Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

]01.080.011] Ragdoll create CTD

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Laurent Darabi, May 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Laurent Darabi Apprentice Engineer

The ragdoll physics have caused a crash to desktop while simply flying in my suit. The world was already created before the update, but it hadn't any problem with ragdoll physic since (I've launch it 3 or 4 times without this weird message). Before crashing, this window appeared, with the choice "cancel", "retry" or "ignore". I clicked on cancel, and it crashed. (maybe I should have clicked on retry, I haven't seen the first line :eek:ops: ) I haven't seen any report like this on the forum, this is why I'm posting.

[​IMG]

2. Mesarim Trainee Engineer

Confirmed, also got it

3. Shrink Trainee Engineer

I just got it on an already Creative Mode Game. Then I tried the "retry button" but it just crashed the game then sent a report to Microsoft (\o/)...
    But, in my case, everytime I would like to stop to play and, so, quit the game, I got that following message in the same window like you :

Object was not disposed and is being collected by GC, make sure Dispose is called!

à Havok.HkReferenceObject.Dispose(Boolean A_0)
    à Havok.HkEntity.Dispose(Boolean A_0)
    à Havok.HkRigidBody.Dispose(Boolean A_0)

4. Laurent Darabi Apprentice Engineer

Yeah I got a message like that in a window when I quit, but It always disappears before I have time to read it. Also, I forgot to mention, I was in creative single player.

5. Mesarim Trainee Engineer

for me it happens when I use stargates... :-/ (mod)

6. welkar926 Apprentice Engineer

I couldn't reproduce the CTD bug on my world. Are you using any mods?

7. Hawkwar Trainee Engineer

Same issue since the new patch they released at some point in the last few hours. Creative single player. Have a screen shot the same as above but it wont let me add it here. And the report crash to Keen also crashed.

8. Hawkwar Trainee Engineer

I have had it happen 5 times now since my last post - game is unplayable.

9. Laurent Darabi Apprentice Engineer

I was effectively using mods, but I don't think that was the reasons ; shouldn't it have crashed before if it was ? I was perfectly able to play this world without problem, and this message did show only one time. I'll try to see if the mods are causing it, but I highly doubt.

10. Hawkwar Trainee Engineer

Got mine working again by removing all mods and reloading it followed by saving exiting and reloading mods again 1 by 1... interestingly I have the exact same mods loaded but its working.....

11. Laurent Darabi Apprentice Engineer

Hello again, sorry for necroing a bit but I must inform that the issue isn't solved. I didn't had CTD recently, but the message

is still displaying when closing SE, even mod disabled and on another new world. I highly suspect both messages to be linked.

12. Malware Master Engineer

They're not linked. The last message you're mentioning is a harmless "you haven't cleaned up" message, not really an "error" per say. It has also been around since before ragdoll, (I think, my memory is rotten ;)). They know about it, but since it's nothing more than a slight annoyance I am guessing it has a low priority.

13. Laurent Darabi Apprentice Engineer

Oh okay. I haven't experienced this before the ragdoll update personnally or read a report on this, but I thought that they were linked by an Havok error. I am obviously not an expert though, and I trust you, I think I might have annoyed the devs if they already knew it, sorry for that. Still, I would have preferred to have an answer from a dev or a mod, but if you are sure it is not linked, I think we can consider that the CTD was caused by mods, and this thread closed.

Thanks.

14. Malware Master Engineer

Nah, I doubt you've annoyed anyone :) You wouldn't be the first to report already known bugs. It's just, they can't answer everybody, although @Phand is usually very good at doing just that. And yes, I'm sure. I am a developer myself, and I know what a dispose assert is - having seen my share of them :)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.