Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[01.032.018] [Dedicated] Not re-spawning at medbay

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Doogie Howitzer, May 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Doogie Howitzer Trainee Engineer

I start the game in a starter. I die. I re-spawn in an entirely new starter ship sitting in the chair. Affects everyone on my server.

2. Doogie Howitzer Trainee Engineer

There seems to be some logic error that is occurring in the base code. It seems to be regarding the pre-1.032 save files.

I have been experiencing the medbay non functioning problem in both offline, online and dedicated games.

I ran some tests outlined below:

Test #1: I loaded a brand new Easy start map, offline mode, survival.
    I suicided and re-spawned at the medbay on the platform. I blew up the medbay and suicided again, this time re-spawning in a starter ship, suicided again for good measure. re-spawned in the same starter ship at the medbay.

Test #2: firstOf9 and I were debating whether SEToolbox was the culprit. I saved the EasyStart map I had run Test #1 on, made some changed to the save by deleting a ship or two, adding an object or two. I saved the changes to the save file and loaded it back up. Ran a series of suicide tests with existing and new medbays, no problems re-spawning at them.

Test #3: I figured the problem was the old save files. I loaded up a few different save files pre-1.032, medbays were not functioning with repeated suicide tests.

While not a scientific examination of all possibilities, it seems there is something in the game logic that is causing the medbay problem in pre-1.032 save files.

3. firstof9 Apprentice Engineer

After Doogie's testing, my suspicions are either the logic error is present OR the save file formatting has changed in some way that it is no longer parsed properly by the game upon loading the SANDBOX file.

More likely the former rather than the later.

4. Doogie Howitzer Trainee Engineer

Update: Previous tests were in offline mode. Started new map save on dedicated. Medbays fail. Started a map as non dedicated game. Medbays fail. Old map theory is incorrect, the problem breaking medbays is occuring at some point when the map is loaded into multiplayer.

5. doncdxx Apprentice Engineer

I am having a similar problem. Medbays aren't working to respawn on my dedicated but they are working fine in single player.
    I am too ignorant to the game's code to make presumptions why.

6. Doogie Howitzer Trainee Engineer

Further tests:

#4:
    Loaded Easy start on offline.
    Died.
    Respawned at platform medbay.
    Destroyed medbay.
    Died.
    Respawned in fresh starter.
    Died.
    Respawned in the same starter at medbay.

#5:
    Loaded Easy start on online game mode, solo playthrough.
    Same results as #4.

#6:
    Loaded Easy start on online game mode, solo playthrough.
    Same results as #5.
    Saved game.
    Reloaded game.
    Died.
    Respawned in the same starter at medbay.
    Destroyed medbay.
    Died.
    Respawned in new starter.
    Died.
    Respawned in same starter at medbay.

#7: Same tests as #5-6 with another player in game. Same results.

#8 Had the other player launch easy start with the same properties.
    Died.
    Spawned in fresh starter ship.
    Died.
    Spawned in fresh starter ship.

#9 I saved the map that my friend was hosting where we couldn't respawn at medbays. I then hosted and my friend joined that same map. Medbays were functional again.

We ran all of the same tests, involving saving and reloading across both our platforms with different each of us switching between hosting. Results seemed conclusive that when I hosted the game in any form there were no problems with re-spawning at medbays. When my friend hosted in any form, there were always problems with the medbays. We have the same client version and used the same settings on the loaded maps. The only difference was that I had the default starter ship and my friend was using a modded starter ship. Medbay failures were in all cases on his server, even in non start ships.

I don't know what this means at this point but the data is there to assist any dev in resolving this asap. It is literally game breaking for survival mode.

7. jetstream01 Apprentice Engineer

Such a weird problem. I can confirm this bug as well.

8. ethantokes Trainee Engineer

Happens to me too, every time actually, i dont even play multiplayer because of it. literally game breaking.

9. Scrin Trainee Engineer

I have experienced this too for the old savefiles. I've "fixed" this by rebuilding (grinding them all off and building again from scratch) and using the medbays ingame, which seems to be a permanent fix, for now.

10. captainbinary Trainee Engineer

Unfortunately that does not do a thing for myself, in multiple different dedicated servers. I can confirm this is a game breaking bug.

Also well done for testing/showing the results. Should help the devs narrow down the problem a lot quicker.

11. emachala Trainee Engineer

Grinding all medical bays down only works really in testing if you dont move toon to much that created the testeer medical.... it will work... if you make a medical and fly around playing game... it breaks..

