1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

[01.180.3] Weird raycasting bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by crashandburn, May 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. crashandburn

crashandburn Trainee Engineer

So I had a piece of code using the raycasting function of the camera that worked earlier this week. After today's update however it suddenly refused to find any entity through raycasting. So I rebuild the code from scratch and it worked again.. even though the code was exactly the same!
    I then did some more work on the rest of the code while the whole time the raycasting worked as intended. So all was well... or maybe not.
    At some point I made a copy of the ship (with perfectly working code), pasted it in and.... raycasting did not work. However the original ship was still working perfectly!!!
    So I did some debugging and found out that for some reason CanScan(double distance) returns false on the copy even though both ships are exact copies sitting right next to each other raycasting to the exact same object.
    I also pasted in a random blueprint, put a programmable block on it, pasted the code in and... nothing. Raycasting does not work. :S

2. hlws

hlws Tester Staff

Hi,
    Thank you for your feedback. Please, can you upload the blueprint of the simple scene, where this is happening? It would be very helpuful. Maybe with a little description what to do to reproduce the issue.
    Thanks and have a nice day :)

3. crashandburn

4. crashandburn

Problem is still present in 1.180.401. The ship that used to work now doesn't work anymore either (stopped working before the 401 update) and I have changed nothing to the code.

5. I23I7

I23I7 ME Tester

Hey thanks for the code but the blueprint would make it much faster to get reported and fixed.

6. crashandburn

7. I23I7

I23I7 ME Tester

Thank you we will look into it :)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.