1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Important Update 1.191 - Build Planner, Small Grid Cryo Pod and Style Pack

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Jun 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Daerqueside

Daerqueside Trainee Engineer

A nice list of fixes, etc. As for the DLCs, it is not a bad thing at all to have the occasional 'additional content' for those who want to buy it. My question, however, is this (Salt free, to help keep our collective sodium levels down. A healthy engineer is a productive engineer, after all!):

Medieval Engineers got a major update back in February, and since then there was been next to nothing said in those forums until the announcement that Deepflame, the Project Lead for Medieval Engineers, was leaving KSH. Questions are being asked over in those forums, and no answers are being given at all which is leading many of us that love and support BOTH games to think that Medieval Engineers (ME) is slowly but surely being abandoned.

Would someone there at KSH give any sort of feedback on the future of ME, please? Even a short note for the moment to say "Soon! (tm)" would be better than nothing at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. mojomann71

mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Is a back and forth. If barely anything is given on the SE side of things, and lots of updates and activity on ME side, the people come out of the woodwork saying SE has been abandoned.
    There was a big stretch of time where ME seemed to be getting all the "love". Be patient I am sure big things are coming to ME.

3. Cetric

Cetric Junior Engineer

I think I read somewhere the two teams have been joined into one. What that means for Medieval Engineers I don't know.

4. Daerqueside

That is exactly why I posed the inquiry. Even if they were to say that ME's development was to be put on hold for a bit while they reorganize would be acceptable to me, as we would at least know what was going on, yanno?

5. Roxette

Roxette Senior Engineer

In a recent stream or at the open day, it was apparently announced said in answer to a question that ME is considered 'feature complete' and will only be getting bugfixes in future.

6. Daerqueside

I certainly hope that is not the case, especially since AI was removed from ME outside of barbarian activity. With the emphasis that was made by M.R. regarding GoodAI, I would think that they could 'easily' re-insert the AI NPC implementation for SP at the very least.

Edit: After all, with the implementation of way-point autopilot in SE, along with pirate pathing, drone usage capabilities, etc, much of the ground work/framework should (in theory) just need adjustment for the 2D plane of ME (ground movement) versus the 3D plane of SE (space flight).

7. Stardriver907

Stardriver907 Master Engineer

What we have learned over the last five years is that whatever seems "impossible" turns out to be fairly straightforward, and whatever seems "easy" turns out to be impossible.

SE and ME are two different games, despite the fact that they share a common game engine and physics engine. Since ME's beginning people have said "X" works in one game so when should we expect to see it in the other game because they're the same game, right? I mean, SE uses ME's character face, so there's proof they're the same game.

Well, they're not. There are plenty of people here that will gladly spell out in detail the differences and why they matter. Point is that waiting for something that works in one game to appear in the other is like expecting to win the lottery, except your chances of winning the lottery are better.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Daerqueside

Please do not misunderstand what I was saying. I do not disagree with your statements in the slightest. My only point was that what was once implemented early on was removed, which had my curiosity index pinging as to why no attempt was made (as of yet, in any case) to reinsert it. :) (Regarding NPC AI)

9. Stardriver907

Yeah. There was a time when we could remove our helmets in SE (thus revealing Treebeard as the Face of SE as well). Then, the helmets got welded back on and the best we could get was opening the visor. Lot's of no-brainer features came and went away as the game... improved. They agreed removing the helmet was a good idea, then when they did an update it became impossible.

I think that perhaps making each game work better at what it does has moved the games too far apart. I have ME but I don't play it because it does not scratch my engineering itch the way SE does. Perhaps one day it will, but I'm also sure whatever they do to get it there won't work in SE ;)

10. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I want to dance naked in the grass. With wolves attacking.

11. Roxette

Roxette Senior Engineer

Sokath, his eyes uncovered!

12. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Darmok and Jalad on the ocean.

13. Daerqueside

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra.

14. captainbladej52

captainbladej52 Apprentice Engineer

Shaka when the walls fell

15. Bullet_Force

Bullet_Force Apprentice Engineer

Whens the new weapons pack coming out? That the Update that PVP players care about. So far its been all PVE updates, don't forget us PVP players do play your game.

16. May Rears

May Rears Apprentice Engineer

I believe it is the same DLC pack that the liquid water comes in.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Thrak

Thrak Junior Engineer

They've said there will be enhancements, or updates, made to weapons. They never said, as far as I know, that it will be in the form of DLC. Not sure how they could have weapons DLC without making the game "pay to win."

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Cetric

Cetric Junior Engineer

Weapons as DLC are as toxic, and prone for the pay-to-win reproach, as can be...

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. May Rears

May Rears Apprentice Engineer

Indeed, unless the weapons from such a DLC are exactly the same stats as their current equivalent but different appearances the shouts of P2W will be heard from low orbit, of course this will defeat the object of new weapons in the first place.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Stardriver907

I fear that the impending "economy" they are so excited about could mean that there might be better weapons that you could "purchase" using KeenBucks, or you could buy them, using real money, as DLC. So, you could either "earn" the better weapons or buy them.

I don't see any other good reason for the game to impose a need for currency and a way to earn it other than to sell stuff. I've seen this in other games. You don't have to pay for the good stuff, but earning it will take forever, meanwhile you friends just buy it and dominate you. How fair that is depends on your definition of "fair".

As a server admin I think I would probably have an equivalent mod available to everyone in order to square things up.

21. mleise

mleise Trainee Engineer

Just saying hello and that I find the build planner a huge step forward to the point that I use that exclusively to manage component production. :tu:

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.