1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Is the Escape Capsule respawn new?

Discussion in 'General' started by Flux Faraday, Jun 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Flux Faraday

Flux Faraday Trainee Engineer

I can't find any documentation for it here or on the wiki. I'm curious if it has parachutes, and if so, how to deploy them. (Otherwise it crashes and doesn't have enough stuff to build an assembler)

2. Roxette

Roxette Senior Engineer

Documentation? There's no such thing, for this game. There are several wikis, none of which are of any value, because people stopped maintaining them because there are so many random undocumented changes to the game every week.

If you mean the stock spawn ship called "Escape Pod" :

[​IMG]

... then no, it has no parachutes, there are no such things in the stock game, although there is a mod that adds a functional parachutes : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=644104483

Like most of the default spawnships, the 'escape capsule' has insufficient material to safely start a game with, and spawns by default in the gravity well of the planet, dooming the occupant to a non-survivable crash unless it's immediately piloted all the way out of gravity....

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Flux Faraday

Yep. That's the ship. Ok. I hope it's a WIP, and will land with the regular atmospheric lander next time. Oh, and by 'documentation' I actually meant notes in the change log, wiki, or discussions on this board. It's still too early to have a proper manual :)

4. REDSHEILD

REDSHEILD Junior Engineer

The escape pod has existed for a few years now. I think it was introduced in late 2014 or so.

5. Flux Faraday

>The escape pod has existed for a few years now

That's amazing. If you search this site like so: site:forum.keenswh.com "escape capsule"
    you get almost nothing.

6. FlakMagnet

FlakMagnet Senior Engineer

I did actually once land this thing without being killed. ..... but it is useless as a start point for a survival game.

Parachutes are in development ( we have seen previews and teasers ) but are not actually released as part of the vanilla game yet. Soon....maybe....but not yet. As it stands right now, the thing is not usable as it is just going to wreck itself on landing.

As far as documentation goes, this is something I have complained about more than once.

Main releases get documented in terms of features and bugfixes. Hotfixes never get anything. The Wiki is poorly maintained, well...actually it's totally ignored, but there are a few guys trying to do something about that. Not Keen....just players who want to make it actually usable. Anyone can help with that. It's a pretty massive undertaking.

There is a wealth of info out there, but it's virtually impossible to keep track of. Some gets out on Discord, some on streams, some on here, some on Steam.....but never in one place.....and unless you spend half your life in SE-Land, you will always miss stuff.

7. odizzido

odizzido Junior Engineer

I tried to update the wiki once. It required email verification but had an error every time I tried to get it to send one.

8. Flux Faraday

Well that figures. It's called an Escape Pod, not an Escape Capsule. So, I was searching for the wrong term anyway. Roxette even named it correctly, but I missed it until now. Still, it's not ready for prime time :)

9. REDSHEILD

REDSHEILD Junior Engineer

I think the purpose behind it was to have a short cool down respawn ship if you died without a medbay and wanted to try and get back to your stuff.

10. Soup Toaster

Soup Toaster Apprentice Engineer

Weird thing is, if it had just 4 more computers you could actually use it as a respawn vehicle. As it is you still can use it as a respawn, you just need to survive long enough to capture a cargo ship.

11. Roxette

Roxette Senior Engineer

... or a pirate base ^.^

12. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin

Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

It would help if we had one wiki, not two. Each has information on it that the other doesn't.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.