1. The forum will be closing soon permanently. Please read the announcement here

Note: User registration has been closed. We do not accept any new accounts.

SE Server Extender and Essentials help thread

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by rexxar, Nov 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Entersprite

Entersprite Apprentice Engineer

Maybe this question was asked once, but tl;dr so I ask it:
    With the Essentials plug-in, you can write out messages to the chat for new players. I want to create a basic welcome message with a small twist: I'd like to write the player's name out, like:
    Welcome to the server, {username}!
    My question is, is there a variable exists what I can put into the welcome message and the server changes it inside the message? And if it exists, how should I use them? Are there other variables as well I can use? I haven't found any documentations about this.

2. rexxar

rexxar Senior Engineer

If you think so, you're welcome to submit a pull request.
    --- Automerge ---
    You want "Welcome to the server, %name%!"

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Sensei

Sensei Trainee Engineer

So I've found that, unlike when running the dedicated server on its own, SESE prevents me from running Space Engineers as a client while a dedicated server is running. Steam says that the program is already running, and won't start (same result from clicking on the exe directly). Is there any way around this?

4. rexxar

rexxar Senior Engineer

I think what some people have done is log out of steam when you start SESE, then log back in once the server is started. I've been trying to stop this behavior, but so far everything I've tried just blows up.

5. Visentinel

Visentinel Junior Engineer

Without server extender 1.144.011 has been working fine and very rarely crashes however when using server extender the server will crash often but with no clear error.

the SE logs state that the externel debugger was interrupted and logs a standard shutdown.

the SESE log says

2016-08-29 13:37:35.7855|Info|SEModAPIInternal.API.Common.WorldManager+<>c__DisplayClass45_0.b__2|Asynchronous Save Setup Started: 283.0052ms
    2016-08-29 13:37:42.4107|Info|SEModAPIInternal.API.Common.WorldManager+<>c__DisplayClass45_0.b__0|Asynchronous Save Completed: 6908.1255ms
    2016-08-29 13:42:02.9985|Info|SEModAPIExtensions.API.Server.RunServer|Server has stopped running
    2016-08-29 13:42:02.9985|Info|SEModAPIExtensions.API.PluginManager.UnloadPlugin|Unloading plugin 'f767bda5-0a8c-4813-85fd-a5a2341778e8'

But i did not stop it ! it just does it on its own.

the issue can occur as often as every 20-30 minutes.

Environment:
    Windows Server 2012 R2

6. rexxar

rexxar Senior Engineer

Stop. Posting your log everywhere isn't going to make me investigate your problem any faster.

In fact, I'm not going to investigate it at all. I maintain SESE as a hobby, and I provide support in my free time. I don't have the time or patience to deal with people who try to send me the same crash log over and over on every website they can find me on.

Good luck.

7. Visentinel

its not mine, google searching shows there's allot of people posting the same issue and its mostly recent, approx since sese version 1.146 ish

(and im posting in around coz i tried to bring it to you earlier but you blocked me.)

--edit-

The offer still stands despite all this.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  8. Andy-Blackknight

Andy-Blackknight Trainee Engineer

2016-08-30 09:55:30.9720|Info|EssentialsPlugin.Essentials.Shutdown|Shutting down plugin: Dedicated Server Essentials - 1.13.7.243
    have extender version SEServerExtender-v1.153.3.737

Please fixed

9. Visentinel

sorry to see another with the issue :(
    Rexxar said he will not be investigating this issue.
    Ok moving on...

i have a SESE working for 48 hours now, My knowledge in server administration (.net, windows server etc.. its my job) helped me in pouring through various logs generated from .net framework and other windows event logs using debugging/verbose logging modes lead me to find the issue within SESE and i was able to fix the problem not by fixing SESE you have to do that but my configuring a workaround and bam issue solved.

though its taken me a month without sese and on and off trying to fix it myself, the overall workaround is fairly trivial :).. il write up a simple step by step on how anyone else can do this when i have time, if i can find it.

the technical issue is this, SESE is using a buggy instruction within .net and it often crashes within the process. the space engineers thread completely fails and crashes and thats why theres no logging in SE or SESE and SESE simply see's it as SE simply stopped running. this is as best i can describe it just from the logs / eventlog that i poured through while testing and looking at what was going on.

10. Everwake

Everwake Trainee Engineer

I decided to try out SESE on my dedicated server running on win 10, I extracted it to the dedicatedserver64 folder and tried to run it, it immediately crashes with a null reference exception at seserverextender program main.

I followed the install instructions on page one of the SESE release thread, is there something I am missing?

11. Blazingfly

Blazingfly Trainee Engineer

Getting this exact issue, Windows 10 as well.

Looks like it's broken.

