensions.API.PluginManager.LoadPlugins|Finished loading plugins
    2016-09-28 00:31:08.4750|Info|SEModAPIExtensions.API.PluginManager.Init|Initializing plugins ...
    2016-09-28 00:31:08.4750|Info|SEModAPIExtensions.API.PluginManager.InitPlugin|Initializing plugin at C:\ProgramData\SpaceEngineersDedicated\SUDO\Mods\Essentials\Essentials.dll - f767bda5-0a8c-4813-85fd-a5a2341778e8'
    2016-09-28 00:31:08.6266|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.PluginManager.InitPlugin|System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at EssentialsPlugin.Essentials.DoInit(String path)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
    at SEModAPIExtensions.API.PluginManager.InitPlugin(Guid key)
    |System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
    Object reference not set to an instance of an object. System.NullReferenceException Void DoInit(System.String) at EssentialsPlugin.Essentials.DoInit(String path)
    2016-09-28 00:31:08.6416|Info|SEModAPIExtensions.API.PluginManager.Init|Finished initializing plugins
    2016-09-28 00:31:08.6451|Info|SEModAPIInternal.API.Server.ServerNetworkManager.InitNetworkIntercept|Initialized network intercept!
    2016-09-28 00:31:08.6716|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers()
    |System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:31:08.6776|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    |System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:31:08.7787|Error|SEServerExtender.SEServerExtender.FactionRefresh|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at SEServerExtender.SEServerExtender.FactionRefresh(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    2016-09-28 00:31:08.7787|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:31:08.8698|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

any ideas? it does this forever then crashes the server

22. Carlosmaid

I not sure if it work but try deleting all greetings messages and motd.

23. Sudo

Sudo Trainee Engineer

That did not work?

Same Error.

My logs are over 15 MB now... with this error...

2016-09-28 00:58:49.1625|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:49.3008|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:49.3630|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:49.3630|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:49.5758|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:49.5758|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:49.7759|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:49.7759|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:49.9766|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:49.9766|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:50.1768|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:50.1768|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:50.2999|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:50.3770|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:50.3770|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:50.5908|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:50.5908|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:50.7909|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:50.7909|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:50.9914|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:50.9914|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:51.1915|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:51.1915|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:51.2999|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:51.4038|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:51.4038|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:51.6040|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:51.6040|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:51.8043|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:51.8043|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:52.0050|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:52.0050|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:52.2054|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:52.2054|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:52.3009|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:52.4190|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:52.4190|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:52.6194|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:52.6194|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:52.8196|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:52.8196|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:53.0199|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:53.0199|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:53.2208|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:53.2208|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:53.2994|Error|SEServerExtender.SEServerExtender.FactionRefresh|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:53.2994|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:53.4334|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:53.4334|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:53.6340|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:53.6340|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:53.8344|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:53.8344|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:54.0350|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:54.0350|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:54.2490|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:54.2525|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:54.2995|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:54.4493|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:54.4493|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:54.6499|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:54.6499|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:54.8504|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:54.8504|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:55.0506|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:55.0506|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:55.2649|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:55.2679|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:55.2990|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:55.4664|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:55.4664|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:55.6660|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:55.6660|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:55.8664|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:55.8664|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:56.0669|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:56.0669|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:56.2678|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:56.2678|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:56.2994|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:56.4808|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:56.5129|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:56.6815|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:56.6940|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:56.8819|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:56.8819|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:57.0823|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:57.0823|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:57.2834|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:57.2834|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:57.2998|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:57.4973|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:57.4973|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:57.6977|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:57.6977|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:57.8980|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:57.8980|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:58.0985|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:58.0985|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:58.2994|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:58.2994|Error|SEServerExtender.SEServerExtender.FactionRefresh|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 00:58:58.2994|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  24. rexxar

rexxar Senior Engineer

See if there's anything interesting in the plugin log. It's in the same directory as the SESE logs.

It looks like Essentials failed to start up for some reason.

