1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. The forum will be closing soon permanently. Please read the announcement here

Note: User registration has been closed. We do not accept any new accounts.

01_168_006 STABLE: Severe performance issues

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by [PSI] BC, Jan 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. [PSI] BC

[PSI] BC Trainee Engineer

Symptoms:
    1) SE takes an incredibly long time to load the contents of mods. Normally, a world with 38 mods takes 2-5 minutes, but I left the system running for over 44 minutes before I got into the world. Ever time I viewed the log file, it was saying that it was loading this or that block from such and such mod.
    2) G menu takes a very long time to open - again, with a high number of mods, a slow initial response is selected, but this time, it took so long that Windows asked me if I wanted to close the program because it wasn't responding.
    3) Up to a minute passes between typing a search in the G menu and getting results
    4) Right-clicking on a block in the G-menu to select it triggers another lengthy pause for thought

Also, these symptoms were not there yesterday. Please stop pushing code to the Stable branch before it has been tested and verified as stable. Thanks.

2. NoThanks

NoThanks Apprentice Engineer

I'm not sure what branch you are playing on guy, but I haven't gotten an update of steam for SE's STABLE Branch in at least a month. If your game is spontaneously updating itself I think you may have another issue.

3. tyriael_soban

tyriael_soban Apprentice Engineer

my standard world plays with 32 mods, g-menu takes about 10 seconds to load for me and i load the dev 1.171 version on a 2 yearold laptop in 2 mins ... so im not sure what youre doing to achieve a 44 min load time.
    It is highly likely that one of your mods is the root cause, trial and error them in various combinations.

4. [PSI] BC

[PSI] BC Trainee Engineer

It might actually be my computer having personal problems - I've tried it with no mods, and it still seems to take ages.

However, I stand by the frequent changes to the build - if you have your PC set to auto-update SE, there will be no sign that someone has pooped out more bad code until a new bug bites you on the nose :p
    --- Automerge ---
    Are you sure Steam is set to auto-update SE? That might be your problem right there. Keen openly announced some new releases to the STABLE branch over the last several weeks, and there have been unanounced changes between and before. On at least one occasion, a particularly agregious bug "mysteriously" vanished the next day.

5. NoThanks

NoThanks Apprentice Engineer

Yes, my steam auto-updates. And when I Get home from work I can see if it downloaded anything across the day. The main way I know there haven't been any "invisible" updates to the STABLE branch in several weeks is I have a payed hosted server that does NOT automatically update. So when I go home and try and log in, and I have to update my server before I can play I know there was an invisible update, and the last time my server was actually updated I believe was 12/30/16, so we haven't had a new update since then at least ( I was playing on the server briefly earlier this week without having to update my server.)

I would really love to see your version changes between these pushed out invisible updates. Now... if they are pushing code without changing version numbers, that honestly wouldn't surprise me even in the slightest.

If they don't fix SOMETHING on stable branch this week I'm uninstalling and not looking back.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.