1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

[1.186.3] Small Ship Welder consuming too many materials.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Leatherneck, Feb 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Leatherneck

Leatherneck Apprentice Engineer

Was welding a simple light armor block and noticed it was using 200 Steel Plates and not 25.

Unmodded Game.

Hosted Game.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. piratep2r

piratep2r Trainee Engineer

Check to see if you own the welders and are in admin mode. On our server, we discovered a bug where admins who triggered their spacemaster caused welders to "eat" materials like crazy, just chugging them down until the block was completed, regardless of the actual material cost of the block.

This was a consistent problem that we could instantly trigger or stop by admins switching in and out of admin mode. note - it only applied when the admin in question owned the welder block.

Long shot, this may not be your problem, but worth checking?

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Leatherneck

Leatherneck Apprentice Engineer

Interesting. I had triple checked to see if I was in "Creative Mode" when testing this just to ensure it wasn't that. Are you saying it gets "stuck" in Spacemaster? As I have dropped in/out of it for cleanup, and it would explain why there are not 300 posts about it. The welder in question was a "Shared w/ Faction" block.

I found it strange because the hand welder and large ship welder was not exhibiting the same behavior. You are describing nearly identical behavior, however. I will test it again when I get home later and put that theory to the test for my own sanity.

4. piratep2r

piratep2r Trainee Engineer

any luck with the testing? (also sorry for the delay).

also to answer your question, the issue happens in survival worlds with spacemaster enabled.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  5. Zhiila

Zhiila Tester Staff

Hi,

I was able to reproduce the bug @piratep2r mentioned. While I had creative tools on, it was consuming much more components than needed.

I made a ticket and someone will look at it soon.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.