1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. The forum will be closing soon permanently. Please read the announcement here

Note: User registration has been closed. We do not accept any new accounts.

[01.166-007] [DS] [Major] Small Ship Oxygen Generator issue with conveyer

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by scorpnoire, Dec 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. scorpnoire

scorpnoire Apprentice Engineer

The small ships oxygen generator small conveyer port does not connect and transfer oxygen or ice if connected to any conveyer block or cockpi.
    See screenshot of a remodeled (stripped) generic practise ship with which this issue occured.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/scorpnoire/screenshot/98348801197361611

Access to the inventory from the cockpit is impossible too. Poor astronaut suffocated.

Manual access through the small ports was possible.

Interestingly the big conveyer port of said oxygen generator connected to some container or entity with inventory gave oxygen and inventory access through other blocks normally.

EDIT:

I just found out after the server restart:

- oxyGen small generally works in said grid
    - when unmerging/splitting the small grid with the oxyGen from the overall small grid (some kind of parking/refulling stage with merge blocks) it immediatly ceases to function
    - if via space master copy & pasted oxyGen in the grid works again

So it seems to be another one merge block issue with the 166 stable.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ciel

Ciel Trainee Engineer

I've also noticed this, and that the large ship/station oxygen generator is behaving differently as well, in that bottles put into conveyor-linked inventories are no longer automatically moved to the oxygen generator to be filled up.

3. MustangDood

MustangDood Trainee Engineer

Confirmed. Small ports on the small grid oxygen generator are not working.

4. ChronoSpy

ChronoSpy Trainee Engineer

[01.166-011] - still not working. Same with small ports on medium cargo containers on small ship.

WORKAROUND:
    1. Make sure you have a TUBE connected to the port (and NOT anything else, like a container or a conveyor).
    2. Connect the tube to something on the other end.
    3. Save and restart the server.
    4. Now tubes should be lit green and ports operational.
    5. You can disconnect the tubes and build whatever you want there. It should work now.

Please comment if that helped you or not. Or you found another way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. RonK

RonK Trainee Engineer

Totaly worked thank you!

6. Pie

Pie Apprentice Engineer

There seems to be a common theme to some of these bugs. Many blocks with functionality (lights, landing gears, cargo container and oxygen generator ports) don't work correctly when first constructed. You need to restart the game before they work. Annoying but doable in SP but impractical in MP.

7. tyriael_soban

tyriael_soban Apprentice Engineer

Yeah, this is happening in stable too ... honestly, i dont have the time to wait 5 mins for my game to load up when i play with mods just for a small conveyor interface, guess building Jiffy will have to wait.

Edit; might want to check all small conveyors cause this is happening to me when i try to stitch up from the smalls on a medium container, but i can bridge a utility cockpit through a GGturret and into the same container, just cant transfer stuff from the container through small ports.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  8. Tibor

Tibor Trainee Engineer

yeah i have some issues with small O2 generator... even O2 tank on small ships are bugged... but ChronoSpy's workaround worked for small O2 tank as well.... thanks pal

9. Leonexis

Leonexis Trainee Engineer

I'd consider this almost game breaking for survival MP since not everyone can have their server restarted.

10. AlfieUK4

AlfieUK4 Trainee Engineer

Someone on Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/spaceengineers/comments/5j3vt7/stable_branch_conveyors_dont_work/) has discovered that if you connect a large conveyor port object (say a connector or the large port of the oxygen generator) to the medium cargo container small port it will create a working LARGE conveyor line. Seems something is broken in the conveyor line discovery code for at least small grid medium and large cargo containers, oxygen generators, and possibly large conveyor junctions.

Ships and blueprints created before update 166 work fine, probably because the conveyor lines are already stored in the save file, it is only newly built blocks after 166.

11. scorpnoire

scorpnoire Apprentice Engineer

I just found out after the server restart:

- oxyGen small generally works in said grid
    - when disconnecting the small grid with the oxyGen from the overall small grid (some kind of parking/refulling stage) it immediatly ceases to function
    - if via space master copy & pasted oxyGen in the grid works again

So it seems to be another one merge block issue with the 166 stable.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.