Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[01.105+] [DS] [FIXED: 01.117] Exploit - Free Resources via Projection

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by ashein, Nov 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. demolish50 Senior Engineer

Confirmed

2. demolish50 Senior Engineer

Five patches later, still not fixed or responded to.

3. demolish50 Senior Engineer

This bug still exists.....8 patches? I've lost count.

4. Prof.Liebstrumpf Trainee Engineer

Confirmed. Working in 01.112
    This must have to fix.

5. ashein Apprentice Engineer

01.113.011. Yep, you guessed right. On the other hand, my lander exploded violently for no reason while parked tight with the landing gears, so I'll take these free resources as a reimbursment :)

6. demolish50 Senior Engineer

This bug still exists.

7. Vxsote Trainee Engineer

Please fix this. It really sucks not being able to use projectors in MP.

8. StanH Trainee Engineer

I agree this should be fixed. It just makes serious multiplayer impossible. Admins now either have to ban the projector, or leave a gaping hole to anyone who wants to cheat in stuff...

This shouldn't be hard either. I saw the code in the old versions to empty containers when they are projected, I have no idea what happened to it, but please take a couple minutes to fix it :(

9. Jas Apprentice Engineer

there should be an option in the projector to mantain or wipe the blocks status and/or their inventory counts switchable only in creative mode or inside a game advanced option (like enable oxygen etc.)

10. demolish50 Senior Engineer

11. Tyrantis123 Trainee Engineer

I think this game should adopt the policy of "Matter cannot be created nor destroyed" approach to minimize exploitation in survival mode. Please stop the projectors from being a infinite pool of resources.

12. Levitator Apprentice Engineer

I don't think it's anybody's intent to completely defeat the purpose of Survival mode by granting free resources. It's just a question of whether anyone thinks the usability of the game, as it was designed, is important, and I am beginning to feel as if Marek is the only one who does, and that is assuming that his time is not now entirely consumed with GoodAI, which would explain the total decline of SE QA. He should hire a project manager who enjoys -playing- games. Not just getting paid to meet deadlines in the most haphazard and expedient way possible.

Levtiator

13. Levitator Apprentice Engineer

For example, I have just tried three times, fruitlessly, to start an SE server so that I can test my fix for this exploit. The server configurator is even more scrambled and useless than ever. It frequently displays randomized crap that has no bearing on the server instance which is being launched, and it is infuriating. I do not feel motivated to continue playing a game when it feels like work.

Levitator

14. Levitator Apprentice Engineer

Levitator Mod v1.05 Released (Now with projector exploit fix) Player spawn rules now optional']
    Levitator Mod thread is here

Let me know of any issues.

Levitator

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  15. DeltaDestiny Apprentice Engineer

Dont fix tgis yet, its the only way to play in MP until they fix the game, she's already broken, dont break her more.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.