Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[01.043.008 64bit] Serious stuttering after patch

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by DocMop, Aug 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. DocMop Junior Engineer

Game FPS with VSYNC: 60
    Game FPS without VSYNC: 80
    UPS is 20

In both cases I get serious stuttering, even in the menus once I load a not empty level. Frequenzy of the stuttering is aprox 2hz. The time the game hangs and the time it runs are the same, so half a second go, half a second stop, half a second ...

Game was running absolutely smooth before the patch.

Running on NVIDIA 660 Ti. CPU load (Quadcore) at 70%.

Edit 1:
    In the time the game hangs, it does not even register clicks so I have to catch the right time to click anything in the menu to get it going.

Edit 2:
    Disabling all refineries did solve the problem.

Edit 3:
    There must be something else because the lag is bag with disabled refineries after adding some conveyor piping
    Edit 4:
    Scratch that, it seems some NPC ship came by with active refineries

2. EZ Pickins Trainee Engineer

Me too...really really bad...screen with Shift F11...

///Link removed-redundant///

AMD Phenom 9500 Quad 2.21 ghz / ATI 5770 / Windows 7

3. Hasbinbad Apprentice Engineer

unable to replicate

4. And1 Trainee Engineer

Yep...same stuff here.

5. Naut Apprentice Engineer

Same here, update lag is insane...

6. Scorpion00021 Senior Engineer

Refineries are currently causing lag. Try disabling them?

7. And1 Trainee Engineer

Not a good workaround.. :-/

8. EZ Pickins Trainee Engineer

Well it'll work for the time being...much better now...

Thanks for posting Scorpion :)

9. Nic_s Trainee Engineer

Got the same problem. Also, my brother can't see the game to join any more. We restarted like 4 times in the last 2 days since we got the game and now we are finally figuring things out and started to build stuff, but the update broke the game for us now :(

Is there a way to revert back? I'm assuming not, but asking to be sure.

10. Crewman87 Apprentice Engineer

I am sure if it's this bad it will be hotfixed asap
    ---
    I appear to not have this bug.

11. Nic_s Trainee Engineer

Yea, I know. It's just that I only have a little time in the evenings to game. Hopefully by tomorrow evening we can play again. Will just play something else or watch series :)

12. afinegan Apprentice Engineer

Sure, like the save game fix that has been prominent for 3 WEEKS NOW?

Seems like KSH is being run by Sales and Marketing with the bottom line of features being more important than game breaking bugs.

They are running the engine right into the GROUND

13. MR T Trainee Engineer

most people cant get in server after update, if you do get in...insane lagg, hope the fix this fast

14. Crewman87 Apprentice Engineer

This bug is definitely strange. I didn't have it occur for about 5-10 min of playing. Now it has started.
    This thread kind of makes me think that this is the same as before, when playing for extended amounts of time causes the game to run slower. With this update it just seems way more prevalent.

15. DocMop Junior Engineer

No memory leak as for now, but it still stutters like hell.

16. a-bullet Apprentice Engineer

just started the game to test the new stuff out, quit after 30 secs due to not being able to do anything without repeating it 1000 times. hotfix pls

17. Mohel Trainee Engineer

Could Keen roll back the patch until the lag issue is fixed?

18. Crewman87 Apprentice Engineer

I am with Mohel on this one, please revert it until fixed. The game is currently broken.

19. Tipiak Apprentice Engineer

Same here, but I too had those lags before downloading the update.

It worked "quite good" yesterday on the same map. "Quite good" because that's not a smooth 60 fps...

20. B-Phoenix Trainee Engineer

Game is severely Broken

Completely unplayable, PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE SOON OR REVERT UNTIL A FIX IS AVAILABLE

sorry for all caps but meh i need to get your attention, Keen. if you dont fix this a lot of folk are goind to be unhappy and will probs not play until the fix has been done or the next update?

- B

21. Tipiak Apprentice Engineer

There should be beta for updates... Meh...

It's so rare to have a perfect update which won't bring problems instead of fixing them !

22. Scorpion00021 Senior Engineer

Beta release of an Alpha update? owwww, my head hurts..

disable auto updating on steam until you know the update is stable if you dont want to test new features

23. Vaclue Trainee Engineer

AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 8-Core 4.0GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) / GTX 770 4GB / Windows 7 (64 bit)

Getting unplayable stuttering and am having to hit buttons 2 or 3 times for them to respond. I heard that turning off refineries helps but my main game is on a survival map and im currently refining some much needed ore...
    http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/28465633818263817/D923B6BFEE854A32A1F5E511767AF5CC03829173/ <- screenshot with SHIFT+F11 enabled

Guess I wont be able to play much if at all until this gets hotfixed =/

The rest of the update however I find awesome, cant wait to install the new button panels

24. Vervekke Trainee Engineer

I've got the same issue!

After updating, my saved game lags too, unable to play!

Joris

25. Kiithnaras Trainee Engineer

I too get this severe stutter. When I shut my 10 refineries off, this goes away for a short while, but it eventually returns after a few minutes and gets progressively worse. Oddly, I do not get the stuttering in worlds in Offline mode. Disabling all mods makes no difference.

26. Fiddi Apprentice Engineer

I also have the same problem, nothing more add! Just putting my name in here for statistics.

27. Tipiak Apprentice Engineer

Haha, that's the point ;)

I already disabled the auto updates for the game for a month.
    Still, that sh**ty thing continue to download the updates every thursday... So I can't do anything but accept the update...

28. BiggLou55 Apprentice Engineer

There is another thread on this. Disable your Refineries and see if the lag clears up...

http://forums.keenswh.com/post/new-update-01-043-refineries-7038428?pid=1283923301#post1283923301

29. Vaclue Trainee Engineer

It clears up but for only about 10-15 mins then the stuttering returns, and turning off refineries should not be a solution.. they are kind of important for survival players =/

Waiting on fix until I play the game again

30. BiggLou55 Apprentice Engineer

Wasn't meaning it as a workaround... Just to validate that it's the refinery issue. ;-)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.