Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

01.032...and were back...ABT speculation!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by aboredteen1, May 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. StuffYouFear Apprentice Engineer

About time.

-=0=--=0=--=0=--=0=--=0=--=0=--=0=--=0=--=0=-

Im thinking a unstable but non memory leaking version of dedicated servers, along with ownership of grids in some fashion. A way to say "your my ship, dont shoot me, that ship there is also mine, dont shoot it." Just a basic framework for fractions.

2. judskanw Trainee Engineer

The small ship Radar block now has two survival build stages... I don't remember them being there in 1.030, so I think that the small ship Radar block is close to being implemented. Sadly, there wasn't a large ship/station radar block IIRC.

Incorrect, see my second post in this thread.

3. Xocliw Public Relations Staff

You mean the antenna right?

4. judskanw Trainee Engineer

No: [​IMG]

The last time the radar block files were edited corresponds with the time I bought and installed SE. I guess the construction stages were there all along then...

EDIT: Calm your horses everyone! Because the radar block files are as old as my SE career, they might even be older. They might have even been brought here by extraterrestrial beings![sarcasm/] Could anyone check the last time these files were edited, preferably someone who has had SE installed for quite some time now. Please check if the last time they were modified corresponds with any date of a patch or the time you installed SE for the first time.

5. Xocliw Public Relations Staff

Oh yeah one of the hidden files. I think the radar has been in the files for a while now?

6. Hatchie Apprentice Engineer

I have a date of last change 24.2.2014 17:17

7. Ash87 Senior Engineer

Antennae are going to come with factions, since according to the AMA they are linked to faction identification.

8. TodesRitter Moderator

The community is the new NSA ^^

9. Menen Trainee Engineer

I dont know what the update will bring but I promise you it isn't what you are expecting.

10. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

What i hope i'll get: Connector Blocks connecting blocks, optimization for huge ships, Small Landing Gear fix. I'd also love a few tools to clean up the Grouping System, though that's not a priority right now.
    What i really need: Optimization for huge ships. My ship is big, but not large enough to support the piston-mechanisms Keen wants us to use instead of giving us prebuild stuff like Pistons (but looking at their awesome Feedback-Listening i have faith that they're working on one already. These guys are just plain awesome.) but even with that limited size my FPS go down to 3. Not 30. 3. Three. I understand wanting us to engineer this stuff, but if so you also have to support that size. I know they say they're going to optimize later on but at least one of their comments about Large Ships makes me worry (the bit about bad FPS with Large Ships not being a problem of game design but of people building Large Ships).
    Edit: counts for both Want and Need: Lower Quality for the visuals without having to go down in resolution.
    Edit 2: I would also appreciate it if my ships would stop damaging themselfs without anything causing destruction. I regularly find damaged blocks in places that could not possibly have anything floating around that would collide with the walls. It creeps me out, to tell the truth.
    What i think we'll get
    : more Multiplayer optimization and maybe a Large Ship Drill. The latest patches have all been very disappointing to me because i don't use any of it, so i guess my best bet to be right is to look at what i need the least and put all my money on Survival.

11. Insaniac Trainee Engineer

I think with the addition of the new items in the recent updates we are more likely to have something other than more new blocks in this one, namely a first stab at dedicated servers, major bug fixes (Landing gears and broken collision system) and some minor optimization for both SP and Stability MP.

12. Marneus Apprentice Engineer

I'm really looking forward to rails, but if it's dedicated servers it will be OK

13. StuffYouFear Apprentice Engineer

This is nothing new, they have done everything short of decompling code, atleast publicly.

Edit: turrent

14. Xocliw Public Relations Staff

Indeed, we are an nosey/inpatient bunch ;).

15. Fab Apprentice Engineer

<h3 style="font-size: medium; font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; overflow: hidden; text-overflow: ellipsis; white-space: nowrap; color: #222222; font-family: arial, sans-serif;" class="r">¯\_(ツ)_/¯</h3>

16. roguelycan Apprentice Engineer

There are a few things I would love to see in the game as far as the state its in now. Until factions is properly introduced I would love to see some kind of IFF functionality even if it needs to be manually done. For example a block that needs to be added to all ships that can be set to a number of different teams so the turrets will know what to shoot and not to shoot. This wouldnt work well when playing publicly since it requires everyone involved to play by the honor system but would make pvp combat possible with large ships using turrets.

