1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Bad Stuttering after update 1.182.0 - Major Update

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Daniel_Blake, Jul 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Daniel_Blake

Daniel_Blake Trainee Engineer

When i got an update i went straight in to the game like i normally would with any form of SE updated, to then find once i got in to a save of mine (10 ish minutes later) the game is shuddering a lot wen the character moves and that my sim speed was worse than what i was prior to the update.

I dug around a little more to see that now my CPU is sitting around 86%-89% usage and when the character moves it peeks to 100% causing the sim speed to drop and so on.
    The world i loaded up was just any other generic star system with a ship i had been working on roughly the same size that was shown in the update video. (with all ships combined) The ship on the save is about 20163 blocks (Large Grid). It use to work fine before this update.

Hardware Specs of my system are as follow.
    CPU: Intel Core i5 4460S
    GPU: GeForce GTX 960
    With 16 GB duel channel DDR3 RAM
    And then the other general stuff like HDD and so on.
    --- Automerge ---
    Though i do have to add, letting the game run for about 12 minutes it seems to have mellowed out a bit on the stuttering. but still there slightly.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  2. Thrak

Thrak Junior Engineer

Might want to see if there's a background process running? Like a Windows update or something?

3. Forcedminer

Forcedminer Senior Engineer

i might suggest booting that save if in creative with copy/pasting enabled.

make a blueprint of it and start a new game.....just encase somehow theres some old coding or stuff in that world and it needs a new world to load the new stuff...

4. Riddell

Riddell Trainee Engineer

The stuttering is especially bad in the Easy Start World

5. XkyDiver

XkyDiver Apprentice Engineer

Confirming strange stuttering issues. Upon connecting to our Dedicated Server, the game stuttered heavily as it loaded resources--after ~5 minutes in-game, performance was back to 0.181.x performance levels. However, after ~40 minutes in the server, client memory use ballooned to the point of several long freezes leading to complete computer lockup. :(

Stuttering seemed to be exacerbated by loading new voxel data (i.e. piloting across the surface of a planet) but was present regardless of distance traveled.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.