1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

[1.171 DEV] Ore falls through ship

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by quyxkh, Jan 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. quyxkh

quyxkh Trainee Engineer

Start with the Star System, pick the respawn ship, boost up to an asteroid, collect some uranium to go on, build a collector basket, and ...

The log:

The mod is just

quyxkh@quyxkhbox MINGW64 /e/Steam/steamapps/common/SpaceEngineers
    $ find ~/AppData/Roaming/SpaceEngineers/Mods/No\ Motion\ Sparklies/
    /c/Users/quyxkh/AppData/Roaming/SpaceEngineers/Mods/No Motion Sparklies/
    /c/Users/quyxkh/AppData/Roaming/SpaceEngineers/Mods/No Motion Sparklies/Data
    /c/Users/quyxkh/AppData/Roaming/SpaceEngineers/Mods/No Motion Sparklies/Data/Environment.sbc
    @
    $ git diff Content/Data/Environment.sbc ~/AppData/Roaming/SpaceEngineers/Mods/No\ Motion\ Sparklies/Data/Environment.sbc
    diff --git a/Content/Data/Environment.sbc b/C:/Users/quyxkh/AppData/Roaming/SpaceEngineers/Mods/No Motion Sparklies/Data/Environment.sbc
    index 816505f..0134630 100644
    --- a/Content/Data/Environment.sbc
    +++ b/C:/Users/quyxkh/AppData/Roaming/SpaceEngineers/Mods/No Motion Sparklies/Data/Environment.sbc
    @@ -444,9 +444,9 @@
    </Color>
    <MaxSpawnDistance>10</MaxSpawnDistance>
    <DespawnDistance>15</DespawnDistance>
    - <Density>0.0000235</Density>
    - <MaxLifeTime>1500</MaxLifeTime>
    - <MaxParticles>128</MaxParticles>
    + <Density>0.0000001</Density>^M
    + <MaxLifeTime>1</MaxLifeTime>^M
    + <MaxParticles>1</MaxParticles>^M
    </ParticleType>
    <ParticleType>
    <Id>
    @
    $

Edit: just tried it with no mod to be sure, new world, same thing exactly.

Here's the save: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3BGQdoSFUWMR1YxMlhTNE8yeE0

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  2. quyxkh

quyxkh Trainee Engineer

Fixed in 1.173, thanks.

3. quyxkh

quyxkh Trainee Engineer

This is back as of 1.182.018. Slightly different symptoms, but trying to build the simplest collector basket simply doesn't work, the ore either sits in the basket or dribbles through to the interior of the ship.

4. hlws

hlws Tester Staff

Hi guys,
    Thank you for your feedback. I was not able to reproduce the issue, please can you upload a world where the issue is happening? Thank you and have a nice day :)

5. quyxkh

quyxkh Trainee Engineer

(edit: thought it was gone, but nope. it was only gone because dropping ore onto the collector clanged and destroyed the refinery, which I hadn't noticed the first time. On restart I saw the refinery was gone, thought a meteor storm had managed to thread the needle and hit it through the cave opening, and restarted (this is now three new Star System worlds in a row). Found uranium, dropped the ore on the collector (no basket, completely unaltered respawn ship doing literally the first thing you have to do in survival), Clang. So then I decided okay, let's make a save and a video, but while getting there windows killed SE for short-on-storage. That's four in a row. I've got 16GB and a 1060. Not sure I'm going to try again.)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  6. quyxkh

quyxkh Trainee Engineer

While doing every thing except get collected, ore destroys the ship:

The save:

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.