1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

1.175 Never-ending Hype Train (Every Update Speculation Thread)

Discussion in 'General' started by TehGM, Nov 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. odizzido

odizzido Junior Engineer

What I want to see this week is a fix for the power system(battery before solar) and resource pull/push to function on a grid with welders(assuming that's the problem at least).

2. TehGM

TehGM Apprentice Engineer

Well, I missed 2 weeks this time - I am really sorry! But you know, xmas time, and I got to be in my home country for holidays etc, so I was busy. Like everyone, I think. :p
    But we can go on and speculate for 1.169 now!

3. JD.Horx

JD.Horx Senior Engineer

What I expect in this week is bug fixes
    I hope for:

- fixed timer blocks
    - fixed wheels

some new features I would like to see in the future, one would be sufficient for now:

- revamp of the exploration feature, new factions with spawn groups and stuff to discover, abandoned buildings and stations, nothing to heavy on CPU though
    - new turret with 20cm barrel and he ammo
    - advanced merge block with conveyor
    - Progress on the HUD and visor
    - a 1x1 window with shutter (basically that door sideways + window workaround, just in one block)
    - cross grid communication that would be nice
    - that damn pistol we saw months ago, maybe a personal rocket launcher too...
    - more PvE elements, but most of all more intelligent ones, those that we already have are pretty dumb
    - better explained Visual Scripting Guide, for getting some Player made campaigns out there, I mean, look there are what, two campaigns on the workshop?
    - a damn 1x1 battery for small grid
    - more large and small iterations of blocks e.g. small/large hangar door, small/large antenna, small/large jump drive, small/large landing gear, small/large hydrogen tank

Edit: an updated thruster flame would be nice now that most effects became updated with GPU particle effects. Especially that jet flame looks weird in grey/white

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  4. Forcedminer

Forcedminer Senior Engineer

they did mention doing stuff to survival.

wonder what can be done?
    I'm semi-hoping for something like manually using bottles instead of the easy going auto use bottles.

5. JD.Horx

JD.Horx Senior Engineer

What would using bottles manually add to the gameplay?!?

6. Forcedminer

Immersion.
    the bottles are always used automatically with nothing other than OXYGEN REFILLED or HYDROGEN REFILLED being show on screen.

the action of engineer holding the bottle connecting a hose then turning a valve to refill the suit would be much better.
    as well as being able to use bottles manually when you need instead of automatically when the value drops low enough.

like say you're in your small ship and have an oxygen generator or you're elsewhere on your large ship away from the medical room and you're near the ships oxygen generator.
    wouldn't it not be nice to be able to top off your suits oxygen/hydrogen there and then instead of having to go to the nearest medical room or Cryo Chamber instead?

7. Regn

Regn Trainee Engineer

I think that there's about 99 bugs in the code so far, 99 bugs in the code.
    That they will take one down, and patch it around, so that we'll have 133 bugs in the code.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Forcedminer

anyone that has ever done heavy skyrim modding know that all too well.

install one...it breaks one
    reinstall the broken one....breaks another one
    run FNIS again
    have to install that other one
    another broken one.....reinstall
    run FNIS again

then the golden state is achieved when all the mods just work and its like a house of cards that nobody is allowed touch.

9. russo_bolado

russo_bolado Junior Engineer

You don't actually need animations for everything. Take Fallout 4, for instance: when you use Stimpaks, you actually see the needle being injected, but when you eat food or use other drugs, you just hear them being consumed (or see, depending on the drug's visual effect).

I'd rather prefer that Keen invests time in reload animations and improve the character model (if you use the Grinder in 3rd person, the character's arm will stretch) rather than animate bottle recharging.

EDIT: MINOR TYPOS

10. Leadfootslim

Leadfootslim Senior Engineer

Couldn't you view a manual bottle animation as a "reload"? I'd be all for it if it's a single keypress and doesn't take more than a few seconds.

My biggest wish for the next patch is a fix to some of the models - specifically Catwalks. However, I'd prefer the current models kept as variations for those who want them.

If survival is getting balance and gameplay reworks, I really want there to be (an option for) more interesting respawn mechanics - such as consuming large quantities of Oxygen to respawn an Engineer, making telecloning/suicide-respawn less appealling. That, or just make it so you respawn at the medbay nearest you, rather than being able to teleport to another planet via respawn.