25. Sudo

Sudo Trainee Engineer

2016-09-28 00:11:08.0184|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.Essentials.InitWithPath|Initializing Essentials plugin at path C:\ProgramData\SpaceEngineersDedicated\SUDO\Mods\Essentials\
    2016-09-28 00:11:08.0479|Info|EssentialsPlugin.Essentials.DoInit|Reserved slots initialized
    2016-09-28 00:11:08.0569|Info|EssentialsPlugin.Essentials.DoInit|Plugin 'Dedicated Server Essentials' initialized. (Version: 1.13.7.243 ID: f767bda5-0a8c-4813-85fd-a5a2341778e8)
    2016-09-28 00:11:08.2405|Info|EssentialsPlugin.ProcessHandlers.ProcessGreeting.OnPlayerJoined|New User: 90103923479868417
    2016-09-28 00:11:08.2405|Info|EssentialsPlugin.ProcessHandlers.ProcessGreeting.OnPlayerJoined|Greeting Added => 90103923479868417 (New user: True)
    2016-09-28 00:31:08.4750|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.Essentials.InitWithPath|Initializing Essentials plugin at path C:\ProgramData\SpaceEngineersDedicated\SUDO\Mods\Essentials\
    2016-09-28 00:35:51.9280|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.Essentials.InitWithPath|Initializing Essentials plugin at path C:\ProgramData\SpaceEngineersDedicated\SUDO\Mods\Essentials\
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.0741|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /admin backup
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.0741|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /admin memory
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.0741|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /admin notify
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.0741|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /admin ownership change
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.0741|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /admin restart
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.0806|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /admin test
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.0806|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /admin version
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.0806|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /admin stop
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.0806|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /admin speed
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.0806|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /admin identity cleanup
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.0806|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /admin faction cleanup
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.0806|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /admin spawn cargo
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.0806|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /admin scan area at
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.0806|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /admin scan area towards
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.0806|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /admin scan cleanup
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.0806|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /admin scan entityid
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.0806|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /admin scan grids
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.0806|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /admin scan inactive
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.0957|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /admin scan nobeacon
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.0957|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /admin scan overlimit
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.0957|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /admin delete cleanup
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.0957|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /admin delete grids
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.0957|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /admin delete grids area
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.0957|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /admin delete inactive
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.0957|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /admin delete nobeacon
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.0957|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /admin delete ships area
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.0957|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /admin delete stations area
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.0957|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /admin delete floating
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.0957|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /admin move area to position
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.0957|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /admin move area towards
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.0957|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /admin move grid to
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.0957|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /admin move player position
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.0957|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /admin move player to
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.0957|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /admin conceal
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.0957|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /admin reveal
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.0957|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /admin player list active
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.0957|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /admin player list inactive
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.1132|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /admin settings
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.1132|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /settings enableblockenforcement
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.1132|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /settings removeblockenforcement
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.1132|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /settings getblockenforcement
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.1132|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /settings setblockenforcement
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.1132|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /settings setmotd
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.1132|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /dock validate
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.1132|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /dock dock
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.1292|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /dock undock
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.1292|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /dock list
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.1292|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /waypoint add
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.1292|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /waypoint remove
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.1292|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /waypoint list
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.1292|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /waypoint groupadd
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.1292|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /waypoint groupremove
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.1292|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /waypoint add
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.1292|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /waypoint refresh
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.1292|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /waypoint factionadd
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.1292|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /waypoint factionremove
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.1292|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /utility export server
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.1292|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /utility grids list
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.1292|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /utility grids compare
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.1292|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /info
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.1437|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /timeleft
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.1437|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /pos
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.1437|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /msg
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.1437|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /faction
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.1437|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /f
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.1437|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /motd
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.1437|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /revoke
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.1437|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /ticket add
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.1437|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /ticket extend
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.1437|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /ticket remove
    2016-09-28 00:35:52.1437|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.ChatHandlers.ChatHandlerBase..ctor|Added chat handler: /ticket timeleft
    2016-09-28 00:57:33.0043|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.Essentials.InitWithPath|Initializing Essentials plugin at path C:\ProgramData\SpaceEngineersDedicated\SUDO\Mods\Essentials\
    2016-09-28 01:07:45.2052|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.Essentials.InitWithPath|Initializing Essentials plugin at path C:\ProgramData\SpaceEngineersDedicated\SUDO\Mods\Essentials\
    2016-09-28 01:08:19.8459|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.Essentials.InitWithPath|Initializing Essentials plugin at path C:\ProgramData\SpaceEngineersDedicated\SUDO\Mods\Essentials\
    2016-09-28 01:08:41.2837|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.Essentials.InitWithPath|Initializing Essentials plugin at path C:\ProgramData\SpaceEngineersDedicated\SUDO\Mods\Essentials\
    2016-09-28 01:08:52.5227|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.Essentials.InitWithPath|Initializing Essentials plugin at path C:\ProgramData\SpaceEngineersDedicated\SUDO\Mods\Essentials\
    2016-09-28 01:10:36.6125|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.Essentials.InitWithPath|Initializing Essentials plugin at path C:\ProgramData\SpaceEngineersDedicated\SUDO\Mods\Essentials\
    2016-09-28 01:10:38.4116|Debug|EssentialsPlugin.Essentials.InitWithPath|Initializing Essentials plugin at path C:\ProgramData\SpaceEngineersDedicated\SUDO\Mods\Essentials\

