1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Quick Query on Xbox One Drills

Discussion in 'Help' started by AetherElement, Apr 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. AetherElement

AetherElement Trainee Engineer

As far as I can tell there should exist a mode for drilling with ship mounted drills that destroys a larger area without picking up massive amounts of stone. That being said I am completely unable to find out how to access this mode anyone who can clarify would be greatly appreciated!

2. xJGBxDaRkMaN

xJGBxDaRkMaN Trainee Engineer

You gotta push the G button on your keyboard . I know your stuggle. Im here to figure that out as well. But on a keyboard theres a way to push down right mouse click to mine to get material or left click to just mine to get holes dug quickly with out collecting material. You can do it with your hand drill though. Either double tap or hold right trigger to gather material or double tap or hold left trigger to just mine a hole really fast without getting stuff.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  3. BreezyB

BreezyB Trainee Engineer

Same here. Been looking everywhere for an answer. If you hear or figure it out let me know an I'll do the same.

4. TodesRitter

TodesRitter Moderator

Hey guys,

here is a tutorial about the controlls, maybe you find it there:

5. Monkey_CH

Monkey_CH Trainee Engineer

Doesn't LT not exactly what you want? With RT you get stones, with LT you only dig without getting stones.

6. Average

Average Trainee Engineer

For ships be sure to equip the drill to the hotbar from the ship weapons menu then select it with the dpad then LT to mine larger areas with collecting stone or you press RT to mine and collect what’s being mined.

7. xJGBxDaRkMaN

. How do you put it in the ships hot bar is my question? On PC you push the "G" key.
    --- Automerge ---
    . Ive watched multiple time. How do I add stuff to a stock ships hotbar that i built, not a prebuilt? I can only turn on ships drill from the control panel menu. All the videos ive seen are on PC an they talk about a "G" ket to access a menu to add stuff to your hotbar to control certain thing on your ship. There is no "G" key option for the xbox controller.
    --- Automerge ---
    With a prebuilt ship that I didnt build i can access the drill though the hotbar, but the drop pod doesn't have a drill configured to the hotbar an i can only access the drill in the control panel menu.

8. Average

Average Trainee Engineer

To equip the ship weapons/tools like the drill, all you need to do is just hold down which side in the dpad you’ll want to use to select it for 3 seconds or so then it’ll bring up the same menu as pressing G

• Like Like x 2
  9. xJGBxDaRkMaN

@Average. Yea found out yesterday from someone who replied in one of my threads. Thanks though buddy.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.