1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

To all AMD USERS!!! Maybe hope Freezing problem be Solved.

Discussion in 'General' started by Zombie101, Apr 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Zombie101

Zombie101 Trainee Engineer

I time I been trying solve my problem with computers I have gotten all 3 my computer to play even my 3000 series one.

I did my best point how I solved my problem with my 3800x I'll update my post in a few days as I return my system back to normal setting and watch how it reacts.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/244850/discussions/0/2138588424864049361/

If this help Pass along the info to others!!! Space and the Worlds shall be are again!!!!!

2. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Are again!!

3. Zombie101

Zombie101 Trainee Engineer

My 3800x couldn't even go planet side Earth like with out to freezing my game. Now it have no problem planet side. Players normally update like GPU drivers but not there Chipsets for Ryzen maybe needed get your game to work.

Go AMD site and download Chipsets for your AM4 and MB Series. And play on!!!

4. Warren

Warren Trainee Engineer

I can confirm this... at least on my end. I have a 3700x, AM4 socket, and RX 5700XT. Downloading the newest drivers for AM4 socket has thus far erased the problem, however with one small caveat. The freezing remains no matter what I do on my worlds created before updating the chpiset, only worlds after it are not freezing. So unfortunately I've had to restart my file with 40 some odd hours in it, but I think the trade-off is worth it as before the game was basically unplayable.

Heres hoping for a future fix or whatnot so I can play my old world...

5. RampageRok

RampageRok Trainee Engineer

Unfortunately this hasn't worked for me. I'm still getting freezes (Where S.E. CPU activity falls to near Zero), sometime this is a CTD instead (if i alt tab/use another monitor).

I've just upgraded to a Ryzen 7 3800X (@3.9ghz) and havent touched the OC for it. (On an AM4 socket MB - MSI B450)
    I'm also using a GeForce RTX 2070 Super with 16gb 3200 MHz ram, the game is installed on a m.2 NVME Samsung 970 pro evo.

Have Keen confirmed this is an AMD issue (and not a keen issue on AMD chipsets)?

(I enjoy my Space Engineers and one of the reasons I upgraded my PC was to Play SE in all of its glory!)

6. TodesRitter

TodesRitter Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kielm

Kielm Junior Engineer

Worth sharing this as well, as some people (including myself) have had success with the workaround posted here:

-----
    Go to your library on steam and find the tools tab. Find space engineers - mod sdk and install it. It's a free dev tool that Keen released to everyone. Open its folder and then open Bin64_Profile. Copy VRage.Library.dll. Now open your space enineers folder and paste this .dll in its Bin64 folder. Click yes to replace the existing one.

The only issue seems to be periodic stutter, but I haven't noticed it on my R9 3900X and GTX 1080ti.

Edit: Do be aware that you'll need to replace this .dll file every time the game is updated (or at least each major update).
    -----

8. RampageRok

RampageRok Trainee Engineer

Can confirm this has solved my main issues which were making Space Engineers unplayable.

The fix was also catalogued here: https://support.keenswh.com/spaceen...becomes-unresponsive-occurs-quicker-each-time

Just to hopefully clean up the workflow to fix it, i have put it below.

1. Download 'Space Engineers - Mod SDK' from your Steam "Tools" library.
    2. Locate the following file in the Mod SDK installation.
      %\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineersModSDK\Bin64_Profile\VRage.Library.dll
      %\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineersModSDK\Bin64_Profile\VRage.Platform.Windows.dll
    3. Copy the Files into your Space Engineers Bin64 folder:
      %\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\Bin64
    4. Overwrite the existing files when prompted.

NB:- Currently it appears that this will need to be done after every Space Engineers Update until the issue is resolved by Keen officially.

Thank you to all that worked on this workaround!

9. Scott McAfee

Scott McAfee Trainee Engineer

3600X w/ 5700XT
    I don't understand why this is not worked into an update instead of a being a mod. The game is currently unplayable and it is a very concerning situation that the devs are not taking this major issue very seriously.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.