Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[0.1044] World file is corrupted and cannot be loaded

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by zorrobyte, Aug 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Hal9000 Trainee Engineer

Go to Steam, select you games library. Right click on Space Engineers. Select properties at the bottom. Select the local files tab. Click verify integrity of game cache.

2. Hoyteq Trainee Engineer

I did as suggested and removed the small ship windows and now it working fine, not sure if that the real issue but it's working again and that more then good enough for me.

3. PrudentAura Trainee Engineer

My servers were not working so I validated the files and then tested the mods. Hostile universe, MOAR npcs and hammerman's small ship glass corrupted my worlds. Once I removed them it worked. (all new npc ships still stayed and loaded in even after the mods were gone which is awesome. It probably has to doo with custom respawn/npc ships.

4. Amy Apprentice Engineer

OK, that didn't work either so where do I find the installed mods to delete them ?

5. Error_404 Trainee Engineer

Thanks for the reply Hal. I'm also having issues with Shaostoul's blocks. Looks to be missing file extensions.

*Edit* spelling

6. Hal9000 Trainee Engineer

I hold my reservations about the mods being the biggest issue, but Keen has greatly changed the criteria of the mod perimeters. File textures must be .dds files. Models must be .mwm files. Computer components must be assigned a definition. This puts the damper down on those who don't follow Keens guidelines for modding. If you follow the rules Keen has laid out in advanced these issues would not be happening.

7. lyle sonders Apprentice Engineer

I have tried just about every mod from the workshop with the exception of a few that have no image or description and so far the only ones that I could not get to work is endless cargoships and small glass. which is not that big of a deal to me. I only have one ship that uses it and i can live with out it lol

8. Hal9000 Trainee Engineer

Hopefully Keen will not allow you to live without it. I still have issues with items missing logic definitions regarding the computer building component. DeadTech furniture pack has been causing crashes due to the TV. Has anyone experienced a similar situation?

9. mikeloeven Senior Engineer

Getting this on brand new map with no mods installed possible a parsing error ?

10. Hal9000 Trainee Engineer

Error Parsing has been some of the issues many have had to delete data files and reload new ones. Mods have been the other half as Keen has place tight parameters on these.

11. Hal9000 Trainee Engineer

Page one on this thread addresses error parsing. Delete your data files, then go to Steam, next to your game library. Right click on Space Engineers, click the bottom selection, properties. Select the local files tab, then click verify integrity of game cache. This will replenish your data and will not delete game saves.

12. Error_404 Trainee Engineer

Same here. Cleared out my mods folder under Appdata and my maps are working again. Endless cargo ships and small glass are the only mods not working. Ah well, lol.

13. Hal9000 Trainee Engineer

If you are experiencing issues please post your logs located in: Users/"yourusername"/AppData/Roaming/SpaceEngineers on http//:www.pastebin.com . I will look at them and find the issues and report.

14. Dan2D3D Moderator

I can't use glass mod anymore I will send you the logs here http//:www.pastebin.com ;)

15. Dan2D3D Moderator

16. TehRoach Apprentice Engineer

I don't know if this applies too all here

but I was heavily reliant on this thread today to get my game to work again Thanks to all :)

I found a bug in the KEEN SWH Astronaut Pack. v1.0
    -will allow the game to load NP
    -but will not let me use the JetPack 'X' if I am wearing the Pirate Suit :(

I suppose my easiest fix was to remove all MODs and reload them 1 by 1.
    Sky Boxes are the only mods that I use atm that don't seam to be affected :p

Would have to add that Space Engineers would have to be the best Alpha I have ever participated in to date.
    -Great Community
    -Excellent Developers
    -Longest lived and least troubling saved game currently on 16th iteration

Really Happy :)

17. TigerFixm Trainee Engineer

@TehRoach: Glad to hear you worked it out, seems like Keen may have changed how mods are supposed to be written.

