1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

[1.178 to 1.181.3] LCD panels dim randomly

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Tigerstripe, Mar 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Tigerstripe

Tigerstripe Apprentice Engineer

That old bug with the LCD panels randomly losing their emissive brightness is back again. They tend to get their brightness back randomly too, but soon lose it again, back & forth. This is making them quite difficult to read.

Affects all LCD panels; all variants, all grid sizes, ships and stations alike.

Observed in Survival SP, planet world and asteroid-only world.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Tigerstripe

This is still occurring in 1.179.103.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Izion

Izion Trainee Engineer

Yep this one can be a little frustrating, looking away and back to the lcd seems to sometimes work.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Syncaidius

Syncaidius Junior Engineer

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. muke

muke Trainee Engineer

Really annoying error still happening in 1.179.2

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Tigerstripe

Yep, saw this last night.

7. Syncaidius

Syncaidius Junior Engineer

Bump. Please get it fixed. LCDs are close to useless with this bug. They're impossible to read while dimmed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Tigerstripe

STILL a major issue, Keen!

9. Ivan Trunov

Ivan Trunov Trainee Engineer

Bug still exists. Additionally new Eye adaptation bug appeared... I think these two are related to each other.
    It seems that lighting in general is not working properly on AMD video cards.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Leonexis

Leonexis Trainee Engineer

Issue exists for me on 1.180.022 on both R7 and RX series AMD cards. Been driving me bonkers for weeks..

11. Tigerstripe

Still a problem in 1.180.1 minor.

Please fix this one soon...

12. Tigerstripe

Still happening in 1.180.202

13. Leonexis

Still happening in 1.180.306

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. hlws

hlws Tester Staff

Hi guys,
    I was trying to reproduce the issue but unsuccessfully. Maybe the issue is when the LCDs are displaying some script? Anyway, If you have world where the bug is happening, it would be very helpful for investigating the issue.
    Thank you for your feedback and have a nice day :)

15. Tigerstripe

It happens on all LCDs, used for scripts and not, whenever they are showing text. Switching the LCD off and back on sometimes restores full brightness, and sometimes not, but never for very long.

It's also happening on every world I've tried, including brand-new ones made in 1.180.3xx ...so it seems to be a game-wide issue, not related to any specific world or object within the world.

It does seem to be slightly better since the eye-adaptation bug was fixed, but minimally so... and this bug pre-dates that other one by several weeks anyway.

16. Fweds

Fweds Trainee Engineer

Hi, same issue here :(

Same as Trigerstripe, happens on all LCDs, with script or not...

Please fix it !!!

17. sconnary32

sconnary32 Trainee Engineer

I had my text not showing up on my LCD's if I viewed from an angle. This was on a dedicated survival server. So unsure if it was just the server because I cannot replicate in my test world.

18. Fweds

Fweds Trainee Engineer

Try many graphics setup but always same issue... :(

Only with AMD video cards ? Someone as the same bug on NVIDIA ?

19. m.stitek

m.stitek Trainee Engineer

Hi guys,

I have the same issue on my computer with Radeon HD7850. I also have notebook with GeForce 1050Ti so I joined the MP world I regularly play on. Result is I didn't notice a single event of LCD dimming on seven displays during 30 minutes using NVidia card. So my conclusion is that this affects only AMD cards. Game version: 1.180.3. Please Keen, fix this issue. It's very annoying and greatly diminish the value of LCDs.

20. I23I7

I23I7 ME Tester

Alright so i tried putting a sensor in on a block. It did not have duplicated fields. Get me a screenshot of the issue and maybe we can get into solving because right now we have nothing to go on to report i properly.
    --- Automerge ---
    Ups wrong post. Anywa for the LCD panels i tried looking at few different ones with different colors selected and see if they dim i could not get the same effect as in the video to reproduce. Are you using mods or anything?

21. Fweds

Fweds Trainee Engineer

I'm not using mods or anything else. It seems it's only with AMD cards...

22. m.stitek

m.stitek Trainee Engineer

To test it properly I went completely vanilla (no mods or scripts). AMD card = dimming, NVidia = no dimming. I tested it in multiplayer and in singleplayer. Same Results.

23. I23I7

I23I7 ME Tester

Well i will have to swap my cards to get to reproduce. Thanks guys!

24. Leonexis

Thanks for trying to reproduce this bug. It seems that there are many issues that pop up on AMD cards only or more often compared with NVIDIA cards. You guys do have permanent rigs to develop and test with AMD cards before every release, right? ;)

25. I23I7

I23I7 ME Tester

We do but not all AMDs and they get swapped around.

26. Tigerstripe

I should hope you'd have a mix of machines with AMD and Nvidia cards, rather than all one or the other. Nvidia gets a lot more publicity, so it seems as if a lot of game developers treat them as the market majority they should focus on, almost to the point of tunnel vision. In reality, although AMD is right now trailing Nvidia a bit in terms of market share, they've still got a huge percentage (around 30%, and growing), and it wasn't too long ago when Nvidia was #2 behind AMD... so developers really need to focus equally on both.

But yeah, it sure would be nice if the card makers would agree to standardize things between them, at least to the point where their driver packages behaved the same way when they run the same software.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  27. I23I7

I23I7 ME Tester

Which is never gonna happen but yeah it would be a nice world to live in.

28. Sero93

Sero93 Trainee Engineer

AMD R9 390 here....
    Same problem, i have some screenshots if it helps.
    [​IMG]
    Note: exactly same settings on both LCDs and the lighting in the ship is symmetrical!
    i was lucky that one of them bugged out and the other not. They switched from time to time their role but in the end i have got some decent sreens of the problem:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  29. I23I7

I23I7 ME Tester

We are unto it so just keep bumping me up here and eventually when the rendre team forks up a fix ill give you guys a heads up about it

• Like Like x 3
  30. Tigerstripe

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.