Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

01.072 ABT spec thread

Discussion in 'General' started by aboredteen1, Mar 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. aboredteen1 Junior Engineer

This week,based upon the patterns of a few weeks, i am thinking we might get more blast door type blocks. It stinks that don't have a real time line to go off of either its all just "soon" but hey, "soon is better than "later" or "never". Last weeks update was cool and really allows the possibility for more creative ships. Compound blocks or pressurization would be fun also.

As always all comments regarding sentient space whales, space bees, the speculation of patchmas, or the general weekly community shenanigans are to be posted below mine.

So with all that said let the speculation commence.

Also i now have a job so expect to see a little bit less of me, i will still be active though.

2. Volfram Senior Engineer

1x3 armor slopes, planets, lasers.

3. donteven Trainee Engineer

I'm thinking some sort of AI since the last update was a bit lacklustre. We may get new blocks and some more bug fixes.

4. Spets Master Engineer

Deforming Blocks DELETED from the game forever

5. Tristavius Senior Engineer

WANT: Compound blocks (though I accept this is likely to be a way off yet). Compound menu items (i.e. ME Scroll Wheel). Further roll-out of variable textures beyond just the current screens format.

NEED: Proper edging and symmetry on the new 2:1 blocks. The ability to remove images from a screen's list via scripts (not just add).

GET: Hard to call it this week. A few bug fixes with regards to the new armors I think. Probably something medium-small which we never saw coming. Compound menu items isn't actually an impossibility.

6. rexxar Senior Engineer

I'm hoping for compound blocks.

Or really, any nice shiny new feature to pull my attention away from The Long Dark.

7. Tyriosh Apprentice Engineer

Well, fixed rotors and pistons would stick me to the game forever, but I mostly exspect fixes of the new blocks and maybe some small unexspected block, compound blocks will take some time I think.

8. Wizlawz Master Engineer

[​IMG] [​IMG]

would be sooo nice :eek:thumb:

9. SnugglezDR Trainee Engineer

all curved blocks r totaly broken.
    delete them and give us unclestes armor ramps to vanilla! thats the best mod since the start of modding Support. nearly all ships in Workshop used this mod. i rly dont know why u dont implement it.

also fix that damn rotors and pistons! both r totaly useless on mobile devices. it is not possible to use them without destroying ur own ships. ---> makes no fun

nothing else need atm

10. KissSh0t Master Engineer

DirectX 11

11. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

The TL;DR version is that the modded ramps use Ye Olde Blocke Systeme, and KSH is using a new system.

Want: rails? But we're not getting that, so instead let's go with atmosphere; I want to test my airlocks out!

Need: antagonists; more environmental hazards, hostile AI, etc.

Get: a random block we didn't see coming and either love/hate/both, some bug fixes, and perhaps expanded options for existing blocks (would love to see small/large advanced rotors make a comeback so I don't have to paste the set I got from Whiplash over and over ;))

12. SnugglezDR Trainee Engineer

i dont care what "Systems" they r using.
    in fact unclestes armor ramps works much butter then all the other armor blocks keen released.
    i dont mind that it could be such a problem to bring this to vanilla

13. Spets Master Engineer

Armor Ramps are more like single objects, when Keen Armor blocks merge together automatically. This is for performance, damage, and stuff like that

I also dont like the new deforming blocks, if anyone didn't notice it yet :p
    but I'm not that serious, I know they are going to improve/fix them. Or anyways, I just can decide not to use them and thats it.

14. DaveUnder Apprentice Engineer

1. Steering and torgue control for wheels on sub-grids when using WASD keys.
    2. Pressure force implementation for pistons, with slider to set it in menus.

Dave

15. Spets Master Engineer

ok seriously now

add Conveyor Hinges by Digi or your own version Keen PLEASE!!! and I swear I will stop hating those deforming blocks :kiss:

Note: no, those blocks I deleted there is not a boner dangit! I was setting up the pivot center

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2015
  16. Tristavius Senior Engineer

Oh! Those blocks hinge!

Saw it on the workshop but for some reason took it to be a conveyor themed rotor. Doh!

Okay; will definitely add a big +1 for incorporating or building new hinges!

17. Tyriosh Apprentice Engineer

HINGGEESSS, actually I think I should take a closer look at this kind of mods. Thought the same as Tristavius.

18. Maegil Senior Engineer

Hinges, and a force slider for the pistons.

19. Martinineter Senior Engineer

Rails, hinges and some other mechanical blocks (hopefully)

Also: rails

20. Tony Hughes Junior Engineer

Would like: A tool similar to the voxel hand that lets you shape the new deformable armour blocks easily and without damaging them in creative mode.

21. Valiance Apprentice Engineer

Actually, I'm pretty hyped for all their major large projects. All I ask for is spotlights to be further optimized. That'll keep me happy.
    I'm gonna guess another small update, more power to LCDs. Perhaps lifting the limit of 20 we currently have.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2015
  22. TheBinaryWolf Trainee Engineer

Actually i doubt they will hinges, since they told us they will delay rails until rotors and piston physics is fixed.
    Want: Atmosphere, planets, Directx11(!)
    Need: Radar,Sensors,Distance meter, direction vector in UI , antenna messages through scripts.
    Get: Random block ,more ramps, optimizations, more exploration ships(?)

23. Volfram Senior Engineer

Hey Spets, do you think you could build one of these for me to program on?

How is it different from the Tachikoma? Note the presence of hip, knee, and ankle joints.

24. picklerok Junior Engineer

I'm guessing that they will fix the symmetry on the new armor blocks, and maybe, just maybe they will add space whales.

25. Spets Master Engineer

I tried to make exactly this one when there was no hinge mod, and didnt worked too well

EDIT: testing now

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2015
  26. BoxxyBrown Apprentice Engineer

My number 1 desire, since being announced, is actually the engine optimizations. DX11, threaded rendering/physics, etc. Medieval Engineers runs amazing on my computer. Plus SLI actually works for it.

27. Malware Master Engineer

I don't expect any of the "big" updates, like AI, DX11 etc. for quite a few weeks yet, maybe even months. I would gladly accept smaller updates for a time to allow them to concentrate on these though.

Some LCD panel improvements and fixes of multiple landing gear drift issues in single player would be good though.

Oh, and at least a start of the compound blocks.

28. Paintbox Trainee Engineer

I don't want any goodies, I would be grateful for all kinds of optimisations. Just that. Anything that makes the game engine run smoother, faster, harder, better (you get the picture :))

29. Burillo Junior Engineer

i hope for text panel editor horizontal scrolling or word wrap

30. Hatchie Apprentice Engineer

Little OT: Those hinges, how do they works in MP? Since rotors and pistons works... MEH.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.