@rexxar whats next?

26. rexxar

rexxar Senior Engineer

I don't know, I don't see anything obviously wrong. Try renaming/deleting the essentials config file and see what happens.

27. Sudo

Sudo Trainee Engineer

Did not fix it same error again @rexxar

2016-09-28 02:01:17.2529|Info|SEServerExtender.Program.Start|SE version: 1.149.4
    2016-09-28 02:01:17.2895|Info|SEServerExtender.Program.Start|Extender version: 1.154.2.858
    2016-09-28 02:01:17.2895|Info|SEServerExtender.Program.Start|Detected "Stable" branch!
    2016-09-28 02:01:19.1992|Info|SEServerExtender.Program.Start|Starting SEServerExtender with 0 arguments:
    2016-09-28 02:01:19.1992|Info|SEModAPIInternal.API.Common.SandboxGameAssemblyWrapper.get_Instance|Finished loading SandboxGameAssemblyWrapper
    2016-09-28 02:01:19.2127|Info|SEModAPIExtensions.API.BasicUnitTestManager.RunBaseReflectionUnitTests|All main types passed reflection unit tests!
    2016-09-28 02:01:19.2127|Info|SEModAPIExtensions.API.Server..ctor|Finished creating server!
    2016-09-28 02:01:19.2127|Info|SEModAPIInternal.API.Server.DedicatedServerAssemblyWrapper.get_Instance|Finished loading DedicatedServerAssemblyWrapper
    2016-09-28 02:01:19.2207|Info|SEModAPIExtensions.API.PluginManager.get_Instance|Finished loading PluginManager
    2016-09-28 02:01:19.2207|Info|SEModAPIInternal.API.Common.EntityEventManager.get_Instance|Finished loading EntityEventManager
    2016-09-28 02:01:19.2207|Info|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager..ctor|Finished loading ChatManager
    2016-09-28 02:01:19.2207|Info|SEModAPIExtensions.API.Server.ProcessCommandLineArgs|WCF disabled
    2016-09-28 02:01:19.2207|Info|SEModAPIExtensions.API.Server.ProcessCommandLineArgs|end parsing
    2016-09-28 02:01:24.5692|Info|SEModAPIExtensions.API.SessionManager.UpdateSessionSettings|Loading Session Settings
    2016-09-28 02:01:25.5595|Info|SEModAPIInternal.API.Common.PlayerManager.get_Instance|Finished loading PlayerManager
    2016-09-28 02:01:25.5595|Info|SEModAPIInternal.API.Server.ServerNetworkManager.get_Instance|Finished loading NetworkManager
    2016-09-28 02:01:28.5521|Info|SEModAPIInternal.API.Common.PlayerMap.get_Instance|Finished loading PlayerMap
    2016-09-28 02:01:29.0484|Info|SEModAPIExtensions.API.PluginManager.LoadPlugins|Loading plugins ...
    2016-09-28 02:01:29.0514|Info|SEModAPIExtensions.API.PluginManager.LoadPlugins|Scanning: C:\ProgramData\SpaceEngineersDedicated\SUDO\Mods
    2016-09-28 02:01:29.0514|Info|SEModAPIExtensions.API.PluginManager.LoadPlugins|Trying to load C:\ProgramData\SpaceEngineersDedicated\SUDO\Mods\Essentials\Essentials.dll
    2016-09-28 02:01:29.0514|Info|SEModAPIExtensions.API.PluginManager.LoadPlugins|Loaded assembly Essentials, Version=1.13.7.243, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
    2016-09-28 02:01:29.0514|Info|SEModAPIExtensions.API.PluginManager.LoadPlugins|Finished loading plugins
    2016-09-28 02:01:29.0649|Info|SEModAPIExtensions.API.PluginManager.Init|Initializing plugins ...
    2016-09-28 02:01:29.0649|Info|SEModAPIExtensions.API.PluginManager.InitPlugin|Initializing plugin at C:\ProgramData\SpaceEngineersDedicated\SUDO\Mods\Essentials\Essentials.dll - f767bda5-0a8c-4813-85fd-a5a2341778e8'
    2016-09-28 02:01:29.0985|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.PluginManager.InitPlugin|System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    |System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Object reference not set to an instance of an object. System.NullReferenceException Void DoInit(System.String) at EssentialsPlugin.Essentials.DoInit(String path)
    2016-09-28 02:01:29.1130|Info|SEModAPIExtensions.API.PluginManager.Init|Finished initializing plugins
    2016-09-28 02:01:29.1130|Info|SEModAPIInternal.API.Server.ServerNetworkManager.InitNetworkIntercept|Initialized network intercept!