Last working(it launches - not tested server itself yet) version for me is SEServerExtender 1.153.3.737

12. rexxar

rexxar Senior Engineer

Please read the first post in this thread @Everwake @Blazingfly

Also, I develop and test SESE on a Windows 10 machine. It works fine for me.

13. Andy-Blackknight

SEServerExtender-v1.154.02.835 not running

[​IMG]

14. Blazingfly

Blazingfly Trainee Engineer

It was crashing instantaneously even with the debug param. Didn't seem to leave any logs that I could see? Not sure where it outputs to.

Anyway, after running with an older version of SESE, when I copy in the newer files, it now launches, so I can no longer reproduce the issue.

15. gornyakmaniac

gornyakmaniac Apprentice Engineer

@rexxar Latest version of SESE doesn't compatible with stable branch (even if I use "noprofiler" argument). Will it be?

16. rexxar

rexxar Senior Engineer

Okay, I see what's happened. I put the wrong file in this update. Open any other update and copy nlog.config into your directory.
    --- Automerge ---
    @gornyakmaniac Looks like the noprofiler fix is what broke it. Use the previous release and you should be fine.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. gornyakmaniac

@rexxar Some bugreport I wanted to give you but were too busy to.

Sometimes antigravity appears after concealement of ship (even if there is no landing gear on ship at all). Found this because for now worldmap size on my DS is only 200km, and this antigravitated ships approaching the border of the world rapidly and then disappear. I can send you some pics, logs and server backups with two cases of this issue I found.

18. Guillaume

Guillaume Trainee Engineer

Is there a way I can add mods with SESE while keeping the name of the mod in the list?

For example I tried to add the line "dk slim connector 387054218" to the mods list but it gives me a "property value is not valid" error.

I can make it work by removing "dk slim connector" and just keeping the number but it makes it a pain to identify the mods in the list.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  19. Guillaume

Guillaume Trainee Engineer

20. rexxar

rexxar Senior Engineer

no
    fixed

21. Andy-Blackknight

Please fixed Plugin:

[​IMG]

I can not Start Se- 1.154.02.828
    Root-Server, Windows Server 2012 R2
    Space Engineers "Stable"

Screenshot
    [​IMG]

22. franky500

franky500 Trainee Engineer

is there any way to setup the startup command line so it forces Server IP, Server port and slot count? Would like to have this added to use with my Game Server Provider but they need to be able to prevent clients (aka.. me) from changing those startup options (for obvious reasons)

23. Andy-Blackknight

Plugin v1.13.07.289-alpha
    simspeed 0.1 at 1 Player connected
    Its Root-Server Windows Server 2012 R2
    Prozessor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    RAM 32 GB
    64 bit
    Space Engineers Stable
    Extender Version 862
    Net Framework 6.2

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  24. gornyakmaniac

@rexxar Version v1.13.07.289-alpha of Essentials provokes heavy simspeed drop on stable branch - 50ms gamelogic with only one client. Downgraded to v1.13.07.257-alpha and it works fine - ~23ms gamelogic with 10 clients.
    *Using latest version of SESE, of course

25. Andy-Blackknight

Essentials.dll v1.13.07.291-alpha its not better. 1 player connected simspeed 0.02
    Downgraded to v1.13.07.257-alpha and it works fine - ~23ms gamelogic with 10 clients.
    *Using latest version of SESE, of course

26. rexxar

rexxar Senior Engineer

Can we not use obnoxious formatting? Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. Andy-Blackknight

what do you meen with obnoxious formatting??

28. Hailedbean

Hailedbean Trainee Engineer

Can anyone help me get SE Extender setup as a service? I desperately need auto restarts.

29. Andy-Blackknight

Deutsch:

gibt es irgendwas "ein befehl" wo grids löscht von Ownern wo z.b 2 wochen nicht auf dem Server waren?

2. was ist "NonProfiler"?

3. Wenn ich bei Windows Server 2012 2 anmeldebenutzer habe, wie kann ich machen das beide Server mit extender laufen und autorestart macht? weil die immer die erste instanz nehmen

Englisch (Google Transelate):

Is there something "a command" where grids delete from Ownern where z.b 2 weeks were not on the server?

2. What is "NonProfiler"?

3. If I have 2 log-in users in Windows Server 2012, how can I make the two servers running extender and autorestart? Because always take the first instance

30. Wyqer

Wyqer Trainee Engineer

Hey there,

does someone also have the strange bug, that after every restart there is a new savegame folder with the normal name of the world, but with some numbers appended? oO
    --- Automerge ---
    Ok, don't mind it.
    SESE created everytime a new world, because I've forgotten to set the World save file folden in the SESE Control Tab. -.-
    Don't reroll a server in the night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.