Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[01.043.015] Refinery/assemler/connector inventories loosing items

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Ouchtime, Aug 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

...possibly related....I tried to use the glitchyness of the inventory system to replicate thousands of rounds and it appeared to be working, however, after exiting the control panel and re opening all inventory had been reset to before I attempted the exploit. Interesting.

2. Cyber Cheese Apprentice Engineer

+1

Seems that items disappear instead of being placed ahead of another item in an invetory or, sometimes, when click-dragged but then placed in their original cargo container.

3. Spacedweller Trainee Engineer

Same here, and when I am using my small welder/grinder ship. Grinded down private sail. Then proceeded to weld panels into my main ship. Only managed to weld 1 solar panel (48 solar panels) and rest disappeared.

And this only started to happen when I first lost 97 units of battery cell (already played like 16h +) while moving them from mother ship to welder/grinder ship. Those where first items to disappear, and after that is has been havoc.

4. Cobra Apprentice Engineer

5. Ash87 Senior Engineer

Here is when I have encountered this:
    1.) When I transfer items manually between inventories on connected ships, I have lost those items, If I am dragging into the inventory of a cargo container on the ship I am currently In.
    2.) When I select an object's port (One of the doors to a cargo container that lets me pull up the inventory screen) and drag from that container I selected through a connector to another container, I loose items
    3.) When I Drag and drop from one item to the same item (Switching up the order on refineries)

I have been able to PREVENT The loss of items, by selecting a connector, and transferring to that connector, rather than transfering to the box behind the connector.
    I have Also been able to PREVENT the loss of items by Right click dragging, and typing in a specific volume between containers.

6. TigerFixm Trainee Engineer

I can confirm this bug, but I can't seem to get it to reliably reproduce under specific circumstances. Here's what I've tried:

Left-click dragging items around one container: usually, but not always, works fine when combining two stacks of the same item, as well as moving items to the 'back' slot at the most bottom-right slot in the container's inventory. Unreliably causes items to disappear when shuffling their order. Unreliably causes a stack to split itself in two uneven parts. Unreliably causes items to disappear when combining stacks.
    Edit: If the stack is moved from the last/'back' slot of a container to an empty slot behind itself, the item is reliably destroyed.
    Left-click dragging between conveyor-linked containers on one grid: Almost always works fine. Unreliably causes items to disappear when combining two stacks of the same item. Often, but not always, causes items to disappear when inserting an item in the 'middle' of a container's existing inventory.
    Left-click dragging between conveyor-linked containers on different grids: I could find no difference from the one-ship scenario.
    Right-click dragging items around one container: Almost always works fine. Unreliably causes items to disappear when the new stack is in the 'middle' of a container's existing inventory.
    Right-click dragging between conveyor-linked containers on one grid: Almost always works fine. Unreliably causes items to disappear when the new stack is in the 'middle' of a container's existing inventory.
    Right-click dragging between conveyor-linked containers on different grids: I could find no difference from the one-ship scenario.

Possibly related, there are several stacks of gravel in one very specific large container which I am unable to combine, move, or split. I have permissions on the container, it's powered, and linked. I can move other items to and from the container. I placed the gravel in the container. Ideas? Should this be a different thread?

7. coffeene Apprentice Engineer

Just popped by to enter my 2 cents. Same happens on my end.

8. Afterglow Trainee Engineer

Having similar problems with items disappearing while reordering stacks. Also docked my mining ship with ~30k of magnesium aboard to my station it automatically unloaded the ore into refinery 1 but anything that wouldn't fit immediately disappeared.

9. Lord Rampage Trainee Engineer

I sat there for 10 mins trying to figure out where all my minerals went, First clicking and dragging ONTO another stack directly from the machine will move your items into a "temp" container that doesn't exist. I felt this was a sync issue but I've reconnected and the items are still missing. I have tried right click moving, It's just first click that causes this and you can move items over an empty space and this wont happen, I feel the Refinery is supposed to have a cycle mode where it changes its processed resources and it may "I didn't look at it to closely" but it's certainly is not putting the res back from this invisible storage, I would suggest these items got deleted but as Skrembles mentions the info for the item is listen in a file with no values. Hence why I suggested an invisible inventory and a refinery that has temp storage. I will mention this was only the refinery for me. I was only able to replicate the bug with ORE since nothing else can actually go in the refinery. I did test other items in other inventories but I had not tried to see if the bug spread to other machines that where attached to the refinery it self.
    Unless the desyncro is happening as the refinery is automatically moving it's own storage around and lags. Maybe sending server false values of 0 because the server cant read client. Just might be something to check out. ;) anyway hope this gets fixed, I wont be touching the refinery for a while, thing seems to be upset with me.

~EDIT~

Can everyone please confirm the loss of items during transition is due to not having a conveyor connected to the system.

Also I was able to lose items directly from my personal inventory while using a storage with out conveyor attached.

10. coffeene Apprentice Engineer

actually this does happen with non-refineries. I had made 1k steel plates and when the inventory got full they got deleted and it started to make more. I looked everywhere for them but they just vanished.

11. stellarfirefly Trainee Engineer

It seems that this particular bug is associated with full/nearly-full inventories, though some players have been reporting that items will sometimes disappear with simple small transfers. In any case, we're all really hoping for a fix soon. The last few serious bugs were squashed quite quickly, but it seems this one is taking awhile.