@Dan: Have you ever used SE Skybox Tool? I had a very similar problem at line 575 that was wreaking random havoc.
    Code:
    2014-08-21 20:37:17.322 - Thread:   9 ->  Error: checksum of file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\Content\Effects2\Fullscreen\MyEffectVolumetricFog.fxo' failed o/L7SrolaSfyJSvcxfl52Sui0VvtdwEUMRmI21bGdIk=
    2014-08-21 20:37:30.463 - Thread:   1 ->  Nonexistent PublishedFileId reported in error. Id=0, Error=AccessDenied
    2014-08-21 20:37:30.915 - Thread:   1 ->  Obtained details: Id=0; Result=FileNotFound; ugcHandle=18446744073709551615; title=''; tags=''
    2014-08-21 20:37:30.915 - Thread:   1 ->  Nonexistent PublishedFileId reported in error. Id=0, Error=FileNotFound
    2014-08-21 20:37:30.915 - Thread:   1 ->  Obtained details: Id=0; Result=FileNotFound; ugcHandle=18446744073709551615; title=''; tags=''
    2014-08-21 20:37:30.915 - Thread:   1 ->  Nonexistent PublishedFileId reported in error. Id=0, Error=FileNotFound
    2014-08-21 20:37:31.096 - Thread:   1 ->  Obtained details: Id=0; Result=AccessDenied; ugcHandle=18446744073709551615; title=''; tags=''
    2014-08-21 20:37:31.096 - Thread:   1 ->  Nonexistent PublishedFileId reported in error. Id=0, Error=AccessDenied
    2014-08-21 20:38:05.819 - Thread:   1 ->     ProcessField() couldnt find: 'C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Mods\301534203.sbm', 'Textures\Lights\reflector.dds', 'C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Mods\301534203.sbm\Textures\Lights\reflector.dds'
    2014-08-21 20:38:05.821 - Thread:   1 ->     9ba4683f96e8a6bf5a74d4952582ebf20899a43b
    2014-08-21 20:38:05.822 - Thread:   1 ->     Loading character definitions
    2014-08-21 20:38:05.830 - Thread:   1 ->     MOD_ERROR: Alliance Astronaut v1
    2014-08-21 20:38:05.830 - Thread:   1 ->       Missing file extension: Models\astronaut_model, it should be: .mwm
    2014-08-21 20:38:05.830 - Thread:   1 ->     ProcessField() 'C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Mods\300900263.sbm', 'Models\astronaut_model.mwm', 'C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Mods\300900263.sbm\Models\astronaut_model.mwm'
    2014-08-21 20:38:05.831 - Thread:   1 ->     ProcessField() couldnt find: 'C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Mods\300900263.sbm', 'Textures\Lights\reflector.dds', 'C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Mods\300900263.sbm\Textures\Lights\reflector.dds'

Lots of repeats in there, did you try loading the world several times or something? But yeah, you've got some bad mods from the look of it. Either the authors took them off the Workshop or they're setup incorrectly. Try removing your mods and see if the problem repeats itself?

18. chriscro09 Trainee Engineer

I have the same error. All worlds are corrupt now. My computer keeps getting memory errors and crashing while loading too.

http://pastebin.com/e357mM1u#

19. RavynKnight Apprentice Engineer

the first post in this thread has a link to a working replacement for the small ship glass mod..

20. Dan2D3D Moderator

Thank you very much RavynKnight very kind for telling me I will be more vigilant next time I will read the first post ;)

21. RavynKnight Apprentice Engineer

No problem ;) glad i could help small ship glass is my favorite mod

22. Dan2D3D Moderator

Did not used SEToolbox yet but i've installed it yesterday and yes I've reopened my world a lot to find wich mod was not functionning.
    Thanks for the reply very kind ;)

23. Dan2D3D Moderator

HO! YES! Glass for small LOVE IT!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. Virakotxa Apprentice Engineer

I'm really sad to report this... but I think my Giger Skin is causing the issue too... I find myself floating in midair, no way to control either. My typeB gave me a couple crashes. And when they load, they are shown in T-pose... that is new. They've changed and broke something on the skins.

25. Virakotxa Apprentice Engineer

I've tried all custom skins that I have... a lot. And the only one that works is stallfish's Alliance Astronaut v2... So I'm gong to check what he did right.

26. Dan2D3D Moderator

Thank you very much SEBuilder4 ... That will save me a lot of time cause all glass have stayed in place works perfectly Thanks :)
    [​IMG]

27. Schmalz Trainee Engineer

Thanks much for everyone involved, deleting the data file allowed me to start a new game, running my old saves through SEToolbox has allowed me to play my old saves.

28. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

I took out Hammerman's Small Glass mod, my world loaded fine after. Have yet to test my other worlds, but is going to suck to have to disable mods

29. grunt211 Trainee Engineer

Is there a list of all mods affecting this build and causing crashes? Sachincorp mods seem to cause an instant crash. Oddly enough creating a new world with all my mods activated worked, but when I went to place something (say from Sachincorp) it crashed as well. I dont get corrupted world file errors anymore, just instant crashes.

30. mrkarp Trainee Engineer

POSSIBLE FIX FOR SERVER OWNERS

I have no idea if this will work for you but here is the steps i took to get my world back.

1. Deleted my Content\Data folder from C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\SpaceEngineers\Content
    like someone said somewhere on the interwebs from both my own computer, and my server box's.
    (http://forums.keenswh.com/post/01-044-update-mega-bug-thread-world-file-is-corrupted-and-cannot-be-loaded-fix-7047887)

2. Took the local save of the last person to leave the server last. Which was me so I navigated to my appdata on my local machine and copied the save folder over and put it on the server. I deleted my old corrupt worlds folder on the server. (I tried to launch it first on my machine before sending it over)

3. Started it up and it worked fine.

One thing I would suggest if you try this is to try it client side first, as in run the world on your client first to see if its corrupted on yours, or just the servers.

Hope this helped anyone. Thanks!

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.