Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[01.032.14] [DediSrv] 1. Server Freeze , 2. MedBays doesn't work

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Dehzz, May 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. emachala Trainee Engineer

Seriously, Medical fix was last on change long fix list, WE told you about this on last thrusdays patch.... and they are Exactly the same on dedicated normal single player... all Medical are STILL Broken they only work a short range from 0,0,0 and you move away and they put you in a new starter ship ... Same as before... I waited a entire week for this fix.. that i figured would be a day later hot fix cause its such a game breaking bug for MP....

Can we get and hot fix please there is no change in this patch from last on basis of medical FIX

I think everyone would like a hot fix today if not tomorrow... look at views of this thread equal to one of your sticky's

2. Phand Master Engineer

Hi,

this is true and unfortunate. I will push for hot-fix if possible. And I am really sorry guys.

3. Dehzz Trainee Engineer

Not good.. :(

But ok...fingers crossed.

4. Trueson Trainee Engineer

The cake is a Lie

The Medbay Fix is a Lie

5. RatKnight Trainee Engineer

Yeah, between the medbay and the severe rubber banding happening with this patch, the game is unplayable on dedicated servers.

I kept telling myself when I was flying 50KM for 20 minutes that this would be fixed today.

Much disappoint, such hope for hotfix.

6. Leatherneck Apprentice Engineer

Confirmed it is a lie. :mad:

7. Kienata Staff

Horizon needs a medbay fix.

I would like to say, even with this medical bay problem. The new stuff is incredible and while there were clearly new bugs introduced with the net code it IS running better.

Thanks Keen

Now please get us a working medbay so we can get back to playing!

E

8. Phand Master Engineer

Hi,

I was consulting this problem with our programmer. The threshold of 10 000 m was set intentionally to ensure that spawn ships that are very far away (e.g. 50 000 m) are not spawn points for players anymore. We agreed to raise this distance to 25 000 km. You do you have any other idea? (game is unplayable when you cross 50 000 m from center, because of floating point precision).

9. Trueson Trainee Engineer

well I don't know what you define as playable cause I'm out past the 50km mark and the game plays with the quality of single player (also phan edit your post you said 50 000km)

10. Phand Master Engineer

Correction: you can play 50 000 meters away, but we cannot ensure it will be comfortable since physics will start freaking out. Oh and thanks for correction. :)

11. MrKoronas Apprentice Engineer

Could we get some sort of server setting for this please Our server is spanned over 100km area and We would like to have the radius editable so we can set it to 50km radius or maybe more at our own risk. I suggest that you talk with your programmer again and see if this can be done, I can provide a map file if you so wish. Our community is one of the biggest and fastest growing in the Space Engineers community we like how our map is designed and it runs rather well, just the big issue on our server is Medbays. We plead to you that you thank this request as of high importance, it is essential to maintain a large community.

Kind Regards

MrKoronas Community founder of Emerald Immersion

12. Trueson Trainee Engineer

13. firstof9 Apprentice Engineer

It would be greatly appreciated if the programmers could make this a variable we can modify in the server configuration.

14. Phand Master Engineer

This one I like. I will ask if that is possible. Yes, ti was on purpose. I did not know it same as you (until I asked).

15. Doogie Howitzer Trainee Engineer

So you're saying the game is unplayable at a radius of 50 km from the center, yet the dev team sets the re-spawn distance at 25 km. Would be more logical to set it at 50 km from center to give us the full playable area at least.

To put that in perspective you've given us a volume of 65449 km^3 to play in but essentially excluded us from 458148 km^3 of playable area that isn't effected by wonky physics. That's a lot of untapped real estate.

I think the limit to med-bay distance, if there has to be one in that case, should be raised to a 50 km so we can fully use the playable area instead of arbitrarily assigning a limit of 10 or 25 km like has been so far.

I also agree an option to set the med-bay re-spawn limit by the server owners would be a nice compromise.

16. MrKoronas Apprentice Engineer

Well here's hoping that this good news comes.

17. emachala Trainee Engineer

IM SORRY THIS IS UN ACCEPTABLE. I run a programming company... This is absolutely absurd... I hope you know A BROKEN game is BETTER THAN A FAILED ONE.... This will Change absolutely nothing except people will not play game... WE have already devisied a NAV point system so people are alrady liveing without medicals up to 75k away..

