1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Flickering Displays

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by volten8720, Mar 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. volten8720

volten8720 Trainee Engineer

Hi first of all I duly searched for this issue and the result was about a grav gen. Nothing to do with displays flickering or otherwise. Now, my new issue is all my LCD/Displays are flickering. Once a while that stops, but 99 percent of the time they flicker making it hard to read them. It is both just text based and script output.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. oleando

oleando Apprentice Engineer

Are you playing creative or survival?
    If survival, is your power supply high and stable?
    If creative blame keen.

3. Urablahblah

Urablahblah Apprentice Engineer

I've seen this also on my SP survival world. Not fun.

4. punkatron

punkatron Trainee Engineer

Can confirm this also, and more. Sometimes the lcd display will vanish entirely, for random periods of time, and I've also seen displays switch places. For example one display scripted to show components for exmaple, will instead suddenly display the content of a different, neighbouring screen, one perhaps showing oxygen levels. It's weird and unpredicatable behaviour that is pretty annoying.

5. gchristopher

gchristopher Apprentice Engineer

When welding a projected ship, I somehow managed to weld two LCDs in the same location, so in that block position, there was one unfinished LCD and one displaying the text. It flickered like you describe. When I ground one down and welded the LCD that appeared once the first one was gone, the issue appeared to be resolved.

I don't know if that's the same thing as here, but it was an identical symptom.

6. volten8720

Power high and stable.Survival using Space Must. Flickering does stop once a while.

7. Tigerstripe

Tigerstripe Apprentice Engineer

8. volten8720

No. My problem is they actually flicker.It's not even on and off it is more like a tearing effect. Actually. I am noticing it on buttons now and the maintenance tunnel mod. There are textures conflicting it appears.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.