1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

No skins in 150+ crates, i doubt this is bad RNG

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Elementalism, Aug 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Elementalism

Elementalism Trainee Engineer

(Possibly fixed, more info in a post below)

On day one of the new patch i got 3 skins (probably about one in 5 crates), however since then i have not gotten any.
    I read there was a 3 skin limit every 24 hours, but its been 2 full days since my last drop.

People have been reporting drop rates of one in 6-8 crates, so at this point i doubt its bad RNG.

Things that may be related to this issue:
    I have bought skins (veteran skins to sell later), maybe it thinks i got those from looting.
    I have opened excessive amounts of crates (since i wasn't aware of a max per day)
    I had creative tools enabled for a while to test to make sure there was no exploit with copy-pasting, at which point i was opening them at an unusually high rate, which may have triggered a measure against exploiting.
    I have several SE items on the community market that are pending (since i don't use the Steam authenticator)

Things i have tried to fix it:
    Different world
    Creating a new world
    Tried both space and ground crates
    Enabling/disabling spacemaster/admin options that may be seen as cheating
    Restarting the game
    Restarting the PC
    Try again in 24 hours.
    Reinstalling
    Try on multiplayer servers
    Disabling mods

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Tal Raeth

Tal Raeth Trainee Engineer

Got the same. No skin drops since Thursday night.

Don't think I did creative tools, but I haven't bought or put any skins on the market.

Is a bit frustrating.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mygira

Mygira Trainee Engineer

Same here. Got 3 Skins with the first 10 container, after that nothing. My counter is atm at 167 container (you can see this in your sandbox.sbc: ContainerIdSmall>167</ContainerIdSmall

After receiving the first 3 Skins, i had to enable creative to fix some things at my base, deactivated it after 10min, maybe this is the point that the UserID is then banned from this loot-system to prevent cheating ?

-made a new world to check it out, same, 50+ crates and nothing.
    -restart Pc / Steam, relogged steam.
    -checked steam in Firewall
    -tested in SP and MP

Bugreport is out. Hope it will be fixed soon, its just frustrating.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  4. XkyDiver

XkyDiver Apprentice Engineer

More information on the maximum number of drops per week would be nice. I'm beginning to suspect that's going to be the reset rate.

5. Mygira

Mygira Trainee Engineer

Current counter: 379 Container and still nothing, 3 days in a row no luck ? cmon !

Friend joined my game, 10 container, 2x luck.

It's time that an DEV or OFFICIAL give us an answer here, we need answers WHY some ppl didn't get anything !

6. PeterHammerman

PeterHammerman Junior Engineer

Same :) 3 items since update

7. zorgkirill

zorgkirill Apprentice Engineer

Only three items after update, same thing =D

8. Elementalism

Elementalism Trainee Engineer

I finally found a cow drill, so it may be fixed, please let me know if you guys are getting drops again as well.

Will open some more to see what happens.

Update: after opening 15 boxes i got 2 additional skins.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  9. XkyDiver

XkyDiver Apprentice Engineer

I got three items on Thursday, and three additional items on Sunday. It seems the cooldown is at least 48 hours.

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Master Engineer

It's always in the one you never open...

For anyone with ocd this fact will kill you.

:woot:

11. I23I7

I23I7 ME Tester

Hey guys,

can i point out that there are "green" crates and "yellow crates". Yellow crates have a higher chance of giving you a skin because they are "competitive loot crates" aka they only appear when on a server with someone.....

Have fun....

*And thus began the age of Crate Wars*

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Tal Raeth

Tal Raeth Trainee Engineer

It doesn't seem to be a matter of which crates we activate. I was able to get a skin drop every 4-5 green crates on Thursday, but then nothing. Now I'm seeing a few people get skins again. Seems to be a limit of 3 skins per every 3 days, then you hit your limit and get no more until the timer resets.

With those odds, Would probably be better to space them out, say 1 skin possibility every 1 day vs. 3 every 3 days?

Have yet to see a yellow crate, but then I only play SP now.

• Like Like x 2
  13. I23I7

I23I7 ME Tester

What part of my comment did you not read. Yellow crates only appear on MP when at least 2 players are present. The more players the higher the chance of spawning a yellow crate. Green crates have a VERY LOW chance of dropping something. Yellow ones other hand have a higher chance :)

14. specterk

specterk Trainee Engineer

I am having the same experience as the OP, except much, much worse.
    I don't use mods, launchers, any custom changes to game files, etc. - this is 100% vanilla.

Day 1 of patch: found 2 skins in a brand new survival world, after opening a total of 8 drops. Then, I opened another 52 in a row, with no skins.

Today:
    - Since that first day, I've opened a total of 391 drops.
    - Across 7 new single-player survival worlds (all biomes I could think of, plus different multiplayer settings in case it made a difference)
    - And on 2 public survival servers (47 drops with over 5 others present in-game at time, including a dozen or so Strong unknown signals)
    - With ~24-26 hours between play sessions, playing 2-3 hours each day since the patch.
    - And have found NO MORE SKINS BEYOND THE FIRST 2 FROM THE VERY FIRST DAY.

For the last 330ish attempts and since the 2nd day of attempts, I haven't even turned on creative tools in-game for any of the single-player survival worlds. (I turned it on in my original world only, and only after the first stretch of a few dozen empty drops, to see if I could "fix" via experimentation whatever might've gone wrong with the system).

tl;dr 0 skins in 383 drops over the course of 6-7 days now.
    Whatever is going on here... it's broken.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Zilver

Zilver Trainee Engineer

tl;dr 0 skins in 383 drops over the course of 6-7 days now.
    Whatever is going on here... it's broken.[/QUOTE]

That is really strange Specterk.

I found 3 skins at the start and then nothing more for 3 to 4 days then again 3 skins.
    I tryed every day 10-20 more crates and found a total of 9 since the update.
    the pattern seems for me 3 skins every 3-4 days.

16. I23I7

I23I7 ME Tester

Alright i have already started reporting weird reports for the loot system having issues. I took you stats and added to the report so thank you for that. Anyone else experiencing this if within 4 or 3 day you do not get at least one skin just go ahead and mention it pleas to me in PM so i can get a idea how bad it is.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.