12. emachala Trainee Engineer

Okay Got some more Info down... Ive had medical working fine for over 12 hours always working on login death etc... but only one catch you move the startership any more that 5k after spawning in startership ... or spawning area for starterships... stops working... movement and position are big factors here... wondering if the fact the Server is camera now that doesn't move and he is set to 0.0.0 if he is a factor that is contributing .

13. Emachalaiphone Trainee Engineer

OKay, And some more concrete proof. from the Quantum One 24/7 Persistent Server. Medical bays work fine, hehehe not really but its not the medical bays from prior or new.. grinding them etc.. nothing like that matters... I found a way to make old new medicals start working again...

So we can BReak the medicals and get one to work.....

Now i can Fix the broken medical very simply.

Either Asteroids or the center 0,0,0 marker serves as center of a radius. IF you exit that radius which form what ive seen is 9.5k which im going to test is asteroid increase this by moving them more apart ... but i set them 10k apart so seems right...

So take any broken medical and move that ship or station or medical to near center where they were working and they work again...

I took my ship from prepatch saves and moved it all works great.

So this should be easy fix now i can break um and repair um...

****** SO FIX for this for TIME being FIND Your limit mines 9.8k... Add a beacon at center and tell people Log out or have a base re spawn ship no more than this many meter from this beacon

14. Doogie Howitzer Trainee Engineer

I'll test this later, thanks a lot for the info.

15. Emachalaiphone Trainee Engineer

Asteroids are not related to Medical BUT respawnSHIP spawn area.

roids are what determine where in space the respawn ship can spawn... based of asteroid entire field radius.. put one roid 100k out... 100k respawnship radius for wher u could be when u goto one.

Problem IS based of World Center 0,0,0

Confusing if roids were not already at 0,0,0. But put a beacon at 0,0,0. and test it anything inside 10k or (9.5k for me was little offset). medicals will work... even old presave ships medical... even if you ship comes back into range will work fine... Something is controlling range of this... it seems to be 10k radius if anyone can find a control setting for this we be in money... if not we have to wait for fix...

Also changing spectator distance or position doesn't effect this, but my server dose seem to rune better maybe server camera way out there is a good thing will leave that in for testing further.

16. firstof9 Apprentice Engineer

Basicly a confirmation of some type of logic error in the game code causing the issue.
    Excellent, this should make it easier for Keen to fix.

17. emachala Trainee Engineer

Yes sir, hopefully they fix this today, kinda tired to living under 10k from center

18. BigDaddy Trainee Engineer

This sucks for the server map I made considering the nearest asteroids are 20,000 meters from center. Some 50k, 30 asteroids in total.

19. Phand Master Engineer

Hi,

this is pesky bug. I will try to find out what is causing it. And could you please provide world guys? Either upload it to Steam Workshop (the easiest way) or via www.dropbox.com Thank you.

20. BigDaddy Trainee Engineer

I can't currently get you the world file at this time seeing as I'm not at home. The server should be running right now with 20 or so people on.

Server name is:

2x2x2x2
    Emerald Immersion Dedicated 30 Asteroids

MrKoronas, Xander, or any of the mods would probably be more than happy to provide it to you.

Thanks

21. Phand Master Engineer

I will try to join, thank you for quick response. I need to reproduce it also internally. Since we cannot fix it on Steam version. That is why I need world. ;) Reproducing it on Steam would only confirm it, but not fix it. :(

22. BigDaddy Trainee Engineer

I've informed MrKoronas that you would be coming.

23. TheMap Trainee Engineer

Hopefully this can be fixed soon. Our world is pretty big on Desolation Gaming and this bug breaks immersion making most players respawn in our custom starting ships everytime they log in our die. Fingers crossed this can be fixed.

24. Emachalaiphone Trainee Engineer

Phand world sent, MIL-q is my mil transport i took over with 2 medicals and 2 cockpits if u wanna to use it to test even a gravity drive to test quicker :p

25. MrKoronas Apprentice Engineer

Sorry I have just got round to seeing the message here is the Map file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vgdjae4q2vvmluf/EDIM%20Dedicated%20Server%205th%20clean.zip

26. Draygo Senior Engineer

This is not yet fixed.

27. emachala Trainee Engineer

Yes same here still exactly same limited to short range from world center

28. MrKoronas Apprentice Engineer

Agreed Not fixed :(((((((((((((((((((( <- Ultimate sad face

29. emachala Trainee Engineer

I was So sad also to just see medical fix at bottom of list with how important it is to multi-player survival without survival is meaningless and impossible to play, since 1 hour = 250 starterships for my server.

This is in need of a emergency hot fix

30. MrKoronas Apprentice Engineer

Same here its sad to see :(

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.