I live 58k away NOT A TINY issue with any performance... I think you should not basis game performance on just the people that say its choppy its laggy... My system has never once been bogged down other than with 45ppl on server.

THIS IS UN ACCEPTABLE - ANYONE CAN SAVE A DEDICATED SAVE FASTER THAN SERVER ACTUALLY, 10-25k and toolbox makes griefing AND find all medicals, within a 25k range.....????

This is by far the most awful thing i ever heard... why make a space game that super realistic, but don't go further than i can render you..

Game Performance was not issue for us on the fringe. WE PLAY THE GAME

I VOTE THAT MEDICAL RANGE BE A SETTING IN SANDBOX.SBC LET US DECIDE.

18. emachala Trainee Engineer

As a server admin running 8 CPU cloud, i will have to shut down my server if you expect me to run a persistent world within 10k... Please change this to sbc settings controlled ...

There are so many issues that we endure for you with bugs rubber banding etc etc. Please let us control the distances .....

I really think this is BS , done on purpose? So purpose is that ever time i goto a cargo ships and I park next to it and then it hits me... i lose my ship and cargo cause cargo spawn outside 10k??????

How come ever person plays better with more distance from each other, but now u want to clump us very close together.

19. Doogie Howitzer Trainee Engineer

Qué?

20. emachala Trainee Engineer

Yes, That a +1 for adding a FIX that was changed on purpose to... But add it to the bottom of your change log, as a fix when it was already fixed?

You will add a dedicated server and LET us put 1000 people and 1000 floaty's, BUT U WONT LET US CONTROL MEDICAL RANGE?

Please, you already lied right to my FACE saying can you provide logs can you reproduce this.... but you actually change this on purpose and then lie to ME....

"LET MY PEOPLE GO"

21. emachala Trainee Engineer

22. MrKoronas Apprentice Engineer

I'm sorry but your attitude to this discussion is totally disrespectful, for a start I can understand why the Devs have set a limit but you shouting and screaming is not going to help you call yourself an admin, learn to talk like one. I do agree that we the server admins should have control over this at least with the dedicated server side of things. So too is it not acceptable for the Devs to hide things from there player base after all we are the ones who pay their bills, clarity it the best policy here letting your player base know what is really going on instead of covering things up.

23. Trueson Trainee Engineer

ok something does not smell right the range gets reduced to 10k and we report the bug you don't tell us then that its working as intended "ok you did not know thiese things happen" but then they "fix it" and include the "fix" in the patch note's. How can they fix something that according to you and the dev's was working as intended. it feals to me more like its not fixed and someone is lieing.

now understand me here I'm not trying to insult any one person directly I understand there is probably a rather long chain of communication here and the "lie" might be a miscommunication of some kind and there might even be some frustration god knows us player can be some really whiney bitches sometimes. But the medbay thing is kinda the kind of thing that could kill a game and I really like this game.

Plez Plez Find a Solution that does not involve me flying 35-45 min every time I log on to get to my base.

24. emachala Trainee Engineer

Im a free tester....

25. Doogie Howitzer Trainee Engineer

Take a chill pill. It's a game. The problem is annoying, yes; but having an aneurysm over it isn't going to help anyone.

26. emachala Trainee Engineer

"Oh baby don't blow your top"

27. Phand Master Engineer

Hi,

I ask your opinion so we can change it. There is not need to be rude. I told you what I know. I could stay sillent, but I wanted you guys to know the reasoning behind this decision and to know that I am trying to be completely honest. That is all. Of course I am asking if it can be changed and how. And all I get in exchange is facepalm.

28. MrKoronas Apprentice Engineer

Know what sick of people like you, I try to do the right thing and reason with you but it just turns you on more.

29. Doogie Howitzer Trainee Engineer

Thanks Phand. Your efforts are appreciated.

30. MrKoronas Apprentice Engineer

Well you know what people can be like and well there is no excuse for being like that on the internet because it's a choice, just ignore them and listen to the people who understand. TBH I think you should tighten the forum rules problem is you don't seem to have a report button on the forum.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.