1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

1.170.004 DEV, SP, Save File Corruption

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by dedendz, Jan 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. dedendz

dedendz Trainee Engineer

Long explination.

I loaded in a world I have been working on for about a week now. Survival mode.

Got tired of not knowing what was under those small dark patches (not the large dark patches with ore, the smaller ones, usually have ice)

Saved the game.

Went into admin options, enabled creative mode tools.

Used voxel hand to quickly clear the dirt, saw the ice.

Used the voxel hand again, put in all types of Ice to figure out which ones do not register on ore detectors (only the material called Ice_01 is detectable)

Exited game without saving.

Go to reload game without the hole I made with the voxel hand, and now the world file is corrupted.

Go to a backup save, again, world file corrupted.

Needed to go to the third backup save before I found a world file that was not corrupted.

Attempted to re-save the non corrupted world, as well as create a second save Worldname_BACKUP which usually creates a whole new save file.

No new save file was created in the normal Load screen, instead the new file with _Backup was created in the backups, and the main save file did not overrite and the world says Corrupted when attempting to load.

Loaded up the backup I know was working, saved again, did not work. Save file still corrupted.

Go into backup saves, click on the file I know is working, click Save As and rename the world WHAT THE F

New save file was created in the regular Load screen.

New save file works and is not corrupted.

2. MarioPL98

MarioPL98 Trainee Engineer

Same here. All 169 saves are corrupted after saving on 170.

3. dedendz

dedendz Trainee Engineer

Are you able to restore any using the backup saves?

Select the world you wish to load, at the bottom-left corner you can click on BACKUPS, try restoring an older copy of the save file, re-read my first post so you can see how I ended up making it work. You might lose some progress but that beats losing it all.

4. MarioPL98

MarioPL98 Trainee Engineer

Yes, I am able to restore but after restoring and saving again the save is corrupted. I just discovered that cockbit is causing some troubles. I'm gonna try to remove all cockpits from the game and try again.

EDIT after removing cockpits I was able to load save
    EDIT2 I posted this temporary solution on reddit
    EDIT3 Discovered now that rebuilded cockpits work. Just remove old ones and place new.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.