1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Newbie passing by

Discussion in 'General' started by Capt.SkuLL, Apr 17, 2020.

?

Is this game FRESH ? in its PRIME ? or DYING

1. FRESH

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. PRIME

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. DYING

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Capt.SkuLL

Capt.SkuLL Apprentice Engineer

Hello Space Engineers community. i just got this game a week ago and i am enjoying much of it.

I created an account here for the following reasons
    - to Ask for tips and suggestions in game play. so many unknowns at the moment.
    - to report the BUGS i found in the game and hopefully get a "Yes we are fixing it" from the devs.
    - and Give my feedback and suggestions for the game.

I have made my first mining rover. Having issues with the wheels at the moment suddenly locking themselves when making a turn. some balancing issues i could never put enough wheels to the front to carry the drills because the drills are too short. making them longer is just extending my problem further because now the weight is further away. what a dilemma...

i call her Mantis

Thank you and have a nice day !

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. Mollymawk

Mollymawk Apprentice Engineer

nice design! looks great

3. Capt.SkuLL

thanks ! it flips over a lot on turns haha ...

4. TodesRitter

TodesRitter Moderator

5. Capt.SkuLL

Thank you. will do.

6. mojomann71

mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Place a gyro as close to center of mass on your rover and uncheck the option to control from seat (that way moving the mouse doesn't cause unwanted movement while you are driving) you should see that will help with the flipping. Also a wider wheel base will help stabilize your rover.

7. Ronin1973

Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Just because it can go that fast doesn't mean you should drive it that fast. Your vehicle has a high center of gravity, especially when it's full of ore. It also has a narrow wheel base. That's something you want to drive slowly and avoid hilly terrain especially when loaded. You'll probably find most flying miners to be a little more predictable, even though a lot more power hungry in natural gravity. A good flying miner will be able to work at angles too dangerous for a rover and there's less anxiety flying back to unload than there is with driving back.

8. Capt.SkuLL

Thanks ! i didn't even know that gyro works on land base units. i did not use them. ill see if it helps.
    --- Automerge ---
    i have widened the wheels a bit. its more stable on turns now and i made it a habit to reduce speed before gradual turns.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.