Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

01.072 ABT spec thread

Discussion in 'General' started by aboredteen1, Mar 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. trotski94 Trainee Engineer

Want: something

Get: Nothing dolled up as something.

RIP SE

2. Keyalha Trainee Engineer

I might get punched to death and forced to watch a million kittens die for this but i gladly sacrifice a few weeks of updates if i get oxygen/pressurized enviroments and planets any time sooner.

My guess with last weeks update is also that we only got those armor blocks because a lot of the behind the scene works got done already since the renderer flips out really odd sometimes. Many might say yeah it always did that. What i noticed though is that it mainly happens near asteroids which might just be my gtx 650 beeing too old to boot but it did not do that before.

Its just a gut feeling though.

My assumption from observation is that it seems that the current render pipleine is in the middle of beeing heavily under construction so i just assume the next big update will be that but not this week.

I would like to dig into it more but i dont want to transgress into things like reversing without it beeing officially approved by KSH which i doubt will ever happen, so i stay put.

TLDR: this week = something small
    coming weeks = dx11 renderer
    planets,pressure,oxygen at least 2 month+ to go.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2015
  3. adamvansanten Trainee Engineer

I just want symmetry on the new armor blocks fixed. If they release that I'll be very happy. I even stopped playing the game for a week because I don't want to build without symmetry and I don't want to use a mod anymore if next week the blocks are gonna be in vanilla.

4. Keyalha Trainee Engineer

Symmetry? Sorry if i sound stupid but I was not aware there is any tool / ingame method for that.

5. Dreokor Senior Engineer

I think it was either N or M to set symmetry while "aiming" at a object.

6. Malware Master Engineer

In creative mode only, mind. N enables/disables symmetry, M allows you to set and enable/disable the individual symmetry planes.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2015
  7. Keyalha Trainee Engineer

Ah that explains it i never played in creative mode, thanks for the information.

8. ZeroCore Apprentice Engineer

I agree that hinges need to be implemented at some point in SE.

9. piddlefoot Senior Engineer

Lets have planets pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease !

10. picklerok Junior Engineer

I don't think the devs are too keen (get it?) on adding new mechanical blocks, i.e. rails and hinges. There are too many issues as-is with the pistons and rotors, and adding a new block would only make it worse.

11. Thedevistator Senior Engineer

Picklerok you are right, but people don't understand the actual problem and how it may not be possible to fix due to Havok limitations, so they continue to want more things that will probably just break and explode while still not knowing what's going on.

12. Captaindan Apprentice Engineer

Hinges-Blocks!!! Hinges-Blocks!!! Hinges-Blocks!!! Hinges-Blocks!!! please Keen Software House add this!!!! :love: <3

And maybe a "convenyor mergeblock" would be nice to see. Its a litte bit pain in the ass to fly a with ship with 2 connected connectors. And it is also a litte bit pain in the ass to connect and unconnect connectors and merge and unmerge together. But this is Maybe. The Hinge-Block is important! ;) <3 Just take the mod into the Game. :) I don't care if they break o multiplayer but this it would be a nice singleplayer experience! In some cases if you use it with mergeblock you could build some things stable!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2015
  13. Carrion Senior Engineer

simple engineering and consideration of forces actually stops most of the issues. but that means you have to accept that the fault is with the end user.

14. Thedevistator Senior Engineer

Yes, but people don't want to have to do this to make their contraptions to work. Now think about rails that would be 10x worse and hinges would be like rotors.

15. Volfram Senior Engineer

...well, guess I'd better start figuring out how it walks.

The new system will be revolutionary! In theory I can keep track of the joints and feet which can be used to prevent the legs from colliding, and checking that a given foot is visible from the programmable block would allow the system to detect if a leg has been destroyed and compensate accordingly. Missing foot? Jettison the rest of that leg and continue on.

16. Wizlawz Master Engineer

SE without the Internet

17. Carrion Senior Engineer

whoda thunk it. people not wanting to do engineering in a game called space engineers....................

18. Sarekh Senior Engineer

Want: compound blocks (oh heck, sooo badly want them), thin walls, Dradis-esque detection, the option to toggle faction chats as private against allied groups - things that make my engineering life more easy
    Need: Multithreading, a fix for the ships taking off on dedicated servers when you leave while being in cockpits, the possibility to independently toggle cargo ships and exploration spawns without editing spawngroups - things that make my engineering life more convenient
    will get: sexy fixes, UI moddability, more armour blocks, implementation of additional specialized refinery blocks (they are still in the game files, right?) - total shot in the dark this week

19. AtlantisThief Apprentice Engineer

I just hope that the new networking is comming asap. Stopped playing now because lagging/glitching annoyed me too much.

20. Keyalha Trainee Engineer

Glitiching is something i can understand ( i look at you pistons ) but lagging?
    I have a friend that lives in Australia and i am residing in europe and we not had the slightest kind of lag at all?

We play directly via steam.

What kind of connection do you have? or the people you play with? Are you playing via steam mp or on a dedicated server?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2015
  21. AtlantisThief Apprentice Engineer

By Glitchting i mean pistons and rotors, by lagging I mean the ship movement on higher speeds.... in the end they are both the same actually since rotors and pistons are having issues because the object on the top is another grid that has to be calculated bla bla bla...
    So lagging i mean standing on a moving ship (it has some rubberbanding).
    I play on steam on a dedicated server with a sim speed about 0.9 with about 4-5 people. 2mbit down, 1mbit up.

22. Starman001 Trainee Engineer

Just fix jetpack sound bug... that would already satisfy me this week :(........ And when you love us, give us Block in Block... I want to build a console in the giant open space before a window :)

23. Killacyte Senior Engineer

What jetpack sound bug?

24. Starman001 Trainee Engineer

@Killacyte:

This bug here : http://forums.keenswh.com/post/1-071-005-64bit-jetpack-sounds-playing-inappropriately-7314172?pid=1286410416#post1286410416

Was introduced last week. However, I just see that Phand said it's fixed, so I hope the best :)

25. Hate Trainee Engineer

raise yours F5's :comp:

26. Keyalha Trainee Engineer

F5's are armead and ready sir *salutes*

27. Spets Master Engineer

wait, why F5?
    Im just monitoring the Steam Download, and the youtube SE subscription...

28. xxdabtxx Trainee Engineer

-_- spacewales

29. Wizlawz Master Engineer

Optimization of Change Log video(s) :p

30. PhilipSnyder Trainee Engineer

I suspect that either coinciding with atmosphere, or immediately before we'll get a new door type called, airlock. I also suspect that it will be dockable just like Connectors are now.

I'm going to go for Airlocks in this update...

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.