Dedicated servers I am looking forward to but there are a few more features, like factions, that I am looking forward to more before because I think dedicated servers will kind of be just more of the same without those. Until my ship can effectively defend itself from people I dont want near my ship then playing on an open server with strangers is out of the question. If you prefer straight coop play then I could see why you would want them now though.

Pistons and rails as well as more utility items would be great just because more parts equals more possibilities.

I would also love to see the conveyor system have the option to organize and filter parts. I would like to be able to set individual connectors to only pass through certain parts and to designate storage containers to only hold specific things.

Loving the game and the frequent updates though.

17. aboredteen1 Junior Engineer

I stepped away from that and waited a few weeks. now im back

I originally tried to just do it on Mondays. that is generally when hype starts to build again.

in the words of the joker

[​IMG]

oh...please tell me your kidding... you are kidding right?...guys, he is kidding right?...right? I must be paranoid.

18. Urenic Trainee Engineer

19. Zhab Apprentice Engineer

Ah jeez... take a chill pill people. Yes this will come back EVERY WEEK. No need to post "not this again" time and time again. Yes "this again", deal with it. Guess what ? It's coming back next week. Friendly warning so that you can brace yourselves.

I myself rather enjoy these pointless threads. Reminds me of my childhood. There was a present under the Christmas tree. I'd have to wait until Christmas to open it. But that did not stop me from trying to guess what was in it. I would get those vague clues to help me. Size, sound when shaken. I'd also knew that they bought something to make me happy. Something fun that I wanted. But I asked for so many things. Which one is it ? And so I would guess with anticipation right until I open it.

My mother particularly enjoyed having me guess and wonder like that. I have a feeling that the devs might be watching this thread with a similar smile.

In any cases, these threads are like a throw back to those happy innocent times of my childhood. So I have an hard time understanding why some people are so against or annoyed by these threads.

20. Ash87 Senior Engineer

I'm curious, can a few more people try and be a bit less ambiguous on how they feel about having random speculation threads?

I'm getting a really mixed message here.

I think this is something important we should all take time to post about, that way we can make sure these kind of threads can never happen in the general discussion section.

Edit: I mean, this is an ABT thread, surely this couldn't have been done to elicit those kind of responses intentionally.

21. Urenic Trainee Engineer

the one time i find a good use for a meme...

22. aboredteen1 Junior Engineer

you don't like the near weekly speculation threads? because im honestly not trolling here. I genulinly want to see thought on what he next update will be. that and space whales. also have I become that well known in the community?

23. Ash87 Senior Engineer

Oh no, I actually -LIKE- weekly speculation threads, that was my point: People need to stop getting their panties in a bunch over this.

I mean this is the general discussion section, and we're talking about not having a discussion in it, if we dissuade the weekly speculation threads...

"Gentlemen, there is no fighting in the war room" kind of thing IMO.

As I said earlier in the post, I thought your point about Dedicated servers was well thought out, and could indeed be the case.

And as to you: I just have a good memory of forum posters for some reason. I actually find most of your stuff to be hilarious (In a good way) and well thought out, even when it's sarcastic in regards to me (Which I vaguely recall being the case once or twice).

24. aboredteen1 Junior Engineer

ok well thank you then. I could not tell if you were being sarcastic or dead serious in that. thanks for the clarification. also is this what your name refers to [​IMG]

25. Ash87 Senior Engineer

...You know you are actually the first to mention Bilbo as the inspiration +1. Most of the time people say it's Ash Ketchum

...Actually it's this:
    [​IMG]

26. aboredteen1 Junior Engineer

oh well then kudos to me. and who is the chainsaw-shotgun man then?

27. Skeloton Master Engineer

Lol I want to be analysed next :p

Both great films by the way. Cant wait for the next Evil Dead films....just hope they do the originals justice. If not......im reading that book and sending all involved to hell.

28. Zhab Apprentice Engineer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ash_Williams

29. Skeloton Master Engineer

Burn him BURN THE HERETIC!!!

Sorry dude but if you've not seen Evil Dead then...just....lost my faith in humanity :p

30. Zhab Apprentice Engineer

Who are you talking about here ? Because I've seen it.

PS: can this get anymore off-topic ?

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.