    2016-09-28 02:01:29.2506|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 02:01:29.2561|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 02:01:29.4492|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 02:01:29.4492|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 02:01:29.5628|Error|SEServerExtender.SEServerExtender.FactionRefresh|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 02:01:29.5673|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 02:01:29.6493|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 02:01:29.6493|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 02:01:29.8495|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 02:01:29.8495|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 02:01:30.0496|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 02:01:30.0496|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 02:01:30.2633|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 02:01:30.2633|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 02:01:30.4635|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 02:01:30.4635|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 02:01:30.5521|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 02:01:30.6636|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 02:01:30.6636|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 02:01:30.8638|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 02:01:30.8638|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 02:01:31.0764|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 02:01:31.0764|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 02:01:31.2766|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 02:01:31.2766|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 02:01:31.4767|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 02:01:31.4767|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 02:01:31.5548|Error|SEModAPIExtensions.API.ChatManager.SetupChatHandlers|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-28 02:01:31.6153|Info|SEModAPIExtensions.API.Server.StopServer|Stopping server
    2016-09-28 02:01:33.2209|Info|SEModAPIExtensions.API.Server.StopServer|Server has been stopped
    --- Automerge ---
    I followed the install step by step this is a new server install just an FYI

@rexxar
    --- Automerge ---
    @rexxar why do we not know why after a fresh install it is doing this the same error comes up and i have logs over 20MB now with just this error? I wiped and did everything again by the video on the the SESE website same error with setup chat handler. The sad thing is this is the most help i have gotten with Space engineers dedicated server yet.

28. DS_Marine

DS_Marine Apprentice Engineer

@Sudo Please put these things inside spoiler tags! .D

You are clearly missing the path parameter, it is present in what you quoted from Rexxar -_-

29. Sudo

Sudo Trainee Engineer

@DS_Marine
    Sorry i am in a rush and i want to get this working but it seems no one really knows what is going on and i have no idea what you talking about i have created a fresh server which is installed from the SESE website video i followed it step by step and installed everything as stated. Just waiting for the next steps....

30. DS_Marine

DS_Marine Apprentice Engineer

I'm talking about making your and our life easier, put these long logs inside spoiler and code tags. I.E:
    [ spoiler][ code]
    (your log)
    [ /code][ /spoiler]

(of course without the starting space). It makes the thread easier to read. Thanks.
    I do not use sese yet but since it's throwing an exception on INIT, then check carefully your configuration file for wrong paths/values.
    "...at EssentialsPlugin.Essentials.DoInit(String path)"

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.