11. russo_bolado

russo_bolado Junior Engineer

Whoops, sorry. I was going to mention "weapon reload", since our weapons magically reload when their ammo runs out. That ruins immersion a lot.

Automatic bottle recharge, however, doesn't hurt at all - I even think of it more like a convenience. Having to manually recharge every 15 minutes or so becomes a chore IMHO rather than immersion.

12. Forcedminer

something that makes the engineer slower/weaker and/or unable to pilot ships for a short amount of time after respawning......a sort of move around inactive respawn timer....
    or a respawn animation/timer that everyone will grow really sick of..example in the video...a true sci-fi classic even though space engineers isn't suppose to be super sci-fi
    but will prevent engineers aggressively respawning and throwing themselfs at overwelming odds until their medicenter is destoryed.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Commander Rotal

Commander Rotal Master Engineer

So, Beta. Armor still looks like crap. Tapping still doesn't work. At this point my expectations have deteriorated to the point where i'd be content if the forum could stop it with the fucking snowing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. FlakMagnet

FlakMagnet Senior Engineer

I feel your pain .... and would add the annoying survival inability to place down small grid landing gear and have them lock, rotors not updating reliably and needing a 'kick' sometimes to get settings changed and the ongoing brokeness of merge blocks.

And yeah....enough with the snow....

15. rexxar

rexxar Senior Engineer

This week all your dreams will come true

16. Veritas

Veritas Apprentice Engineer

I tend to dream big. Maybe not like Tapping or 1:1 Babylon 5 big, but I dream of epic fleets with varied weaponry and dozens of drone fighters.... with no lag or Sim Speed drop. I'll hold you to that. :p

17. JD.Horx

JD.Horx Senior Engineer

Tapping? Like in Amanda Tapping?
    What is this about Rotal? Pushing the total block limit? Full size DS9?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  18. doncdxx

doncdxx Apprentice Engineer

Even this one I have where Jesus Christ is jackhammering Mickey Mouse in the doo-doo hole with a lawn dart as Garth Brooks gives birth to something resembling a cheddar cheese log with almonds on Santa Claus's tummy-tum?

19. JD.Horx

JD.Horx Senior Engineer

Well, that escalated instantaneously.

20. Commander Rotal

[​IMG]

21. Hemp Plan[e]t

Hemp Plan[e]t Apprentice Engineer

i wish small conveyor junctions on DS fixed :(

22. AutoMcD

AutoMcD Senior Engineer

He said dreams, not nightmares

23. sacksquatch

sacksquatch Trainee Engineer

Pls let it be AI related. Like some of that campaign juicyness.

24. Zoladen

Zoladen Apprentice Engineer

Wait, someone else had this dream too?

So there are others...

• Funny Funny x 1
  25. Commander Rotal

Block Limit is already well and firmly pushed; apparently too much for Keen's liking. I do have a plan for something considerably bigger than the Tapping for when the thought of playing SE doesn't make me want to not play SE anymore, but for the time being i'll just sit back and try not to get pissed.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Asdf-U-Ninja

Asdf-U-Ninja Trainee Engineer

I'm pretty sure DiCaprio would not want a role in this version of Inception.

• Funny Funny x 2
  27. sammyvoncheese

sammyvoncheese Apprentice Engineer

I hope and pray they just fix the bug where timer/sesor blocks lose their actions when projected and built from a blueprint. This is blocking any machines that print/build stuff automajically..

28. Sarekh

Sarekh Senior Engineer

You, you play with our feelz! Come one, bugfixes and the Marekini picture or riot!

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. TehGM

TehGM Apprentice Engineer

WELP guess it's no surprise I disappeared again. Happens. But don't worry, I was not appearing in other 'things' as well - EVE Online included, corp is gonna kill me!
    (No, they love me actually)

But anyway, let's jump to 1.172...
    I personally hope we'll start getting more survival-kind things, also off-planets - I bought SE for my brother some time ago. We started playing, but yeah, something survival-ish would be nice.

30. AutoMcD

AutoMcD Senior Engineer

I want to see the airtight block changes rolled into the stable build

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.