1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Any additional news about Weather?

Discussion in 'General' started by mLetalis, Apr 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. mLetalis

mLetalis Trainee Engineer

Hello, I am curious if the weather effects introduced on Triton will be implemented on other planets?

• Like Like x 1
  2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Master Engineer

I would like to know this too... it would be kind of awesome if it actually affected gameplay other than making it hard to see.

3. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I don't know weather this is germane to the discussion, but the forecast is for a 5% chance of wolves on the Earthlike planet, a 100% chance of saberoids on the Alien planet and Titan moon, and 0% chance of anything everywhere else.

4. Ronin1973

Ronin1973 Master Engineer

A sample visually scripted world for weather tied to it would be great. A Youtube tutorial on how to do it would be completely awesome. When you're done, hold a little competition for the best player built maps with weather effects scripted into it. Reinforce the feature that you've incorporated into the game while at the same time giving the new tools a bit of a stress test to see if they are powerful enough. What 3rd parties can do with the platform is going to be the litmus test for the game I think. It was designed as a sandbox and I think it's time to encourage some serious play in it. Let's see if all of these tools can be used to make something sensible.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Master Engineer

Why not have weather tied to the cloud texture that rotates around the planet? then having an invisible zone system that goes with the cloud texture, inside the zone would dictate what weather effect would happen on a planet.

I've already seen someone do something like this in a mod why Keen themselves can't I do not understand, it seems simple enough and if my understanding of it is correct there isn't really a performance loss.... but then again I don't build video games for a living so what do I know.

6. TodesRitter

TodesRitter Moderator

did you check https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers maybe somebody already suggest this idea, if not it would be awesome when you could do it <3

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.