Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

01.088 ABT spec thread

Discussion in 'General' started by aboredteen1, Jun 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. eldarstorm Junior Engineer

2. Dreokor Senior Engineer

3. eldarstorm Junior Engineer

Yep, you did. :mad:

4. Syncaidius Junior Engineer

As usual:

Want: Planets, Netcode, AI
    Need: Planets, netcode, AI, compound blocks,
    Get: Another scenario we can't really use until new netcode.

IMO, they should put the weekly updates on hold while they focus 100% of their time on planets. It worked for the infinite maps update, and it was very much worth the wait.

But at the same time, I don't mind the weekly updates either. :)

5. Harrekin Master Engineer

All I want/need is even a little blog post update on how the netcode is shaping up.

Anything else would be a bonus.

6. Sheena85 Trainee Engineer

Want : Mining fix (invisible ore walls)
    Need : Mining fix
    Get : Something that is not a mining fix

• Like Like x 1
  7. Endo87 Trainee Engineer

I'd like to see some planet oriented blocks coming out in advance of the actual planets. Things like ladders to aleviate everyone's planetary jetpack concers, tracks for conveyor belts and locomotion, hydroponic and soil based planters for flaura that could be transplanted from a planet onto a shipboard garden or atrium, turbines for generating thrust an power that only work in a certain atmospheric density. Things to make planetary gameplay stand out more than just being big ass roids.

8. Malware Master Engineer

Huh? I can't remember there ever was a week without an update...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Neither rain nor snow nor gloom of night can stay these developers about their duty.

10. russo_bolado Junior Engineer

Same here. Even when the updates were small, they were still released.
    That'd be nice, but it would pretty much kill "Asteroids" scenario, or give it a strict time frame. Considering you'd start with a food generator (maintained with energy and Ice), if the block gets damaged it's Game Over. You'll starve to death, since you won't have the "organic" part to replace it in space. Or this "organic" part would be available in Cargo Ships, which would make you do piracy in order to not starve. Collecting organic matter to add in food and oxy generator construction would motivate players to go to planets. You'd assemble an empty capsule, and use it to collect this organic matter in planets (ex. "algae" or "fungi") to fill the capsule and use it in construction.
    If you don't start with a food generator (but start with some food stock), you'd have to assemble a food generator or raid a Cargo Ship before starving to death. This will make the game much more difficult. And your character would suffer the effects of starvation (max health reduced by time until it reaches zero). The Asteroids scenario could also have 3 difficulty settings:
    - Easy: all structures needed to survive
    - Normal: some structures needed to survive, but without food generator (and a 5-day food stock)
    - Hard: same as Normal, but without oxy generator (2-day stock for food, 1-day stock for oxy)

11. crazyrobban Apprentice Engineer

So, almost Thursday. Let's see...

Want: Planets, Netcode, More DX11 models, new / better sound fx, voip with range limitations and, as previously mentioned, cool crackly distortion effects.
    Need: Netcode for performance, planets for more interesting gameplay
    Get: I don't think it's going to be more scenarios, but it's not going to be planets either. So basically, I have no idea. Transparent GUI seems likely.

Imagining the game with NASA style VOIP, slower austronaut movement in space, breathing sounds and a bit of fog inside the helmet, planets with oxygen and gravity, DX11 optimised models and a proper netcode makes my insides get all gooey! ;)

12. welkar926 Apprentice Engineer

Let's see what I can add to the spec threads...

Want:
    New DX11 models, new sounds, Havok update, planets, community fixes.
    Need: Netcode, mining fix, fix for broken turret (gatling and missile only) and door textures.
    Get: No idea.

I am looking forward to the new DX11 models and community fixes the most. But I am not sure if only non-armor blocks will get new models.

13. chrisb Senior Engineer

Planets.. I'll not give up. :p

14. Taerarenai Trainee Engineer

Most likely planets will come next week (tho i wouldnt mind planets now, but that means i wont be sleeping tonight).

What i want at this point (after several updates that i found useless) is STUFF, WHATEVER STUFF, GIMME NEW STUFF, fixes & stuff !

What i'll get ? Yet another scenario thinghy that i will never use..... (unless they release AI and we can make missions iwht those scenarios in multiplayer, that would be the only way id use any type of scenario tbh..)

Ive seen someone say things about refunding the game....well i didnt buy it a long time ago, i was a pirate (YARR YARR) and then decided to buy it, but hell, whatever they throw at me at this point i will not refund it (and keep in mind that im pissed off because of their latest updates) because it still has the "promise" to become an even more awesome game.

15. ajacstern Trainee Engineer

At first I was thinking planets wouldn't come this update. But as soon as I learned that I am going on a trip for 9 days on Thursday to place without internet I knew, that this Thursday, planets will be released.
    JK
    Real spec time.
    I am going to assume it is either going to be something like VOIP or bug fixing with some minor added blocks/features. The new net-code might come this Thursday but that is unlikely. But it is very close. Anyway I won't see what it is for 9 days.

16. Taerarenai Trainee Engineer

Lol to hell with VOIP...that shouldnt be released until the new netcode is released....They should make regional chat & then add VOIP with the new netcode (so i dont hear a raging kid from over 2000 KM away).

• Like Like x 1
  17. ajacstern Trainee Engineer

I was thinking the same thing. They also need an easy mute system. Given the age for this game. Some squeakers are fine and are actually fun to play with. Others are not.

18. Taerarenai Trainee Engineer

Well thats actually a "very" must have if they add VOIP...something like GTA V has ( hear friends, hear faction, hear everyone, hear no one). Otherwise i'll mute the entire galaxy/game...

19. Tybot Trainee Engineer

Want: Planets
    Need: Netcode, netcode, and netcode
    Get: CTF gamemode that will be unplayable without netcode

20. Spets Master Engineer

is going to be just transparent UI and more scenario stuff and the forums will burn of rage

• Like Like x 4
  21. tharkus Junior Engineer

Hahahaha spets , lets hope to be what you say AND KSH& Community fixes and some DX11 Models at least and yes the rage will come anyway.

22. Thedevistator Senior Engineer

Keen could find the cure for cancer and they would still be rage on the forums, never gonna change.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Dreokor Senior Engineer

Ooooh I can almost see it...

• Like Like x 2
  24. Sinbad Senior Engineer

I think we will get a texture update for the space ball, one that makes it look like a planet. and they will add grav gen function to it. at the same time annuoncing 'surprise we're in beta!' then next week will be full release.

25. aaagamer Trainee Engineer

If we get a surprise it's beta announcement i will explode harder than a pair of small ship landing gear.

26. Sinbad Senior Engineer

I'm just thinking of other games that recently just 'surprise: beta' then released the very next update. it was unsettling to the community.

27. Syncaidius Junior Engineer

I think its safe to say if KSH do that, they'll be commiting suicide. I'm not sure everyone people will fall for the same trick twice. First time being Miner Wars.

Abandoning a game once, I'm willing to forgive. Twice, you get no more of my money.

But lets not jump ahead of ourselves. They've given no sign of abandoning SE in an unfinished state yet. :)

• Like Like x 2
  28. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Of course they would; the cure would be released as a Keen-mod.

29. fourthquantum Senior Engineer

New GUI and some more background additions in anticipation of planets.

30. DocMop Junior Engineer

I'd like to second that :)

That's the reason I didn't bought ME for now.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.