12. spamenigma Trainee Engineer

Well we've lost hours of work tonight due to this bug (and due to me not sorting out a rollback method). I'll take care of my part.. please take care of this game breaking bug. :)

13. Damadark Trainee Engineer

I too have had this bug. mind over 40k of uranium or with my large mining vessel and transferred it to my mobile armored base. Went into the inventory to distribute the uranium to all 8 refinery's and watched it all vanish. I'm glad the game had not yet autosaved so I was able to exit and reload the ore back into the ship. Didn't touch the ore this time in fear it would vanish again and be permanent this time. Spent 8 hours in digging from an asteroid and not about to let a glitch take away my efforts.

14. Lord Rampage Trainee Engineer

Can everyone please confirm the loss of items is due to not having a conveyor attached to the system.

15. stellarfirefly Trainee Engineer

No, my loss of items still happens even though a conveyor is attached. It is definitely not due to the absence of a conveyor system.

16. JayCo2013 Apprentice Engineer

Can confirm items go missing from Cargo containers, I lost thousands of steel plates and other materials yesterday and today while building my station floor I accessed a cargo container to replenish my steel plates and when I double clicked on steel plates the entire amount in the container just disappeared, over 67K worth thats 67000 plus steel plates just vanished Can someone notify us if this is being investigated please as its a new bug since the update and a major one when you think how much time it took to mine enough ores to refine to make that amount of plates, btw I DO NOT have a miner yet, thats my next build.

17. JayCo2013 Apprentice Engineer

Can confirm items go missing from Cargo containers, I lost thousands of steel plates and other materials yesterday and today while building my station floor I accessed a cargo container to replenish my steel plates and when I double clicked on steel plates the entire amount in the container just disappeared, over 67K worth thats 67000 plus steel plates just vanished Can someone notify us if this is being investigated please as its a new bug since the update and a major one when you think how much time it took to mine enough ores to refine to make that amount of plates, btw I DO NOT have a miner yet, thats my next build.

18. Vaclue Trainee Engineer

ugg all I want to do is finish a ship im making on my survival game but after losing everything from my containers I dont dare touch the game again till this all gets fixed =/

19. Phand Master Engineer

Hi,

reporting this bug. Thank you for letting me know.

20. spamenigma Trainee Engineer

Its really annoying, however on the plus side I've been taking advantage of the fact I can remove all excess stone/gravel I don't want just by dragging on top of itself and watch it vanish :)

I have multiple large containers mostly linked together, some via conveyers, using dedicated server (currently SEServerExtender), I've replicated this issue in full and half empty containers, been through lots of them removing stone/gravel just by dragging it within the container.... poof.... gone!

I've setup a new test base and with a standalone large cargo container so far I can't yet replicate the problem. At our main base we have about 56 large containers, 7 refineries, 20 assemblers, various conveyers and a couple of connectors all linked and the problem happens constantly there.

Would be nice to know the dev's are aware of this, or even on top of it or if they need more feedback/tests from us?

21. spamenigma Trainee Engineer

on a new test station, linked a large container to small with 4 conveyers.. couldn't replicate the problem. Added some more conveyers to the large container to a connector, still fine. went back to put some computers back into single small container, went to wrong one that wasn't linked so the container I was dragging to (it wasn't linked to anything!) so naturally it greyed out... but when I let go.. poof computers all vanished.

Can't seem to replicate that again but seems this bug shows in simple setups too. Just more repeatable in my main base where I can almost guarantee it happen, and it does seem more likely if the cargo is full but not always.

22. Phand Master Engineer

This information can actually help me to easily reproduce the problem.

23. spamenigma Trainee Engineer

let me know if you need me to send anything, or try anything.

24. Apocalysse Trainee Engineer

I got containers empty from every material except lingots (!!)
    Don't know if it's the same bug. 20 min was fine and i was reorganize the inventories, after => All empty
    MP games, never happened before ! :)

25. RavynKnight Apprentice Engineer

in my single single player world its is about 95-100% certain to delete all ore i am trying to drag to the first slot of the refinery while its running.. i haven't tried while the refinery is turned off.. i will attempt this when i get home and update when i get back and test..

as far as items deleting.. it seems intermittent and happens to me about 10-20% of the time..

26. Hyppe Trainee Engineer

I've lost probably over 15000 large pipes because of this bug... Just minutes ago another 6000 disappeared while i was rearrenging my cargo containers. And I made those to replace the previous disappeared ones :D

27. tycoonspaceman Trainee Engineer

16k of silicon wafers went missing on our dedi server when client tried to move it to a container.

28. nagchampa Trainee Engineer

For what it's worth my experience seems to be that dropping items back into the same inventory, especially on to the same slot will always cause them to disappear. This is usually when i go to grab one thing but some kind of lag causes the game to think I've picked up the item next to it, I got to drop it back in and it vanishes.

I just make sure I don't drop anything back into the same inventory I've just picked it up from.

29. Dctrjons Trainee Engineer

DON'T DOCK.

Don't dock an ore ship and a refinery ship while this bug is active.

The connectors with do an instant push / pull with the refineries and they will poof. I was supplying 250k of Mg and 125k of Fe (with misc others) and into 18 refineries (72k cap) and only 6 refineries took on ore before the "sorting" bug ate the rest.

30. Tisdan Trainee Engineer

Let's hope that there will be a bugfix today... I don't want to wait till Thursday :/

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.