Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[0.1044] World file is corrupted and cannot be loaded

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by zorrobyte, Aug 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Hal9000 Trainee Engineer

2. lyle sonders Apprentice Engineer

dont have any loaded

i tried to create a plain empty world no mods no nothing that error log is what came up.

3. DemonFiren Apprentice Engineer

Would you please post your error logs as off-site links?

This scrollfest is wrist-tastic.

4. lyle sonders Apprentice Engineer

at the moment I am completely removing the game form my computer then going to reinstall it

5. Tipiak Apprentice Engineer

@lyle sonders :

Please, delete your logs posts. We don't need such scrolls. That's enough boring here... Thank you.

6. Crewman87 Apprentice Engineer

www.pastebin.com for logs. Save the scroll wheel!

7. =AVG=Boomer Trainee Engineer

Manually deleting all the game files(and that includes the save files after backing them up to a different folder) and the telling steam to delete local content then reinstalling worked for me and the rest of the players on our dedicated server. That says its the game files not the save file that is/was corrupted for us. Good thing SE is such a small game... Took 3 min to reinstall. Didn't have to do anything for the dedicated server, just the installs on our rigs.

8. lyle sonders Apprentice Engineer

ok posted log to http://pastebin.com/N8Lubcbg

the re-installation of game had no affect

9. lyle sonders Apprentice Engineer

thanks chopper for the link

10. Hal9000 Trainee Engineer

11. Hal9000 Trainee Engineer

lyle it seems your xml file regarding cube blocks is corrupt. It seems you have a backup of that file in your data folder that shouldn't be there. You should delete your data folder located in Program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/spaceengineers/content/. Got to Steam, to your game library and right click Space Engineers, go down to properties. Click the local files tab at the top. Select the last option on the screen labeled Verify integrity of game cache Error: no checksum found for file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\Content\Data\CubeBlocks_backup130386396003850508.sbc'.

12. Hal9000 Trainee Engineer

This will replenish your files and you will loose no game saves.^

13. lyle sonders Apprentice Engineer

all files successfully validated

14. Hal9000 Trainee Engineer

...Will it now load? Was this after deleting the data folder?

15. lyle sonders Apprentice Engineer

tried to play a server world got the same error

16. lyle sonders Apprentice Engineer

with the data folder deleted it doesn't even load goes instantly to the world corrupt error

17. Hal9000 Trainee Engineer

lyle your error log states Space Engineers tried to run: Failed to deserialize file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\Content\Data\CubeBlocks_backup130398365389474760.sbc'
    This seems to be the root cause of your failure as it ran this one simple task several times and fail all of them.

18. Hal9000 Trainee Engineer

Did you Validate your cache after deleting your data folder?

19. lyle sonders Apprentice Engineer

That did it, I was able to create a new game, going to try and load a saved game
    Thanks Hal9000 for the help on this issue

20. Hal9000 Trainee Engineer

Your welcome lyle.

21. lyle sonders Apprentice Engineer

I can create and reload a new game but not any of my old saved game files

22. Hal9000 Trainee Engineer

Do original game saves use mods? Mods have been mostly the problem. Disable all mods to see if they will load the games.

23. Error_404 Trainee Engineer

Hal is right. Looks like all of the mods I am using are having issues. :( Hopefully, this will get a fix soon.

24. aoikazega Trainee Engineer

When a game is in the process of being ported to a console, much time is going to be invested in that conversion instead of the content creation and testing; I expect updates will become less voluminous and stable.

25. Hal9000 Trainee Engineer

I have been unsubscribing from the mods and resubscribing to them and a few have actually worked on the second subscription. Game play functions such as Cargo ship and respawn ship mods are obsolete due to keens new software changes that allow you to do this in game and create your own. When mods are put up and the building components contain a computer that has not been assigned a definition such as "terminal block" they also will no longer function. A prime example is DeadTechs TV.
    Logic told the author to build in a computer component for the build process but this now is an issue because he did not give the computer component a function. I am currently working on a log of mod issues to pass on to the authors. Hopefully Keen will provide a more lenient update soon.

26. lyle sonders Apprentice Engineer

I have began playing around adding mods to new game, will let everyone know which ones work and which ones gives me trouble.

27. RavynKnight Apprentice Engineer

I have over 50 mods on my survival world with little to no problem.. until today.. (save corruption error) I then just deactivated one mod.. small ship glass.. then it worked.. save loaded fine.. except for jetpack issue which seems to be linked to player skins.. either put on the default skin (if jetpack doesn't work) or hit backspace to commit suicide and spawn in re-spawn ship 2 and your jetpack should work.. i also had an issue with small ship interior lights having a graphical issue..

i didn't have to uninstall all my mods
    i didn't have to unsub and resub any of my mods..

there also seems to be an issue with other mods by that same author Hammerman i think it is.. so far i haven't had any problems since.. i even subed/downloaded a different small ship glass mod and it works fine

28. lyle sonders Apprentice Engineer

So far the only mod I have had trouble with is Hammerman's small ship glass, removed that and the game loaded fine with all other mods in place

29. Hal9000 Trainee Engineer

lyle, many have reported a working copy of small ship glass.

30. Amy Apprentice Engineer

How do you validate the cache ?

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.